Zoloft and nursing

Old March 2nd 06, 10:43 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Zoloft and nursing

Sue wrote:
"Amy" wrote in message
Oh, that Tom Cruise just makes my blood boil - and NOT in the good way!
I am on a lifetime boycott of him - I will never see another of his
movies ever, ever, EVER again, the *******.

Out of curiosity, what did Tom Cruise do or not do that has made you so
upset?

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/2440860

....for his words.

Basically, I get all lathered up when people like Cruise use their
celebrity to spout opinions about things that they know nothing about -
as if being an actor makes him an authority on anything other than
acting! He's not a doctor, he's not a shrink... he's a cult member!
But some poor woman out there is going to have heard what he said, and
think, "Well, maybe I should just take vitamins instead of getting the
help I really need..." and then she's going to be worse off than if Tom
Cruise had just kept his big, stupid mouth shut to begin with.

I'm all for people having opinions, and Tom Cruise is welcome to all
the opinions in the world, but he also needs to understand the
influence he has on people, and not run off at the mouth about things
that he doesn't - that he couldn't POSSIBLY - understand.

There is enough of a stigma about PPD - you all were witnesses to my
own denial of it in this very forum - we don't need him adding to the
stigma by minimalizing it, and saying that it's something that can be
helped by taking a little extra vitamin, for God's sake.

Besides, I find the whole relationship he has going with Katie to be
very, very creepy - and the idea that he is going to personally
breastfeed their child with his own breasts - not that he expects her
to, but that he is going to do it. Eewww... And then there's the
whole "silent birth" business, and the fact that he's old enough to be
her father.... He's just yucky, and I can't separate my opinion of his
personal yuckiness from any character that he might play, so I won't be
able to enjoy his movies, anyway.

Amy

Old March 3rd 06, 01:22 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

In article . com,
"Amy" wrote:

Besides, I find the whole relationship he has going with Katie to be
very, very creepy - and the idea that he is going to personally
breastfeed their child with his own breasts - not that he expects her
to, but that he is going to do it. Eewww...

Wha'?!? I've been avoiding reading about him (I'm another one of those
terrible mothers who takes antidepressants for PPD, but I've never liked
the little weasel), but this is an excellent rumor. Where on earth did
you hear it?
--
Sara
accompanied by TK, due in April

Quoting, for users of Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/support/bin...4213&topic=250
Old March 3rd 06, 12:59 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Amy wrote:
Sue wrote:
"Amy" wrote in message
Oh, that Tom Cruise just makes my blood boil - and NOT in the good way!
I am on a lifetime boycott of him - I will never see another of his
movies ever, ever, EVER again, the *******.

Out of curiosity, what did Tom Cruise do or not do that has made you so
upset?

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/2440860

...for his words.

snip stuff I agree with

Besides, I find the whole relationship he has going with Katie to be
very, very creepy - and the idea that he is going to personally
breastfeed their child with his own breasts - not that he expects her
to, but that he is going to do it.

Is that actually possible? Is it possible for a man to take presumably
hormone pills and produce milk?

Eewww... And then there's the
whole "silent birth" business, and the fact that he's old enough to be
her father.... He's just yucky, and I can't separate my opinion of his
personal yuckiness from any character that he might play, so I won't be
able to enjoy his movies, anyway.

Totally with you Amy. I only heard about the silent birth business and
the vitamins nonsense but that was enough. Grrr....To me he's heading
into Wacko Jacko territory and if I was Katie's family I'd be tempted
to kidnap her back and talk some sense into her. I feel sorry for their
kid. I can't believe Jackson still has custody of his after the window
incident. As for Britney, don't get me started. What is it about celebs
that they can do what the hell they like their kids in public and yet
mums like April are going through such a bad time. Sometimes I wish
there was anouther world I could emigrate to! In Jen's world Katie
would still be Joey and she would have hundreds of happy babies with
Pacey. Sorry, too much Dawson's Creek. Ahem.

Jeni

Old March 3rd 06, 02:04 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Amy" wrote in message
Basically, I get all lathered up when people like Cruise use their
celebrity to spout opinions about things that they know nothing about -
as if being an actor makes him an authority on anything other than
acting!

Thank you. I had no idea what he has been up to. I don't keep up with what
the stars say or do.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Prozac ?s Leslie Breastfeeding 12 December 2nd 03 02:41 AM
Antidepressants & nursing - Hales Lookup please jjmoreta Breastfeeding 16 November 6th 03 05:26 PM
My Zoloft saga zeldabee Breastfeeding 3 October 19th 03 02:55 PM
pregnant..nursing a 14 mo...miserable...tired BABYGINAVIE Breastfeeding 10 September 2nd 03 08:51 PM
Question for those taking Zoloft... Karen Breastfeeding 6 August 15th 03 12:54 AM