What happened to our group?? ROLL CALL

Old January 20th 05, 07:13 PM
Ellen Kmetz

Default What happened to our group?? ROLL CALL

Where is everyone? I know AOL is missing lots of newsgroup posts, but I don't
think there have been any here in a long time. So let's have a roll call and
get everyone out of hiding!

I am Ellen, just turned 37, DH is Steve and he is 40. DD Erin is 9 and in
fourth grade, fraternal twin boys Bradley and Alex are 4. Erin was conceived
au naturel on the first try, boys after four years of unexplained secondary IF,
lots of clomid, injectibles, IUI's and our one very blessed IVF attempt We
live in Cleveland.

Next??

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Old January 20th 05, 09:30 PM
Mirethy & Arjan

Hi everybody,

We lurk most of the time, but we have gotten some good tips and advises in
this
group. And as Ellen we miss the posts and the news. Great idea Ellen to
start a
roll call.
We are Arjan and Mirethy (33 and 32 yrs). Our twin daughters, Kreychelle and
Draychelle, were born after almost 3 years of different treatments. I have
what they
called Poly cystic Ovaries. I used Clomid, had a little hormones pomp in my
wrist 24 hours
a day for a few months, etc etc. After all that, they started me on
inyections, slowly
increasing the dosis. After one miscarriage, we were finally blessed with
these two little
ones, who are now the best that could ever happened to us.
We live in Utrecht, Holland.

Mirethy and Arjan
proud parents of Krey and Dray
born may 12th, 2003.

"Ellen Kmetz" schreef in bericht

Old January 20th 05, 11:59 PM
Terri and Rob

Hello everyone, I am still here!

My name is Terri, I am 32 years old, and married for 7 years to my wonderful
DH Rob. I live in Ontario Canada, near Toronto.

My twins are Aimee and Kylie, age 13 months.
My son Colton is 4, and in junior kindergarten. He is enjoying it very
much.

I miss all the activity on this board too, but have been unable to create
many posts myself. I have recently been gone back to work full time (after
a year's maternity leave) and am finding things really rough. I have no
time to myself anymore!

Anyway, that is my update. I am still around and still read messages, and
will post whenever I can.

--

Terri & Rob
Colton (11-29-00)

Old January 21st 05, 12:34 AM
GwenO MS

I am Gwen, grandmother to TWO sets of ID twins -- 11 year-old girls, and
just-about 4-year old boys. The girls belong to my son and his wife...the boys
belong to my daughter and her husband. Both sets were naturally conceived,
both sets were vaginal deliveries, both sets were almost full-term and are
doing beautifully. I live in S.E. Pennsylvania with my husband who -- with me
-- adores our seven grandchildren. We feel very blessed.
Gwen
Old January 21st 05, 02:14 AM
Megan

I look every day, but there is just spam, spam, spam here. Things have
been going smoothly with us, so I have had nothing really to post.

I am Megan (27) and DH is 35. We live at the Jersey Shore, US. We
conceived our first set of twins through meds and IUI, only to
tragically lose our son at 18 weeks and daughter at 20 weeks due to IC
and infection. That was in 2001. We did the same medicated cycle in 2002
and were blessed with Aidan & Alexis, born at 33 weeks (vaginally, too!)
on 9/28/2002.

They are doing wonderfully! Just had their 24 mo. eval done (a little
late at 27 mos.) and they are developing and performing at a full term
27mo. old or older. No seen delays!! Yippee!! They are normal, moody 2
year olds that can be challenging at times, but that's what makes life
fun!

~Megan~
"Mama" to twins,
Aidan & Alexis

Old January 21st 05, 04:16 AM
Terri and Rob

Gwen,
In previous posts you mentioned working with children. Are you a
pediatrician or child psychiatrist or something like that? I know you have
always given good advice, but I was not sure whether it was from experience
or work training or both.

Old January 21st 05, 08:49 AM
Nebulous

Hi,
I am Alison and have read this group for almost 9 years. I rarely post but
look in most days. My hubby James reads it too. We live in Aberdeen
Scotland. We have Kirsty (18) John (16) and ID twin girls Brodie and
Heather (8). They were our little surprise extras to our family. The were
born vaginally and full term. They are very good friends and life for them
is just fun fun fun! It's like having a friend round to play every day. We
put them in different classes at school because the were so close and I felt
they needed to make friends with other children. Interestingly their best
frinds at school are another set of ID twin girls ...one each.

Alison

Old January 21st 05, 01:31 PM
Mirethy & Arjan

Hi everyone,

I see most people have had the twins vaginally, have anyone have
one with a C-section and one vaginally like me?

Gr,

Mirethy

Old January 21st 05, 03:26 PM
Nebulous

"Mirethy & Arjan" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I see most people have had the twins vaginally, have anyone have
one with a C-section and one vaginally like me?

I almost did! Here in Scotland, they like twins to be born in the operating
theatre if possible, in case of complications. The second twin had a
dropping heart beat after the first was born and the doctors were getting
anxious. They gave me the anti sick liquid (sorry don't know the name) and
laid me flat. I was quite distressed as I didn't want a C section and a
vaginal birth, so I pushed hard and she popped out!

Alison

Old January 21st 05, 09:56 PM
m.ackerman

We are here too. Can't believe Chris and Kathleen are 10 on Sunday! But
wow 10, can I survive it. Kathleen is now officially 5 feet tall, wears a
bra larger than me (thank goodness), size 9.5 women's shoes and is getting
nervous about 5th grade - here it's middle school (Central Illinois). Her
violin (which I was not looking forward to) lessons are going really well
and she actually practices without being told. Chris has been struggling
this past year with his medicine for seizures and failing in school as a
result from the meds. We took him off one of them and he was accepted into
the Special Ed group - it's making a huge difference. His processing
ability is crazy and helping him at night do homework is so tough. It's
also tough for him to see his twin doing so well (A student). So yes, we've
been lurking but no posting. I'm not sure if I posted that my mom died in
July, so I am without parents now and the children have one grandmother
(whom we take care of and is 90 and sometimes a pill). The kids birthday
consists this year of only one friend for something special and it's the
first time they are doing something separate. Chris is going to a movie
(Flight of the Phoenix no less), with a buddy and then to lunch out (not
McDonalds), Kathleen chose to take a friend for a manicure and then lunch
and then the mall! What a change from 9! They were born full term (8.6 and
6.11), vaginal delivery and I had 2 doses of chlomid (we have twins on both
sides of family). Anyhow, my DH is 58 and I'm a ripe 52. Decided to go
natural now, let the gray hair begin but was able to loose about 50 pounds
(down to my weight from my 20's). So much is happening and yet it seems so
routine. Glad to hear there are others out there instead of just the spam.

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/23/95