need help potty training!!

Old January 12th 04, 04:24 PM
stef

Default need help potty training!!

I have a situation I hope someone else has experienced. My daughter is
2 1/2. When we are at home, she will run into the bathroom and go
potty by herself ( she will pull her own panties down too)and tells me
before she goes. When we are out & about, ( shopping etc) she wets her
pants constantly. When we are out she won't tell me when she has to go
even when I ask her. I just keep taking her to all the restrooms
hoping to catch her. Someone told me to take her to the potty every 45
min when we are out. Well, this child pees very frequently. Any idea
why she's okay at home... but then regresses once we walk out that
door? Please help. I have been using training panties with the plastic
covers over them, so she definately feels the wetness.

thank you for any advice,

stefany
Old January 13th 04, 02:45 AM
Jeff

"stef" wrote in message
om...
I have a situation I hope someone else has experienced. My daughter is
2 1/2. When we are at home, she will run into the bathroom and go
potty by herself ( she will pull her own panties down too)and tells me
before she goes. When we are out & about, ( shopping etc) she wets her
pants constantly. When we are out she won't tell me when she has to go
even when I ask her. I just keep taking her to all the restrooms
hoping to catch her. Someone told me to take her to the potty every 45
min when we are out. Well, this child pees very frequently. Any idea
why she's okay at home... but then regresses once we walk out that
door? Please help. I have been using training panties with the plastic
covers over them, so she definately feels the wetness.

thank you for any advice,

stefany

Apparently, she is scared of restrooms. I would give it a rest. Perhaps, you
can get her going in more friendly restrooms, like bathrooms when you are
visiting neighbors and maybe a more public restroom she is used to visiting,
like maybe at work or church or something.

It is more important that she pees than she stays dry all the time.

Jeff

Update - child-led potty training Cathy Weeks General 2 November 22nd 03 11:00 PM
OT - Potty training - can it be child-led? (xpost) Cathy Weeks General 40 November 21st 03 10:05 PM
Stop killing Innocent Puppies! (Petition) The Puppy Wizard General 0 October 10th 03 06:59 PM
potty training lynn General 8 August 6th 03 10:37 PM
Frustrated - Potty training Infocus General 8 July 16th 03 05:04 PM