father becoming custodial parent and changing child support orders

Old December 11th 06, 07:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
toddneedsadvise

Default father becoming custodial parent and changing child support orders

I have recently become the custodial parent for my 9 year old daughter.
I have been paying child support to her mother from day one. She and
I have signed and notarized a document stating that our daughter now
lives with me. The District Attorney will not provide us with any help
in changing the existing child support order, still demading that I
make payment even though I have custody. Now my drivers liscence is
being revoked and I cannot find any help on my own without utilizing
the services of an attorney, which I cannot afford. Does anyone have
any advise. Thank You

Todd from TX

Old December 11th 06, 08:17 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"toddneedsadvise" wrote in

make payment even though I have custody. Now my drivers liscence is
being revoked and I cannot find any help on my own without utilizing
the services of an attorney, which I cannot afford. Does anyone have
any advise. Thank You

Todd from TX

Doesn't cost anything to write or contact your state representative.

There is no 800 number to help fathers, you're going to have to do some leg
work!
Get in touch with your local father's group too, maybe they have some
experience with this!

Maybe once verybody starts complaining enough to the useless political
windbags, maybe they's get fed up and do something to change this useless
system?

Old December 11th 06, 08:18 PM posted to alt.child-support
Mr. Anonymous

This place is for Nevada, but may still help.

Equal Rights for Divorced Fathers
Address: 23 N Mojave Rd # A, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone: (702) 387-6266

oups.com...

--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention
Old December 11th 06, 09:32 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

toddneedsadvise wrote:
I have recently become the custodial parent for my 9 year old daughter.
I have been paying child support to her mother from day one. She and
I have signed and notarized a document stating that our daughter now
lives with me. The District Attorney will not provide us with any help
in changing the existing child support order, still demading that I
make payment even though I have custody. Now my drivers liscence is
being revoked and I cannot find any help on my own without utilizing
the services of an attorney, which I cannot afford. Does anyone have
any advise. Thank You

Todd from TX

Todd, you can file a Pro Se petition for modification of support due to
change in circumstances.

Old December 11th 06, 09:43 PM posted to alt.child-support
ghostwriter

toddneedsadvise wrote:
I have recently become the custodial parent for my 9 year old daughter.
I have been paying child support to her mother from day one. She and
I have signed and notarized a document stating that our daughter now
lives with me. The District Attorney will not provide us with any help
in changing the existing child support order, still demading that I
make payment even though I have custody. Now my drivers liscence is
being revoked and I cannot find any help on my own without utilizing
the services of an attorney, which I cannot afford. Does anyone have
any advise. Thank You

Todd from TX

The DA cant file anything for you, he isnt your lawyer. Find out if any
legal aid agencies exist in you town. Call job and family services and
ask them what might be available. Find out about fathers rights groups
in Texas. It possible you can file the papers yourself but I dont know
what is and isnt allowed in Texas. Call the people that you send the
check to and stay polite but find out who has the athority to put a
hold on the drivers licence problem, then call them and find out what
court paperwork they would need.

Ghostwriter

Old December 11th 06, 10:41 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"ghostwriter" wrote in

The DA cant file anything for you, he isnt your lawyer. Find out if any
legal aid agencies exist in you town. Call job and family services and
ask them what might be available. Find out about fathers rights groups
in Texas. It possible you can file the papers yourself but I dont know
what is and isnt allowed in Texas. Call the people that you send the
check to and stay polite but find out who has the athority to put a
hold on the drivers licence problem, then call them and find out what
court paperwork they would need.

Your comments are naive and misleading, no government agency is going to
help this poor fellow, there's no reason to!

Old December 11th 06, 11:09 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

toddneedsadvise wrote:
I have recently become the custodial parent for my 9 year old daughter.
I have been paying child support to her mother from day one. She and
I have signed and notarized a document stating that our daughter now
lives with me. The District Attorney will not provide us with any help
in changing the existing child support order, still demading that I
make payment even though I have custody. Now my drivers liscence is
being revoked and I cannot find any help on my own without utilizing
the services of an attorney, which I cannot afford. Does anyone have
any advise. Thank You

Todd from TX

Todd- This site might help

http://www.texaslawhelp.org/TX/State.../ichannelid/91

Old December 12th 06, 12:29 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"toddneedsadvise" wrote
I have recently become the custodial parent for my 9 year old daughter.
I have been paying child support to her mother from day one. She and
I have signed and notarized a document stating that our daughter now
lives with me. The District Attorney will not provide us with any help
in changing the existing child support order, still demading that I
make payment even though I have custody. Now my drivers liscence is
being revoked and I cannot find any help on my own without utilizing
the services of an attorney, which I cannot afford. Does anyone have
any advise. Thank You

==
You have to file for a modification--yesterday! DA can't change the order,
only a judge can.
You don't need an attorney to file for a mod. BTW, notorized statements are
useless--you have to get the
order modified.

Old December 12th 06, 02:15 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Gini" wrote in message

"toddneedsadvise" wrote
[...]

Good advice. The reason the DA is not acting in this case is they only
represent the state's interests. The state has no interest in custody or
visitation issues. They only care about paternity and CS orders where the
state gets a percentage of the result.

The irony is the DA's are arrogant attorneys and won't take the time to
point you in the right direction. Once you get the custody change completed
and the new CS order in place through the court you can ask CSE to provide
IV-D services through the DA.

Old December 12th 06, 03:24 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in

The irony is the DA's are arrogant attorneys and won't take the time to
point you in the right direction.

Don't see what cause they have to be arrogant about, it's not as if they
were working on the top criminal cases. Personally, If I were a lawyer or
judge in the law profession, I'd be too embarrassed to admit I'm working for
a collection agency which is in the same league as ambulance chasing.