Back to work

Old December 13th 03, 06:33 PM
Ellie

Default Back to work

Hi Everyone

I go back to work in 3 weeks - don't want to but not really got any choice.
Does anybody know how much BM I need to be trying to pump to keep the twins
going without supplementing with formula. I work nights so will be leaving
the house at 11.30pm and be back home around 9am, I plan to nurse as soon as
I get in but then need to try and get some sleep. I thought if I started
pumping now I could get some stored in the freezer but I've no idea how much
I should try pumping per day considering I'm still fully nursing (I will be
able to pump at work no problem). So ... anybody out there with twins who
can help, I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks

Ellie

9wk DS & DD

Old December 14th 03, 04:36 AM
Irrational Number

Ellie wrote:
[...] I work nights so will be leaving
the house at 11.30pm and be back home around 9am, I plan to nurse as soon as
I get in but then need to try and get some sleep. I thought if I started
pumping now I could get some stored in the freezer but I've no idea how much
I should try pumping per day considering I'm still fully nursing (I will be
able to pump at work no problem). So ... anybody out there with twins who
can help, I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Don't have twins, so can't help there. But, just
some ideas... How much do you nurse them now at
night and will you be able to keep nursing them
during the day?

Pillbug at 2-3 months drank 16-18 oz. of milk
for the 10-hour daytime period that I was gone.
I'm guessing that he drank the same amount at
night (we were on a 2 to 2-1/2 hour schedule
around the clock then).

-- Anita --
Pillbug is 6 months old!

--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old December 14th 03, 04:54 AM
DeliciousTruffles

Ellie wrote:

I go back to work in 3 weeks - don't want to but not really got any choice.
Does anybody know how much BM I need to be trying to pump to keep the twins
going without supplementing with formula. I work nights so will be leaving
the house at 11.30pm and be back home around 9am, I plan to nurse as soon as
I get in but then need to try and get some sleep. I thought if I started
pumping now I could get some stored in the freezer but I've no idea how much
I should try pumping per day considering I'm still fully nursing (I will be
able to pump at work no problem). So ... anybody out there with twins who
can help, I'd appreciate your suggestions.

I'd try and work in a few extra sessions each day and maybe one at
night. Also, if you nurse the twins separately, instead of tandem, you
could pump one breast whilst one baby nurses from the other.

I never had to build up a freezer stash for my twins so I really don't
know how much you will need.

You might want to consider taking a galactagogue for a bit to boost your
supply until you get into a good rhythym.

Another thing you might want to do is re-post the question with a
"twin-specific" subject line to grab the attention of us twin moms. :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old December 15th 03, 01:36 PM
Ellie

"Irrational Number" wrote in message
Ellie wrote:
[...] I work nights so will be leaving
the house at 11.30pm and be back home around 9am, I plan to nurse as

soon as
I get in but then need to try and get some sleep. I thought if I

started
pumping now I could get some stored in the freezer but I've no idea how

much
I should try pumping per day considering I'm still fully nursing (I will

be
able to pump at work no problem). So ... anybody out there with twins

who
can help, I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Don't have twins, so can't help there. But, just
some ideas... How much do you nurse them now at
night and will you be able to keep nursing them
during the day?

Usually its every 2 1/2 to 3 hours although at the moment they seem to be
nursing 22 hours out of 24 but I think, working on their corrected age,
they've just hit their 6 week growth spurt. The health visitor weighed them
today and in the last 12 days DS has put on 20 oz and DD 14 oz - how long do
these growth spurts last anyway? I'm going to keep nursing them during the
day - just get DH to wake me when they are hungry. If only I could figure
out how to nurse 2 in bed comfortably ..... !!

If it's not a growth spurt I'll never be able to pump enough ...... OK I'm
babbling - thanks for the help

Ellie
Off to feed the hungry monsters again

misc.kids FAQ on the Pregnancy AFP Screen and the Triple Screen [email protected] Pregnancy 0 March 18th 04 10:11 AM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 07:57 PM
going back to work questions Stephanie and Tim Breastfeeding 4 November 8th 03 03:03 PM
Lydia's Birthstory (long) Andrea Pregnancy 29 September 7th 03 07:23 AM