Holy Moly!!!

Old March 1st 04, 04:30 PM
Auntie Bubbles

Default Holy Moly!!!

Well, my friend and former employer threw me a shower last night at her
cafe. She went to so much effort and there were so many cute little details
and games and about 30 people who all had a great time.
I had a truckload of loot, and I went home and laid it all out on the bed in
the guest room and took pictures. It's nice that we don't know the sex, I
like the colors that were there better than the loads of pink or blue that
we might have gotten otherwise. Lots of yellow (TONS of ducks!) and green,
which I really like.
One nice touch was that she handed out envelopes to everybody there and had
them address them to themselves. She made it into one of the games and we
drew one of them and that person won a prize, but the envelopes were for
thank you cards, so I would have all the addresses written already. She
knows I have trouble handwriting with my carpal tunnel syndrome, and this
really takes a load off! I may even have to type out individual thank you
letters. I wonder if that's okay?
It was such a nice evening! I was overwhelmed that so many people were
there to wish us well, and were so excited for us. What a thrill!
Now here's a question;
I have 17 sleepers and 20 onsies and 14 receiving blankets and 12 bibs and
10 pairs of socks (all approximate). Is that enough? : )
They are all in different sizes, but the newborn stuff may not even fit at
all, big babies run in the family.
I ask for fun, but also because there is another shower in 3 weeks, and I
wonder if I should take the remaining clothes off my registries? God bless
America that this is a question that I get to ask in my life! But I really
don't want to be wasteful, so a little advice here would be helpful.
Cheers all!
Alexis
EDD 4/21/04
Beanie #1

Old March 1st 04, 04:34 PM
Tracey

"Auntie Bubbles" wrote in message
She
knows I have trouble handwriting with my carpal tunnel syndrome, and this
really takes a load off! I may even have to type out individual thank you
letters. I wonder if that's okay?

Firstly, if you thanked everyone at the shower, you are not technically
required to send a thank you note at all. (I am sure that Erika will
confirm this).

Secondly, if you do send thank you notes anyway, I don't think ANYONE will
criticize you for typing them given your carpel tunnel problem. And if they
do, send them my way and I'll smack them upside the head for the criticism.
Personally, IMO if anyone is going to criticize any attempt at politeness
they are being extremely rude.

Tracey in CT

Old March 1st 04, 05:16 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Auntie Bubbles wrote:

One nice touch was that she handed out envelopes to everybody there and had
them address them to themselves. She made it into one of the games and we
drew one of them and that person won a prize, but the envelopes were for
thank you cards, so I would have all the addresses written already. She
knows I have trouble handwriting with my carpal tunnel syndrome, and this
really takes a load off! I may even have to type out individual thank you
letters. I wonder if that's okay?

Normally the answer would be no (as it would be for
having the recipients address their own envelopes), but if you have
carpal tunnel and writing would be a significant hardship
for you, then you get a pass ;-)

I have 17 sleepers and 20 onsies and 14 receiving blankets and 12 bibs and
10 pairs of socks (all approximate). Is that enough? : )
They are all in different sizes, but the newborn stuff may not even fit at
all, big babies run in the family.
I ask for fun, but also because there is another shower in 3 weeks, and I
wonder if I should take the remaining clothes off my registries? God bless
America that this is a question that I get to ask in my life! But I really
don't want to be wasteful, so a little advice here would be helpful.

I wouldn't remove it from the registry only because
it starts getting restrictive for gift givers. People often
want to get clothes, and that ought to be their choice. If
you remove clothes, would there still be lots of inexpensive
items on the registry?
I think you certainly have enough for some definitions
of "enough" but having more isn't likely to be wasteful, per se.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old March 1st 04, 05:17 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Tracey wrote:

Firstly, if you thanked everyone at the shower, you are not technically
required to send a thank you note at all. (I am sure that Erika will
confirm this).

True, but once they've addressed their own envelopes,
I think the expectation is pretty much there right out on
the table ;-)

Best wishes,

Ericka

Old March 1st 04, 06:27 PM
melizabeth

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Auntie Bubbles wrote:

[...]

Or you could change your registry for larger sizes that you will need down
the road.

BTW...it sounds like an incredible shower and it was *so* thoughtful of your
host to have your friends address their envelopes. I wouldn't worry about
typing thank you notes...

Old March 1st 04, 07:27 PM
Carol Ann

: Well, my friend and former employer threw me a shower last night at her
: cafe. She went to so much effort and there were so many cute little
details
: and games and about 30 people who all had a great time.
: I had a truckload of loot, and I went home and laid it all out on the bed
in
: the guest room and took pictures.

So where are the pictures??? I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. Wow, a
truckload....awesome!

Sounds like you have more than enough clothes for your baby. No matter what
is on your registry, you are most likely going to receive more clothes!
LOL!

~Carol Ann

Old March 1st 04, 08:49 PM
Emily

Sounds like great fun -- and what a thoughtful host.
I'm sure no one will mind receiving a typed thank you
note.

I'd say go with larger sizes for clothing in the registry,
rather than take it off altogether. Or, replace the
clothes with similarly priced items (board books, small
toys, ...).

--
Emily
mom to Toby 5/1/02
#2 EDD 7/19/04
Old March 1st 04, 10:07 PM
Auntie Bubbles

Auntie Bubbles wrote:

One nice touch was that she handed out envelopes to everybody there and

had
them address them to themselves. She made it into one of the games and

we
drew one of them and that person won a prize, but the envelopes were for
thank you cards, so I would have all the addresses written already. She
knows I have trouble handwriting with my carpal tunnel syndrome, and

this
really takes a load off! I may even have to type out individual thank

you
letters. I wonder if that's okay?

Normally the answer would be no (as it would be for
having the recipients address their own envelopes), but if you have
carpal tunnel and writing would be a significant hardship
for you, then you get a pass ;-)

Another plus is that now I have their addresses in my database for sending
out announcements. I think I will go ahead and type the individual notes.

[...]

You're right about it being their choice. I will go back through the
regristry and check on prices again, maybe change sizes on the clothes that
are left.
Thanks for the advice, Erica

Alexis

Old March 1st 04, 10:08 PM
Auntie Bubbles

Auntie Bubbles wrote:

[...]

That's what I'll do, change the registry for sizes.

Thanks,
Alexis

Old March 1st 04, 10:09 PM
Auntie Bubbles

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
hlink.net...

: Well, my friend and former employer threw me a shower last night at her
: cafe. She went to so much effort and there were so many cute little
details
: and games and about 30 people who all had a great time.
: I had a truckload of loot, and I went home and laid it all out on the

bed
in
: the guest room and took pictures.

So where are the pictures??? I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. Wow,

truckload....awesome!

I have to make a website! Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sounds like you have more than enough clothes for your baby. No matter

what
is on your registry, you are most likely going to receive more clothes!
LOL!

~Carol Ann

They're all so cute, too! Can't wait to fill 'em up with baby!
Cheers, Carol Ann
Alexis