Updates

Old September 28th 04, 02:03 PM
Tiffany

Default Updates

Well, well..... My daughter is now a half-sister. Her fathers girlfriend had
the baby over the weekend. She is excited about it..... I honestly could
care less. (Yes, I am like that. If you can't take care of one kid, you
don't have more.)

Anyways.... I think her Grandfather is going to see the baby as soon as
possible and might take her along. She will enjoy that. She has been playing
phone tag with the mother but it seems all went well with the delivery.

On another topic, my daughter has been bugging me to download AIM so she can
talk with friends online. I had allowed that about 2 years ago until I
walked in and read what was being typed. Cuss words like they were drunken
sailors. So that was the end of that. Here I am trying it again. I told her
it is on a trial bases and that I CAN and WILL evaluate what is being typed
anytime I want. She said ok. I told her if chats get racy, it would be in
her best interest to make no comments and cut out. So I see AIM doesn't
archive chats. I know there are tons of computer knowledge out in this group
so can someone direct me to a place I can download a program to save these
chats, if need arises that I should read??? I know Yahoo archives but I
don't see anything for aim. We do not have AOL btw.

So she puts all her many friends on her list. I signed on just a few moments
ago and one of her friends was online. I didn't speak to her..... wonder why
she isn't in school!?!?!?! She has some poetry that was a bit disturbing
(youth..... lol) and a link to her personal webpage. You had to click on the
word motherf---- to get to it. Yeah, lovely. That page being not so great
and all did give some incite. I wonder if her mother has read the site???
There are accusations in the quest book that she is giving head, a wrist
cutter and some other nice things. She uses cuss words like its nothing. She
talks of a make out session though the details of how far it went is vague.
Did I mention that I won't have my kid over there ever again???????? Why is
the mom allowing this 13 year old to go to boys houses to 'hang out'????? Am
I the only mom that wouldn't allow that????? Am I the odd ball here????

Sigh..... I wish I could go back in time. (I watched the Butterfly Effect
last night... .gets me to thinking, I COULD do it right.)

Tiff

Old September 28th 04, 04:48 PM
CME

"Tiffany" wrote in message
[...]

No way in hell I'd let my kids talk on an internet messenger that you
couldn't archive chats. Heck I even archive my own. This is such a hot
topic because at 13, she's a prime target for pedophiles so I advise against
it. I mean I'm 28 years old and I run into weirdos all the time, but at
least I have the maturity and intelligence to recognize them as such. Is it
possible to have her wait a couple more years? Good luck Tiff.

Christine

Old September 28th 04, 04:54 PM
Tiffany

"CME" wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message
[...]

I am hoping for a program that will allow me to archive. I think I heard
about it once. If I can't find something like that, trust me, this will be
reconsidered. It is amazing how many of these kids are online chatting.

One of the other rules though are that online chatting is like phone
chatting..... limited to 10 minutes on school days. We are hardly home on
weekends so that takes care of that. lol

Old September 28th 04, 05:04 PM
P.Fritz

"Tiffany" wrote in message
[...]

It will be a cold day in hell before mine is allowed to 'hang-out' at boys
houses. :-)
You are an odd ball.....but not about that heehee

Old September 28th 04, 05:13 PM
Tiffany

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message
[...]

So what am I an odd ball about? lol

Old September 28th 04, 06:51 PM
CME

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message
[...]

When that day comes, I won't have a problem with girls coming over but no
over-nighters and pfffft ya like you can do homework in your room, not
likely bucko.

Sigh..... I wish I could go back in time. (I watched the Butterfly Effect
last night... .gets me to thinking, I COULD do it right.)

Tiff

But would you really want to Tiff? There were some really bad hairstyles
back then, not to mention Mc Hammer pants, that right there says it all.

Christine

Old September 28th 04, 07:27 PM
Joelle

id I mention that I won't have my kid over there ever again???????? Why is
the mom allowing this 13 year old to go to boys houses to 'hang out'????? Am
I the only mom that wouldn't allow that????? Am I the odd ball here????

You aren't the only one. But's it's a tough battle.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old September 28th 04, 07:30 PM
Joelle

This is such a hot
topic because at 13, she's a prime target for pedophiles so I advise against
it. I

It's not just pedophiles. My son is 16 and he does message boards for video
games and IMS...and he got in some sort of disagreement - you know out of
proportion adults can be about online discussions! and kids were harrassing him
with IMs. This is a kid that has enought to deal with and the net was supposed
to be his escape from reality!

He was really upset and then we talked and he realized there's weridos all over
and I made sure he knew how to block Ims.

You have to keep an eye on all these things.

Old September 28th 04, 09:04 PM
Tiffany

"CME" wrote in message

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message
[...]

I didn't wear those ugly pants anyways. lol

Old September 28th 04, 09:25 PM

"Tiffany" wrote in message
snip
[...]

Net Nanny.