36 wks

Old October 20th 05, 05:15 PM
Ruth Shear

Default 36 wks

G'day

Still here. Had my third weekly NST/amniotic fluid level check. All is
well. Head is down. Baby is very active - not so much kicking as
stretching in every direction repeatedly. They did the GBS swab today.
My doc asked if I wanted to be checked (internal exam) and I said no
thanks.

I'm feeling great relatively speaking. Big and tired by night time. I
sit on a hot pad at night for a while which seems to relieve the butt
pain (think it's sciatic nerve) for another 24 hrs. Weekly prenatal yoga
still feels good.

I started drinking RRL tea each night about a week ago, just because I
had lots of BH last time and which led to some decent dilation/
effacement before labor really set in, but then real contractions never
set in even with AROM, so last time they did Pit. That won't be an
option this time with my VBAC attempt, but I want to do all I can to get
productive contractions going.

No interest in getting this over and done with early - there's too much
left to do. Still haven't done anything like pack a hospital bag, or
even fill in my hospital paperwork I should have done months ago. oops.
We did unpack the old baby clothes and I'll wash them all this week and
figure out where to put them since the "baby" cupboard is full of kid
stuff now. I've tracked down my diaper service. Mum arrives in two weeks
to spend a month with us.

I'm oscillating about when to schedule DS's 4th birthday party since my
EDD is the day after his birthday. I wonder if one week early is enough
- then my mum can be there too. Which means I really should think about
buying his presents soon.

A few months ago I found a great yahoo group of local mothers and have
got very involved (via the internet mostly) with them. They are a great
community and are all set up to bring food/babysitting/help as needed
for me once I finally deliver.

There's one other thing I'm worrying about, but I'll do a separate
posting on that.

DrRuth
Mum to Joshua Eamon (Nov 15th, 2001)
Venus the Fetus (EDD Nov 16th, 2005)
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~drruth/joshua/
Old October 20th 05, 05:31 PM
Anne Rogers

glad to hear things are going well, what happened with the friend you were
asking advice for not long ago?

Anne

Old October 21st 05, 02:53 AM
Ruth Shear

G'day

Anne Rogers wrote:

what happened with the friend you were
asking advice for not long ago?

If you mean the one with too much amniotic fluid - I had passed on your
suggestion about trying AROM and she agreed that seemed reasonable.

I haven't heard the details of what actually happened yet, but she had a
CS the next day to deliver a healthy eleven and a half pound baby boy!

Ruth