something that made me grumpy

Old November 10th 05, 07:25 PM
Rebecca Jo

Default something that made me grumpy

"JennP" wrote:

Jessica just started trying to do that. It's kind of funny at first, but
it
gets annoying pretty quick.

I remember when ds discovered there were two, lol. He was probably just
over
a year and I hadn't covered up the other side yet. He looked at both
breasts, got a huge smile on his face, let out an "ahhhhhhh" and buried
his
face in my chest, lol.

JennP.

That is so cute! I hope you wrote that in his babybook or something. What an
adorable memory.

rj

Old November 10th 05, 08:12 PM
Mum of Two

"JennP" wrote in message

"Mum of Two" wrote in message

I have to keep one breast covered
or she switches from one to the other ad nauseum. Only at home, of
course!

Jessica just started trying to do that. It's kind of funny at first, but
it
gets annoying pretty quick.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cute when she started looking for them, now
I'm just glad she can't undo maternity bra catches.

I remember when ds discovered there were two, lol. He was probably just
over
a year and I hadn't covered up the other side yet. He looked at both
breasts, got a huge smile on his face, let out an "ahhhhhhh" and buried
his
face in my chest, lol.

Aww that's so sweet! DD keeps looking for the third one in the middle. I'm
not sure what kind of animal she thinks I am.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old November 10th 05, 10:01 PM
Melania

Cuddlefish wrote:
Anne Rogers wrote:

Last night one of the interviews was with a couple who were holding a baby
during the interview, I'd guess that the baby was around 5 months, sat on
dad's knee consuming a bottle, this set off a whole train of thought, would
they have recorded the interview with a baby at a mother's breast? What kind
of message did that interview send out, the fact that a baby was being fed,
with no interaction from the person feeding it, that bothered me far more
than the fact it was being given a bottle (which in all honesty could have
been ebm). The whole thing just frustrated me.

Ok, well then this may also frustrate you... My 3 month son is
exclusively breastfed on demand. But, trust me, apart from my boob, the
rest of me ain't interacting with him that much during the feed. Most of
the time I am watching TV shows I have recorded on my computer for
specifically keeping me entertained during feeds. Sometimes I am on my
computer and many times I am lying down sleeping!

My poor kid. Neglected from birth.

Jacqueline

Heh - this reminded me of this thread from days gone by:
http://groups.google.ca/group/misc.k...e76c5487f651f4

I'm amused by the concern the doctor had about a woman carelessly
breastfeeding while watching soaps, and how that could be worse for the
child than being lovingly bottlefed.

Melania

Old November 12th 05, 10:11 PM
Linz

On 9 Nov 2005 09:20:13 -0800, "emilymr"
wrote:

haha I got to read SO MANY BOOKS when Micah was still small enough to
prop them on him without him trying to rip off the pages. And I got
really good at typing one-handed. For awhile, I felt a little guilty
for not gazing lovingly into his eyes and talking to him and patting
his head, etc., but I got over it. And now we get PLENTY of
interaction while he's nursing -- "Micah, stop hitting mama! Micah,
don't pick mama's nose!! Micah, stop kicking mama in the face! Micah,
you can't rotate 360 degrees while latched on to mama!" And last
night, he pulled off in the middle of a feed, clapped his hands, and
then got back down to business. So we're making up for the first
months of neglect.

"Don't pull my lip! Don't stab my gums!"
--
Linz
YB: 2 years, 11.5kg, 83cm, still breastfed.