Just to let you know..

Old July 26th 03, 03:53 AM
turtledove

Default Just to let you know..

"Lisa aka Surfer" wrote in message

"turtledove" wrote in message
om...

"Didi" wrote in message
. net...
'Kate wrote:

I'm going to use this as a parting post. I don't think I can be of

use
to anyone just now and I realize, from Didi's post, that having only
good news about ones life and children (and how grateful I am that
things are going so well) and posting about it comes off like

bragging.

So, my letting everyone know how my life is going right now is

*bragging*?!?
Is it only acceptable to post here when times are tough? I'm sorry --

thought that friends are there for people in good times as well as in

bad
ones.

Your "parting post" sounds a little melodramatic, 'Kate.

FWIW, let's set the record straight -- you were very jealous of Mo,

and
I'm
pretty darn sure that any slam at her would have been welcome by yours
truly. I remember many ICQ's with you where we hashed out your
insecurities over Mo (especially in regards to Matt). She is young,
beautiful, full of life, and she had virtually ever man in this ng in

the
palm of her hand. I'm quite sure that you and Lorian had a few

giggles
at
Mo's expense.
--
Didi who's far past the superficial bull$@*#
Mother of 4, Step-mother of 1

what the ****?

Best just to sit back , Bri

I think I'm going to set the timer on the coffee pot to save time in the
morning.

Surf

I agree.

Old July 26th 03, 03:59 AM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message
I sent a letter of apology to Dennis. I didn't realize that his trip
was confidential. I did pass on the info to Lorian that Mo had
disappeared when he tried to contact her over the summer.

I didn't mean to betray a confidence nor would I intentionally do so.
I'd like to think of myself as trustworthy but evidently one needs a
decent memory to do so. I had asked Lorian if she'd heard anything
about Mo, from what I recall, because of her not posting and because I
knew Lorian was in her area. I didn't think. So I'm the rat.

God Kate, you couldn't have known.

All I can do is apologise and at least set the record straight. I
didn't do anything maliciously but harm did happen in some respect.

But in my opinion, that doesn't make you the person at fault. Lorian is the
blameworthy person here, not you hon.

I'm going to use this as a parting post. I don't think I can be of use
to anyone just now and I realize, from Didi's post, that having only
good news about ones life and children (and how grateful I am that
things are going so well) and posting about it comes off like bragging.

Love to you all,
'Kate

Ahhh I wish you wouldn't go. I know things have been rough for you as of
late, but that's what we're hear for. If you need a breather, then ok...
but don't go altogether. Do you have MSN? If you do, my MSN is cmedwards9
at hotmail dot com. But my email account is set to exclusive, so if ya want
my email it's cme_ at telus dot net.

Christine

(I'm gonna miss you)

Old July 26th 03, 04:01 AM
CME

"Didi" wrote in message
. net...
'Kate wrote:

I'm going to use this as a parting post. I don't think I can be of use
to anyone just now and I realize, from Didi's post, that having only
good news about ones life and children (and how grateful I am that
things are going so well) and posting about it comes off like bragging.

So, my letting everyone know how my life is going right now is

*bragging*?!?
Is it only acceptable to post here when times are tough? I'm sorry -- I
[...]

Wow, why would you bring up something like that? Was it necessary? I don't
think so.

Christine

Old July 26th 03, 04:02 AM
CME

"turtledove" wrote in message
om...

"Didi" wrote in message
. net...
'Kate wrote:

[...]

Yeah, talk about kicking someone while they're down. Pretty spiteful IMO.

Christine

Old July 26th 03, 04:27 AM
Didi

Christine wrote:

Wow, why would you bring up something like that? Was it necessary? I

don't think so.

You know, it probably wasn't "necessary", but why should we pretend that any
conversation between 'Kate and Lorian about Mo was anything other than what
it most likely was -- a slam-fest at her absent expense?

I was on both sides of the issue -- at one point I was friends with 'Kate as
well as with Mo, and I lived through all of the insecurities and pettiness,
and I can fairly report that it was all one-sided.

Besides which, isn't this like the 3rd time that 'Kate has left the ng in
the past few months? Always with a dramatic exit staged?
--
Didi

Old July 26th 03, 04:28 AM
Rolly The Pervert

"Lisa aka Surfer" wrote in message

"turtledove" wrote in message
om...

"Didi" wrote in message
. net...
'Kate wrote:

[...]

If Lorian has any class she won't be back.

You know she's read all this already, I'm sure some of you even got an email
already heh.

Old July 26th 03, 04:32 AM
Didi

Bri wrote:

what the ****?

O.k.....I'm simmering down.

Am I the only one to have read 'Kate say that I was "bragging" about my life
b/c I posted recently good things? Am I getting defensive over something
that I misperceived?

The part about 'Kate & Mo is my reacting to the thought of 'Kate and Lorian
discussing Mo, knowing how they felt about my friend. Sorry for reacting.
--
Didi
Mother of 4, Step-mother of 1
"Children, perfection, and sanity. You can only have 2 out of 3."
Anonymous
"turtledove" wrote in message
om...

"Didi" wrote in message
. net...

Old July 26th 03, 02:22 PM
Didi

Betsy wrote:

OK. I did not read 'Kate saying you were bragging, necessarily. Rather

she thought if she continued to post here, SHE would be bragging.

If that's what she meant, and I misinterpreted it, then I'll apologize for
jumping on it.

Then again, I am relatively new to this newsgroup, as has been pointed out

to me before.I don't know people here as well as many of the others. Maybe
it's best I stay out of it.

Actually, Betsy, it sounds to me like you have a pretty good head on your
shoulders, and I appreciate your honest assessment. I think that sometimes
it is better to get opinions from people who are not in the "thick" of the
emotional part of a situation. I started posting here in 1997 (I think),
and I have somewhat of a "history" with many of the people here -- maybe I'm
not the best judge of intent right now.....
--
Didi also a nurse

Old July 26th 03, 02:38 PM
turtledove

"Betsy" wrote in message
. com...
In . net,
Didi typed:
Bri wrote:

what the ****?

O.k.....I'm simmering down.

Am I the only one to have read 'Kate say that I was "bragging" about
my life b/c I posted recently good things? Am I getting defensive
over something that I misperceived?

The part about 'Kate & Mo is my reacting to the thought of 'Kate and
Lorian discussing Mo, knowing how they felt about my friend. Sorry
for reacting.

OK. I did not read 'Kate saying you were bragging, necessarily. Rather

she
thought if she continued to post here, SHE would be bragging. Then again,

am relatively new to this newsgroup, as has been pointed out to me

before.I
don't know people here as well as many of the others. Maybe it's best I
stay out of it.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

That's exactly how I read it as well. That by continuously posting good
things SHE would seem to be bragging. "kate has never been anything but
adult in this group and I certainly didn't pick up on any of the vibes that
you mentioned. I know a lot goes on offlist between people, but that is
where it should stay....off list.

I didn't feel you were bragging Didi. I'm very happy about your life. This
is from someone who sees you on another list as well (the other list we are
both on).

Here's to us both having an easy move!!!

*bri

Old July 26th 03, 02:58 PM
Didi

Betsy wrote:

Gads how time flies. I don't intened to get embroiled in past fights, but

it appears that no matter what I say on this subject, I will be,
eventually, 'educated.' If it gets to be too much, I will go back to
lurking. I have found a lot of support here and that's why I stick around.
I figure I am mature enough to leave the bad stuff alone. Until it hits too
close to home. Nice to meet you. I am prepared for the aftermath of this
post, if there be any.

LOL -- no aftermath from me! I readily admit that Peter was no "angel", and
he and Lorian had some knock-down, drag-out wars. But, I knew Peter
offline, and I knew his heart. He was a good man, and he was a great
father. No one (besides Lorian) can argue that.

I am glad that the ng has you, and I am glad that you have found support
here. My intent is not to disrupt that -- just to clear the air about some
good people who are getting a bad rap.