HELP!! High HCG

Old July 20th 05, 10:25 PM
bkavetsky

Default HELP!! High HCG

I need some help. At 3.5 wks my beta quant HCG was 5000 now at 6 wks it
is 101900. Could this be a molar or twins??? Does anyone have any
idea?? I am pacing the room and my doctors office wont call till
tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!!!

Old July 20th 05, 10:33 PM
Emily

bkavetsky wrote:
I need some help. At 3.5 wks my beta quant HCG was 5000 now at 6 wks it
is 101900. Could this be a molar or twins??? Does anyone have any
idea?? I am pacing the room and my doctors office wont call till
tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!!!

HCG is supposed to double every 72 hours for a while, so that
actually doesn't look that surprising to me.

Emily
Old July 20th 05, 10:39 PM
bkavetsky

Thank you Emily...I was just reading around and normal levels are
supposed to be around 50,000 so I was freaking out. I just had a
miscarriage in May so I am now paranoid.

Old July 20th 05, 10:47 PM
Jamie Clark

I think your levels look fine. High is good, especially after a few
miscarriages. Don't go looking for trouble -- if it wants to, it can find
you easily enough.... Good luck!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

oups.com...

Old July 20th 05, 10:50 PM
V.

"bkavetsky" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need some help. At 3.5 wks my beta quant HCG was 5000 now at 6 wks it
is 101900. Could this be a molar or twins??? Does anyone have any
idea?? I am pacing the room and my doctors office wont call till
tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!!!

Actually, sounds like the HCG has been doubling perfectly. Try the
calculator at http://www.ivfer.com/hcg.htm

Do you mean that your HCG was 5000 at 3.5 wks gestation? It would be
unusual to do an HCG test at 3.5wks post LMP, since you aren't even late
yet. You might want to make sure you are using the same dating systems as
the websites you've been checking.

Here's another site that has HCG levels for throughout pregnancy:
http://www.conceivingconcepts.com/le...icles/hcg.html

HCG is extremely variable and you might just happen to have more than
"average". Since it's doubling well, that's actually a great sign for
continued pregnancy. Although really high levels could indicate problems,
I'm not sure those conditions would produce the right doubling rate (don't
quote me on that though). AFAIK, the major issue is with *low* HCG and m/c
risk.
Good luck!
Amy

Old July 21st 05, 12:08 AM
rangitotogirl

"bkavetsky" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need some help. At 3.5 wks my beta quant HCG was 5000 now at 6 wks it
is 101900. Could this be a molar or twins??? Does anyone have any
idea?? I am pacing the room and my doctors office wont call till
tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!!!

Check out http://www.betabase.info/showBasicCh...?type=Multiple. While
you're on the higher side it's quite conceivable that everything is just
fine. Do you know what day you ovulated or are you getting your dates from
LMP? If you're going from LMP it's quite possible you are a little further
along than you thought, especially if you ovulated earlier.

Old July 21st 05, 12:11 AM
bkavetsky

My problem is I was breastfeeding so I never had a period. I am going
off an ultrasound...is that different?

Old July 21st 05, 01:14 AM
rangitotogirl

"bkavetsky" wrote in message
oups.com...
My problem is I was breastfeeding so I never had a period. I am going
off an ultrasound...is that different?

Your beta's were very high at 3.5 weeks but they have been doubling normally
since then so although they sound high it doesn't really seem out of the way
when you look at the betas in the context of each other.

I can't comment on the accuracy of the ultrasound. I know they're normally
pretty good with dates at this stage but I really can't help but wonder
whether you are slightly further along since you had high betas when you
were supposedly at 3.5 weeks.

Hugs to you. I know how stressful betas can be. I had the opposite thing
with very low betas at 5.5 weeks.

Old July 21st 05, 05:44 AM
Mum of Two

"bkavetsky" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need some help. At 3.5 wks my beta quant HCG was 5000 now at 6 wks it
is 101900. Could this be a molar or twins??? Does anyone have any
idea?? I am pacing the room and my doctors office wont call till
tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!!!

My hCG at 6 weeks lmp was 64, 926, and three days later was 96, 529, so your
results sound completely normal to me. That 'tiny' baby is now a healthy
one-year-old!
Congrats on your pregnancy, and I hope everything goes well this time.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,