Birthday present question

Old January 29th 04, 04:48 AM
A. Walker

Default Birthday present question

Don't worry about doing either. If you just can't do that , then go with
the book thing. You did however open my eyes to something I never thought
about before. When I throw my twins parties I ask for no gifts because they
already have everything. I never thought about how uncomfortable that may
make some parents. Now I will just say in lieu of gifts donate to the food
bank or something like that.

Almetra
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/britetwins/

"Andrea" wrote in message
Jordan and Madison have been invited to a classmate's birthday party. The
invitation had "please no gifts" on it. I want to respect the parents' no

gift
decision, but I feel bad about going to a party and not bringing anything.
Would it be appropriate to either donate a book to the local library in

the
child's name or else give the child a TCBY gift certificate for his family

enjoy ice cream treats? I'm leaning towards the first idea. What do you

all
think?

TIA,
Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3/22/00

Old January 29th 04, 02:30 PM
KimandJuan

Almetra,

I just had to comment on your two. They are beautiful!!! I love Malea's
name also. We had a similar name on our list, Malia but my husband nixed it.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Old January 30th 04, 02:58 AM
A. Walker

Thank you!. Your daughter's are beautiful, all three. I really need to add
more pictures with big sister. How do you pronounce Emma's middle name?
Also how do you pronounce lliana and Aislyn? They look like such beautiful
names.

Old January 30th 04, 01:51 PM
KimandJuan

Thank you, as well.
Iliana-(long E-LEE-AH-NA)
Elidia(long A-lee-deea)
I feel that we may have set our daughter Aislyn up for a life time of
explanations. Every time someone reads her name off they pronounce it
A's-lynnwith a long A but we pronounce it eyes-lynn. It actually is of Celtic
origin and pronounced ash-Lynn but we put our own spin on it.
My husband is Hispanic and he chose all the middle names that are more common
Hispanic names all though not of Hispanic orgin. In Spanish the E always makes
a long A sound and I makes a long E sound.

Old January 31st 04, 12:28 AM
sash

I feel that we may have set our daughter Aislyn up for a life time of
explanations. Every time someone reads her name off they pronounce it
A's-lynnwith a long A but we pronounce it eyes-lynn.

I get this all the time with my name. It's pronounced (short a) sash-uh. I
can not tell you how many times I've been called (long a) sah-sha.
Explaining it gets old as well. If I know I'm not going to meet the person
again I usually don't correct them.

I hope your daughter doesn't have this problem!

Old February 1st 04, 03:38 AM
Seth Jackson

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:28:47 GMT, "sash"
wrote:

I feel that we may have set our daughter Aislyn up for a life time of
explanations. Every time someone reads her name off they pronounce it
A's-lynnwith a long A but we pronounce it eyes-lynn.

I get this all the time with my name. It's pronounced (short a) sash-uh. I
can not tell you how many times I've been called (long a) sah-sha.
Explaining it gets old as well. If I know I'm not going to meet the person
again I usually don't correct them.

I hope your daughter doesn't have this problem!

You're not the only one. It's amazing to me how many times people
have pronounced my name "Seeth" (long e) when it's clearly spelled
"Seth" (short e). Would these people pronounce "Beth" as "Beeth"?
--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:
http://hitmeister.home.mindspring.co...lypictures.htm

Music links: www.mp3.com/SethJackson
www.mp3.com/loudspeaker
www.SethJackson.net