nonsense pictures available?

Old August 25th 05, 05:21 PM
Michael Corby

Default nonsense pictures available?

I don't know what the proper description of these pictures is, but they are
like those in the book "Wacky Wednesday" by Dr Seuss. I am looking for some
of those
drawings of a scene with absurd things in it, ie, a table with 3 legs and a
dog with tv antennae on his head. The child has to look at the
superficially normal picture and spot the absurdities.

Are there free resources on the 'net that I can access to print off some
examples of these? My little boy is being intensively educated at home and
with supplementary home therapy as he has autism. These pictures have been
great for him, but we have run out!
Thanks,
Mike.

Old August 25th 05, 07:48 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ws.net,
Michael Corby wrote:

I don't know what the proper description of these pictures is, but they are
like those in the book "Wacky Wednesday" by Dr Seuss. I am looking for some
of those
drawings of a scene with absurd things in it, ie, a table with 3 legs and a
dog with tv antennae on his head. The child has to look at the
superficially normal picture and spot the absurdities.

Are there free resources on the 'net that I can access to print off some
examples of these? My little boy is being intensively educated at home and
with supplementary home therapy as he has autism. These pictures have been
great for him, but we have run out!

I googled a bit and found these:

http://pbskids.org/berenstainbears/games/wrong/
http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/kidspage/picture.htm
http://www.familyeducation.com/print...-12897,00.html
http://www.navlagent.com/bj/page6.htm

Be aware if you're googling around for these things -- there is a prank
out there where you are supposed to "stare at" a picture and see if you
can figure out what is wrong with it, and then suddenly it makes a loud
noise and a scary face pops out at you.

I seem to recall that every Highlights Magazine cover also contains a
wacky picture like this -- your local library (or pediatric dentist's
office ;-)) is probably a good source of back-issues.

Good luck,
--Robyn
..

Old August 25th 05, 10:16 PM
Robyn Kozierok

I found one more at http://www.crayola.com/activitybook/print.cfm?id=218

There's only one picture there. They do seem hard to find in quantity,
though the Berenstain Bears site had several.

Another useful search term to throw in if you go hunting yourself is
"printable".

--Robyn
..

Old August 26th 05, 12:29 AM
Kevin Karplus

On 2005-08-25, Robyn Kozierok wrote:

I found one more at http://www.crayola.com/activitybook/print.cfm?id=218

There's only one picture there. They do seem hard to find in quantity,
though the Berenstain Bears site had several.

Another useful search term to throw in if you go hunting yourself is
"printable".

The book "Bamboozled" by David Legge sounds like an ideal source for
pictures where there are things "wrong". That is the whole point of
the book.

Kevin Karplus http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
(Senior member, IEEE) (Board of Directors, ISCB)
Affiliations for identification only.

Old August 26th 05, 02:04 AM
Michael Corby

"Robyn Kozierok" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Michael Corby wrote:

snip

I googled a bit and found these:

http://pbskids.org/berenstainbears/games/wrong/
http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/kidspage/picture.htm
http://www.familyeducation.com/print...-12897,00.html
http://www.navlagent.com/bj/page6.htm

Robyn,
Don't know how you did it, but thanks so much. That is **exactly** what I
was looking for :-) My little boy will be full of joy - as am I :-)
Cheers,
Mike.

Old August 26th 05, 02:04 AM
Michael Corby

"Kevin Karplus" wrote in message
The book "Bamboozled" by David Legge sounds like an ideal source for

pictures where there are things "wrong". That is the whole point of
the book.

Thanks, Kevin,
I have now requested this from our public library :-)

My birth pictures Jamie Clark Pregnancy 15 June 7th 05 04:27 AM
Jenrose pictures carl jones Pregnancy 0 April 1st 05 02:37 AM
Pregnant? Chiropractic nonsense Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 January 2nd 05 04:14 AM
School Pictures Seth Jackson Twins & Triplets 21 May 11th 04 02:41 AM
Triplet pictures The Huwe Family Twins & Triplets 6 January 15th 04 11:59 PM