OT women's question

Old October 3rd 08, 10:41 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_5_]

Default OT women's question

not pregnancy just women's stuff, but I really need to ask about this
and my brain just isn't functioning well for me to work if out from scratch.

I've always suffered from something premenstural, maybe not right from
the very first period, but within a few months, I don't recall any
physical symptoms from my teenage years, just really intense emotions,
including self loathing, even considering suicide for a couple of days
before my period. I was on the combined contraceptive pill for a while
in my mid to late teens for acne and I think it did some wierd things to
my mood but it took a while for me to associate them and then have the
confidence to stop.

Thankfully in my late teens and early 20s I had long cycles, these
feelings, though hard, also served as my warning that my period was now
due.

I got pregnant almost exactly 6 years ago, I then managed to be pregnant
or breastfeeding until a bit under 2 years, at which time I was using a
Mirena (IUD with progesterone) for family planning and I never had a
cycle whilst on it, but wondering if it was causing some side effects I
had it removed in January 2007.

Since then the time of altered mood seems to be getting longer, mainly I
am very irritable for 4 or 5 days, but I'm also having physical symptoms
too and they last even longer, almost as soon as ovulation has occured
my breasts get sore and shortly afterwards I'll get quite bloated, I
also seem more inclined towards generalised pain in the week before I'm due.

For some reason I've been really bad at discussing this with my doctor,
I did discuss it with my obgyn about 9 months ago, he ordered an
ultrasound because I was also having really painful periods, which was
fine and between having it done and getting the results I'd had another
which had been much less painful, so when we talked about the results,
which were nothing noted, I wasn't at a point where I wanted to take
something.

It seems like combined pills might have changed a lot in the ten or so
years since I last took it, back then they were saying you could run
packs together but only once and not too often, now it seems the
conclusion is that it doesn't matter and there are some brands which you
take several months on the trot, I think my mood issues when taking them
were in part related to the week off, so might not happen if I was
taking them continuously, but I don't know how that affects physical
stuff as if it tips me into an equivalent state of the wrong half of the
month then it could just be bad all the time!

To be honest I think I'd rather try natural stuff, not hormones, I'm not
convinced it's a great idea to put artificial hormones into myself on a
long term basis when I've already shown I have sensitivity to hormones -
but I haven't a clue where to start looking on natural type stuff and I
have a horrible tendancy of each month thinking I should do it but then
whilst I'm in the bad bit feeling too bad to do it and while I'm in the
good bit being far too optimistic to do it!

Cross your fingers that my period arrives soon, it could easily be
today, or Monday or Tuesday I think, but I do seem to be fairly random
at the moment! Sooner would be better!

Cheers
Anne
Old October 5th 08, 08:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I've not had problems with the pill when I used it (for about a year) but I
decided after #1 was born that I didn't want to put hormones into myself. I
always had a irregular cycle before children, so it was great for me to be
able to predict when it would come, but it still didn't appeal.
Since then I've also had a couple of migraines with aura which mean I'm not
advised to use them anyway.
Someone I know had one of the brands that you were meant to be able to run
them together and she had no problems with running 2 months together, but
when she ran 4 packets together she started having random breakthrugh
bleeding. She stopped the pill fairly shortly after that and I think it took
pretty much a year for her cycles to get back to their normal regularity.
I seem to be having problems since my cycle returned after #3 in having 24
hours of flu-like symptoms round ovulation time, followed by about the same
length of ovulation pain.
I don't know where you get good advice on natural remedies. Probably finding
something that works for others is best to try, but it's not really
regulated, so you might find a really good site/shop with advice or it could
be rubbish, as I've certainly found on so-called medical sites apparenly run
by qualified doctors.
Debbie

Old October 6th 08, 04:12 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_5_]

Since then I've also had a couple of migraines with aura which mean I'm not
advised to use them anyway.

I wasn't aware of that link, which makes it a no go for me, I'm actually
in my longest phase without having had a migraine with aura and we're at
about 8 weeks! Thankfully they are mostly on the very mild side and
short, but they have been frequent. Though I also had one 10 weeks ago
that was so bad my doctor had me get a CT scan as it was so intense
compared to previous experience she needed to know if something else was
causing it, I felt rough after that for a while, but have had nothing
since. I've now got some of the tablets you take as soon as you feel one
coming on - my neurologist is superstitious and reckons a significant
number of people don't get them once they have the drug in the house!

[...]

You're right, but I've no idea what even is supposed to be a good think
to try, I did pick some kind of blend up from the drugstore yesterday
and I think it is helping the bloating. I have a recollection that
evening primrose oil is good for something to do with hormones, but I
think it might be called something else here, or out of fashion or
something, in the UK in any pharmacy however small the section of
alternative remedies was you'd easily find the yellow pot of EPO, but I
saw nothing that I could determine was equivalent.

Cheers
Anne
Old October 9th 08, 11:19 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

[...]

I don't know if you can access this BBc article, but it's suggesting St.
John's Wort for depression.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/he...00/7659466.stm

It doesn't sound exatly what you need, but it could be worth trying.
Debbie

women's handbag [email protected] Pregnancy 0 November 19th 07 05:14 AM
Women's secret! syeh Pregnancy 0 November 19th 06 04:18 AM
One women's comments ... 0:-> Spanking 0 November 18th 06 11:59 PM
Happy International Women's Day! Melania Pregnancy 1 March 8th 05 11:14 PM
Women's Rights Human Rights Solutions 0 October 26th 04 02:31 AM