Expecting b/g Twins

Old December 25th 03, 10:01 PM
Taniwha grrrl

Default Expecting b/g Twins

"Daddy2b" wrote in message

First time, wildly excited parents to be of boy-girl

twins!!

Congratulations!

Does anybody have any
good twin name websites?

Really you don't want to inflict your children with 'twin'
names. Just pick regular names you like for each individual
child. Twin names are what you give cats, dogs and other
pets because it's cute, but not to your own flesh and blood
;-)

Did you know the names when you heard them or did
they grow on you?

Well we though we were having a boy and a girl as that's
what the ultrasound said, so we only had one 'set' girls
name. When we were pleasantly surprised with two beautiful
girls we had to do a bit of a rethink. It didn't take long
as we did have a second girls name just in case, but we
juggled the first and middle names around a bit to suit each
baby. The result was baby A (the alleged boy)being named
Rose Isabella and baby B being Amelia Kate.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old December 26th 03, 02:52 AM
Missy in Indiana

Welcome...and I'm so happy for you. Your excitement is bursting off the screen
and you remind me so much of me and my dh when we were expecting! I hope the
pg continues to go safely

Did you know the names when you heard them or did
they grow on you?

One name was just in my heart and I knew I would know which baby it went to
when I saw her face. The other name surprisingly came to us in the car on the
way to the hospital and caused us to rethink the whole plan! We actually did
not officially name our daughters until day #4 in the hospital. The nurses got
a little put-out, but I told them this was too big a decision to make to please
them and not ourselves I really believe you will see those faces and you'll
be able to match your favorite names with the face after a bit of time getting
to know your little ones. It's a magical moment...we just "felt" it.

Enjoy,

Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)

Old December 26th 03, 01:37 PM
Julie Seely

Hi --

I remember 23 weeks! For us, that was when we found out that the reason
I was so huge ("large for date" didn't even *begin* to scratch the
surface...) was that we were having two and not one. That was a great
time in the pregnancy.

We had Erica's name decided on well before the kids were born -- "Erica"
because it happened that when dh and I compared notes on our top two
girls' name picks, it was on both of our lists; and her middle name was
after John's mom, who had died just a couple weeks before the kids were
conceived.

We somehow had this sense that You Must Have Names Chosen Before the
Babies Are Born, so not having previously reached a consensus, we
struggled over a boy's name at the hospital as we waited for the OR
nurse to arrive (Twin A was breech, so we opted for a C-Section). Chris
thus wound up with one of his dad's top picks for a first name, and my
top pick for a middle name. I think that if I had it to do over again,
I would have just waited until after he was born. Not that his name
doesn't "fit", but it felt so rushed at the time so I've never been sure
we got it right. Hard to express, but anyway... That said, I was one
of the unlucky few who got a spinal headache after the C-section, and
I'm not sure *what* sort of name he might have gotten with me in so much
discomfort (from the headache; the C-section was actually not bad).

As for cutesy names, I'm with those who advise to avoid them for all the
usual reasons, but I also recall someone here reporting years ago that
their health insurance company couldn't handle the fact that their
similarly-named twins had the same initials and the same birth date, so
they had to alter one of them in the health insurance company's records.

If you have the new edition of Elizabeth Noble's "Having Twins" in your
collection, check out p. 312. That's C&E sitting on my mom's lap after
their 2nd birthday party. There's also a picture of them on p. 326
working in the garden (also at age 2).

Julie
Mom to Erica & Chris, 07/97

Daddy2b wrote:

First time, wildly excited parents to be of boy-girl twins!! Mom is 23
wks right now and reality is slowly starting to creep in... I'm 38 and
mom is 37 and have been married 10 yrs. Went thru all processes to get
pregnant and were blessed enough to have our first invitro take. Just
had a check-up yesterday with the peri and we got an A+! We have
watched the ultrasound tape 5 times already since yesterday... We have
been reading posts here for awhile and finally decided to jump in. The
support here is amazing and hopefully will become regulars... Our
house looks like the library of congress with all the twin/parenting
books and this is another great resource for us. Does anybody have any
good twin name websites? Mom and I have narrowed it down, but are
still wavering... Did you know the names when you heard them or did
they grow on you? Reading all the posts on what's to come is a little
scary, but I guess it's nice to take a peek at reality every now and
then!

Luck to all,

Dad2b

Old December 26th 03, 03:15 PM
Gretchen

Congratulations! We have b/g twins, and had picked out 3 names for boys and
3 for girls that we liked, but we waited until they were born to be sure
which name really fit each baby. Their names are Emily and Edan, and we
didn't choose names that started with the same letter, they were born in
Israel and in Hebrew their names start with different letters! So here in
the States when we had our 3rd baby, everyone expected that we'd name him
something beginning with the letter "E", but he turned out to be a "Matan".
We did have an "E" name on our list, but as soon as he was born we could see
that he just wasn't Evan. Good luck and feel well!

Gretchen

Old December 28th 03, 02:58 AM
erika

i'm so sorry to see no jokes about laurel and hardy. we used to tell
EVERYONE that asked that we were going to name our children that. i
think of cutsie twin names as like molly and polly, names that rhyme.
my girls are morgan echo and mina marie, mina we had picked out first,
it was one of those names that i always had in my head. marie is my
maternal grandmas middle name. we both wanted them to have names that
sounded good together because its probably THE only thing about our
girls that is alike, thank goodness we figured that out while i was
pregnant. anyway, we decided that the first one out of the womb would
be named mina.

finally after i was like a week from having them someone said morgan
and my husband said echo for a middle name, and it just clicked. and
NO we didnt name her echo like she is a shadow of her sister, its a
long story, but it does have a nice ring to it i think.

its so hard to name children, and then to agree on names you and your
partner both like. we are having a HORRIBLE time with our baby to be.
i'm about 4 months along and i know it will take until we're in the
waiting room to find a name.

oh and incedentally, we had no other names picked out. and we didnt
know what sex morgan was because she was shy and always turned away
from the ultrasound. but if she was a boy i wouldnt have named her
morgan. who says a pregnant woman makes sense???

and dont let the rantings about older twins scare you, twins are
AMAZING. i dont know what people do with just one baby at a time,
where is the excitement? its like an honorary and special club and
you're new members. i love being a mother of twins, wouldnt trade it
for the world. 3 year olds on the other hand........

Old December 28th 03, 03:04 PM
Jack H.

"Daddy2b" wrote in message
First time, wildly excited parents to be of boy-girl twins!! Mom is 23
wks right now and reality is slowly starting to creep in... I'm 38 and
mom is 37 and have been married 10 yrs. Went thru all processes to get
pregnant and were blessed enough to have our first invitro take.

Always nice to hear a good outcome of IVF.

Me and the missus, Lior, went through 5 rounds over 3 years.
Blessed with Abigail and Jonathan.

Just
had a check-up yesterday with the peri and we got an A+! We have
watched the ultrasound tape 5 times already since yesterday... We have
been reading posts here for awhile and finally decided to jump in. The
support here is amazing and hopefully will become regulars... Our
house looks like the library of congress with all the twin/parenting
books and this is another great resource for us.

As a new dad I found the advice and support here fantastic.
I also read Dr. Spock online.

Does anybody have any
good twin name websites? Mom and I have narrowed it down, but are
still wavering... Did you know the names when you heard them or did
they grow on you?

I knew Abigail was going to be a name if it/they/oneofthem was going to be a
girl.
It was my mother's hebrew name and since my wife didn't like the name Arlin
or Marcia (except for my mom) Anigail was heartily agreed upon.
Jonathan was more of a struggle.
I wanted Jake or Jacob but Lior though it was too close to Jack, which she
wouldnt allow, Israeli tradition is to use names of past relatives, not
living ones. So that was right out.
She wanted a modernIsraeli name and I told her that if it didn't have an
English translation she could just about forget about it.
I thought Jon (John,of which Jack is a derivative) put it in close enough
relation to my name, so it was a starting point, a default choice as it
were. Jonathan was ok for her as a start also, the Hebrew translation is G-d
gave, and after 5 IVF's he was a gift to be thankful for after all.
I imagine all the men that came before me, up to 10 or11 years ago, who were
in my kind of condition (genetic dead end) who wanted, but could never have
kids. And me with the thanks to relatively new technology... Well the name
Jonathan grew. He is a great fearless kid, (except for bath/ shower time,
but we won't get into that here).

Reading all the posts on what's to come is a little
scary, but I guess it's nice to take a peek at reality every now and
then!

Don't worry, it doesnt all come at once!
8~J

Luck to all,

And to you two too!!!

Dad2b