The Harvest

Old April 26th 05, 01:55 AM

Default The Harvest

http://nospank.net/n-o38r.htm

This, spanking apologists and supporters of parents "making up their
own mind" is what is so frequently the outcome of your dishonorable
position.

Old April 26th 05, 08:53 AM
Dan

ugh! that paddle is pretty sickening!

Old April 26th 05, 05:06 PM

Dan wrote:
ugh! that paddle is pretty sickening!

Chances are the first incidences of the use of CP were just swats with
the open hand on the kids diapered bottom. When that failed to curb the
child's nature need to explore his universe escalation gradually
brought the child and the parents to this.

But then, parents are the best judge as to where the line is between
discipline and abuse when chosing CP as one of their parenting tools.
Is that not correct?

Most probably never would use such things, so that of course, excuses
all parents who might chose this, until they actually do. All the
events in between are "not crossing the line," isn't that right?

Old May 4th 05, 10:21 PM
Greegor

Was there any medical injury in that case?

I noticed that the school sent out the alarm
to Child Protection when the kid found it
painful to sit down.

If non-punitive means are better, then why does
our government keep using punitive means?

If you were to have your way, wouldn't boot camp
be more like a diet and exercise camp?

Would punitive pushups go away?

Would the five mile run be considered ABUSIVE?

Think of the savings when we eliminate prisons!

We can all throw pillows at the bad guys!

No more speeding tickets! punitive!

On the bright side, there would be no more
incidents such as at Ruby Ridge where
an FBI marksman put a bullet through a baby
and mother, killing both.

The government already applies non-punitive
methods to government workers, which gives
them all Montessouri like GUILT COMPLEXES
when they harm citizens.

Lawyers would be surplus since there would
be no more punitive law suits no matter how
culpable, negligent or knowing a defendant is!

The Enron executives would have to live with
that Montessouri GUILT even as they keep their
ill gotten BILLIONS of dollars.

For shame!

Old May 4th 05, 10:39 PM
Doan

On 25 Apr 2005 wrote:

http://nospank.net/n-o38r.htm

This, spanking apologists and supporters of parents "making up their
own mind" is what is so frequently the outcome of your dishonorable
position.

Of course, if the the anti-spanking zealotS have it their way, they
will be the one dictating how everyone should parented. And when
asked if they have any study showing their non-cp alternatives are
any better, all they can say is "WDNNSS"! ;-)

Doan

Old May 12th 05, 11:12 PM
Carlson LaVonne

Kane,

And this is just another reason why I advocate for a law that legaly
bans corporal punishment iin the US.

The "little swats" appear to initially work. Then the child no longer
responds to the "little swats" and the swatting escalates. And
escalates. And escalates. And suddenly the line is crossed and the
child is hit as the child was in this case. This is called the "Cycle
of Abuse."

The line needs to lowered. No more disciplinary hitting of children
should be the bottom line. This removes the ambiguity of current laws
that allow certain kinds of disciplinary hitting, removes the norm that
disciplinary hitting is acceptable in the US, and brings uniformity of
protection regardless of the state where the child is living.

LaVonne

Old May 12th 05, 11:42 PM

Greegor wrote:
Was there any medical injury in that case?

Why do you ask questions instead of finding out the truth for yourself?
Your arguments, assuming you are honest, would be gone, or you'd have
better material to create your hate driven fantasies of brutality to
children with.

Here, stupid:

"Charles Wilson was charged with injury to a child after his
11-year-old stepson received injuries to his buttocks from being
disciplined with a homemade paddle. Police say Wilson fashioned the
paddle from a 2-by-6 board that measured 24 inches and weighed 2 1/2
pounds.

An officer shows one of two confiscated paddles that measures 24 inches
long and weighs 2 1/2 pounds. Detectives were contacted by CPS to
assist in the investigation. Detectives interviewed both Dara Wilson
and Charles Wilson and also recovered two paddles from the Wilson
residence.

The stepson required two visits to UTMB's ABC Clinic for treatment of
the injuries.

Dara Wilson was charged with injury to a child by omission for failing
to seek medical attention after she had knowledge of her son's
injuries.

School officials became suspicious when the child arrived for school
and had difficulty walking and sitting. The school notified Children's
Protective Services. "

Whadday yah think, "Was there any medical injury in that case?"

I noticed that the school sent out the alarm
to Child Protection when the kid found it
painful to sit down.

Well, an injured child would require that, usually. Or school personnel
could be charged, most likely...and it's the moral thing to do as well.

If non-punitive means are better, then why does
our government keep using punitive means?

Our government doesn't always use punitive means of dealing with either
it's citizens or other nations...or haven't you noticed.

If you were to have your way, wouldn't boot camp
be more like a diet and exercise camp?

I don't approve of boot camp, and don't know to whom you speak and am
not going to play your passive-agressive neurosis driven game and go
look.

Would punitive pushups go away?

Boot camp has, along with all the other punitive methods of dealing
with youth, proven to be not only useless, but in fact counter
productive. Yah know what the gangbangers that graduate from the
program say, when they get back to 'da hood?" "NOW I know how to run an
organization, and I'm in shape to kick some ass."

Would the five mile run be considered ABUSIVE?

Probably not. Your point is nothing but empty babbling. The limit of
your mind is so obvious.

People run for five miles for FUN, if they are motivated properly.

Think of the savings when we eliminate prisons!

Bootcamps don't work, and they are quite expensive in fact.

We can all throw pillows at the bad guys!

No more speeding tickets! punitive!

I once, in a class I gave on motivation with cops in the room, told the
class exactly what I would do to "penalize" speeders. And it would make
a nice little contribution to the economy. Keynsian style.

I would create a carborator attachment that could be set and sealed
with a tool available only to cops that would allow the cop to set the
proper speed for that area the speeder got nailed in. And that seal
would have a set date, like say for one week, or 30 days, based on the
number of times the person broke the speeding laws.

Imagine breaking the limit in a school zone, and having to drive
everywhere at 20mph for three days, or a week, or a month. Eh?

I said all this partly in jest to emphasis how natural consequences are
a powerful motivator, but some of the cops had a great laugh and
thought I would work. They'd LOVE to do it.

On the bright side, there would be no more
incidents such as at Ruby Ridge where
an FBI marksman put a bullet through a baby
and mother, killing both.

And that point of that being?

Are you suggesting that spanking was somehow involved, or the lack
thereof?

Or was it criminality? Do you actually know the full story? It all
started when a cop shot a dog. Now granted, I'd be tempted if a cop
shot my dog to kill the SOB, but reason would prevail. So far as I am
concerned, a dog's life is not the same as a humans. And I am not the
one to judge that in any case.

The dog's owner shot the cop. Figure it out stupid.

The government already applies non-punitive
methods to government workers, which gives
them all Montessouri like GUILT COMPLEXES
when they harm citizens.

What are "Montessouri" [sic] "like GUILT COMPLEXES?"

Lawyers would be surplus since there would
be no more punitive law suits no matter how
culpable, negligent or knowing a defendant is!

Your imagination is running away with you. The truth is that eventually
the existence of such things would diminish considerably in a society
that learned to raise it's children to be self regulate and self
motivated.

The Enron executives would have to live with
that Montessouri GUILT even as they keep their
ill gotten BILLIONS of dollars.

You must know something about "Montessouri" [sic] that I do not. I
don't recall "guilt" being a driving motivator in that instructional
discipline.

For shame!

Oh, I see....humor....ARH ARH ARH.

(H) the following mom, baby & toddler items fsot scr621 General 0 April 11th 05 09:30 AM
13 reasons not to vaccinate Melissa Pregnancy 57 April 5th 05 04:39 AM
MD liars and their lying bureacracies (Amy wrote: 'Somebody call Todd') Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 25 March 28th 05 09:42 PM
Vaccination Hoaxes john Pregnancy 2 March 27th 05 03:30 AM
Thanksgiving in Canada... a few head-scratchers... lizzard woman General 15 October 17th 03 08:13 PM