Transition from cribs to beds?

Old October 22nd 03, 03:25 PM
Jim Wehner

Default Transition from cribs to beds?

Last night, my wife commented on how we probably can just dismantle the
cribs and expect our twins to immediately adapt to beds.

How have others done this with limited space in the house? We can't have
2 cribs & twins beds in their room at the same time.

Thanks.

Jim
(Adam & Rebecca 1/3/02)

Old October 22nd 03, 04:31 PM
Twinzmommie

Well in our case, Riley and James were falling asleep in our bed every night.
I would lay down with them until the went to sleep. Once they were out, I
would pick them up and put then in their cribs.

When we decided to transition to beds, we took the cribs apart (I cried like a
baby) and that night instead of laying down in our bed with them, DH and I
layed down with each of them and they fell asleep in their own bed.

James still likes to be cuddled to sleep, but Riley will drift off on her own.
Sometimes I have to tell her I will snuggle her after James falls to sleep.
She is usually out by that time.

I am sure others will have some good suggestions, but this is what worked for
us.

PS-I have those side rail things on their beds so they don't roll off onto the
floor in their sleep.

Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael

Old October 22nd 03, 04:50 PM
Nikolette

One of our cribs was a 3-in-1 so we changed it to the toddler bed and let
them decide which one was going to sleep in it. C didn't like it OR the
crib, and kept trying to sleep on the floor so we took the other crib
mattress, dismantled the crib, and did a ghetto trundle bed with the 3-in-1
and he slept on that. Then when we decided to get regular toddler beds MIL
was able to find one of those car beds at a garage sale for $20, and C slept
in that while B slept on a mattress on the floor (preferred it to the
3-in-1) until we (recently) got another bed for him. We also got
"character" sheets to make the beds look more inviting, Spidey for C and
Rolie Polie Olie for B. BC were older than your twins though when we did
this just a while ago, and I think when they were your twins' age they still
liked sleeping in a crib together, and weren't into "characters" yet. HTH .
.. .

Nik
Brendan and Cade, 09.26.00
--
~::*::~::*::~::*::~::*::~::*::~::*::~::*::~
http://nesorrell.filetap.com

Old October 22nd 03, 06:58 PM
Jim Wehner

They slept in a crib *together* when they were older than my
twins? Wow! Must've been a big crib. Ours were in a basinet together at
first, then separate basinets, then maybe 2 or 3 days together in a crib,
before we put them in separate cribs (at about 4 months, I think).

Anyway, thanks for the input. I'll send it on to my wife.

Jim
(daddy of Adam & Rebecca)

Nikolette wrote:
[...]
. .

Nik
Brendan and Cade, 09.26.00
--
~::*::~::*::~::*::~::*::~::*::~::*::~::*::~

Old October 22nd 03, 09:16 PM
Jim Wehner

Oops, yeah... that's what I meant. She's not too optimistic that they'll
be readily accepting if, one night, they're in cribs & the next night it's
"sleep here now!" (in big kids' beds). Those are her thoughts, not
mine. I don't think there will be much of a problem.

Jim

H Schinske wrote:
wrote:

Last night, my wife commented on how we probably can just dismantle the
cribs and expect our twins to immediately adapt to beds.

Do you mean she thinks you *can't* do this? Ours adapted just fine. We used the
crib mattresses on the floor for a while, so it was all the same bedding and a
familiar feel, it just wasn't up high and enclosed.

--Helen