Find anyone/anywhere People search website

Old July 19th 06, 02:43 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
cathy

Default Find anyone/anywhere People search website

Thank you Mark for ranking me up there with internet drug dealers. And I am
finished now with this thread. Once someone places an order before any
searching is done on the person they wish to locate I do have an
"interview" with them and I do ask them to consent to a background check
on themselves before I proceed. And believe it or not YES I have turned
away many people away even though they have no criminal past, but I have
been doing this for such a long time, certain phrases are used by people
who in my opinion are not stable such as "I am desperately in love with
her/him" or "she/he broke my heart and haven't heard back anything in
response to my emails anymore", and ect, ect ect. I tell these folks I'm
sorry but I cannot help you and tell them they will have to obtain the
information they wish from another source. Okay I am finished defending
myself. I am not a bad person, and I do not cater to stalkers or people
who wish inflict harm on others. I am an honest person who provides a
valuable service though those who are greatly appreciate they have found
their lost parent/sibling or employers that they have not put their
business in jeopardy by hiring a "high risk" employee. I AM NOT to be
ranked with DRUG DEALERS. This has all gone to far, and I do apologize if
I gave anyone the wrong impression. But I do feel I am being unfairly
judged.

Thank you
Catherine
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
cathy wrote:
Actually no Mark. Our site assists in background searches for employers
to be aware of whom they hire to protect themselves, and a large part of
our business aids people in finding their family and friends that they
have not been intouch with for many years. We do not just give out
information to just anyone. And especially dont just had out info for
someone to be nosey, or stalk someone.

That is NOT what your initial posting said. It appears to be an open
invite for anyone to secure information about anyone.

I looked at your website and was hoping to see an admonition that the
party requesting a search must consent to a search of court records to
rule out the possibility that there is an outstanding court order of
protection against them, as many women obtain to protect themselves from
abusive spouses, etc. I did not see such admonition.

In my business, I get several calls per week from people asking for us to
conduct a background check or surveillance of a girlfriend or spouse.
During the course of the telephone screening I always advise them that
they will have to provide satisfactory proof of their identity (more than
just a credit card) and sign a consent form allowing us to check with the
courts, and perform a basic search to ensure that we are not putting
someone in jeopardy. Need I point out that the vast majority of the
callers tell me that they will call back, and never do.

Frankly, I rank online people search services right next to online
pharmacies.

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
cathy wrote:
We offer Background searches, locate current addresses, and phone
numbers, trace ss#'s. If you need to know something about someone we
can find it. Very affordable and confidential

Promotes stalking

Old July 19th 06, 04:21 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:43:05 GMT, "cathy"
wrote:

[...]

Wow, you're overly defensive!!
Mark did no such thing. Internet pharmacies are legit, but can be
misused. Just like your service! Frankly, I find your knee-jerk
jumping to erroneous conclusions troubling. Most good business owners
would simply thank people for their thoughts and perhaps look at ways
to improve their site/business, in an effort to alleviate those
fears/issues.

Nan
Old July 19th 06, 04:44 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
cathy

Sort of hard to say thank you when one compares you to Internet Drug dealers
and yes that is what they are and I'm sorry but originally he claimed that I
"Cater" to or the reason for my site is to help stalkers find those they
would like to stalk. I am finished here, I was merely trying to offer a
service to anyone who needed it, not to be barraged by several emails saying
that sites like my own are no good and just helps stalkers acquire there
intended victims information. Also I do say thank you for your comments in
the beginning and then the "Internet Pharmacies issue" came into it. Gee,
you can look into any business and say that there are going to be certain
individuals who take advantage of it, but to say that I CATER to Stalkers is
not constructive criticism, its bashing.

Thank you once again for all your comments and I will take heed to my
customers requests and continue trying to weed out the weirdoes who try to
use my service for negative reasons just as I always have.

Old July 19th 06, 05:33 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

cathy wrote:
Sort of hard to say thank you when one compares you to Internet Drug
dealers and yes that is what they are and I'm sorry but originally he
claimed that I "Cater" to or the reason for my site is to help
stalkers find those they would like to stalk. I am finished here,

Good. You should have been finished before you even started. You spammed
this group, so don't be surprised when you get hassled for it. Buh bye.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old July 19th 06, 05:41 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
Banty

In article , Jamie Clark says...

cathy wrote:
Sort of hard to say thank you when one compares you to Internet Drug
dealers and yes that is what they are and I'm sorry but originally he
claimed that I "Cater" to or the reason for my site is to help
stalkers find those they would like to stalk. I am finished here,

Good. You should have been finished before you even started. You spammed
this group, so don't be surprised when you get hassled for it. Buh bye.

Actually, she didn't spam. Too few posts for that.

She *did* post commercial, off-topic messages, to newsgroups which prohibit
commercial messages in their charters.

Which isn't great either, of course.

Banty

Old July 19th 06, 06:39 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:44:35 GMT, "cathy"
wrote:

Sort of hard to say thank you when one compares you to Internet Drug dealers
and yes that is what they are and I'm sorry but originally he claimed that I
"Cater" to or the reason for my site is to help stalkers find those they
would like to stalk.

You should try reading for comprehension. He said it promotes
stalking. He didn't accuse you of anything untoward.

I am finished here, I was merely trying to offer a
service to anyone who needed it, not to be barraged by several emails saying
that sites like my own are no good and just helps stalkers acquire there
intended victims information. Also I do say thank you for your comments in
the beginning and then the "Internet Pharmacies issue" came into it. Gee,
you can look into any business and say that there are going to be certain
individuals who take advantage of it, but to say that I CATER to Stalkers is
not constructive criticism, its bashing.

Please see above comment.

Thank you once again for all your comments and I will take heed to my
customers requests and continue trying to weed out the weirdoes who try to
use my service for negative reasons just as I always have.

In all seriousness, I don't think you understand how your service can
harm people! I used to work at a battered women's shelter. The women
being stalked was not an uncommon problem. That services like yours
enable these batterers to find their victims more easily makes my skin
crawl. I hope you understand.

Nan
Old July 19th 06, 07:09 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
Mark Probert

wrote:

Sort of hard to say thank you when one compares you to Internet Drug dealers
and yes that is what they are and I'm sorry but originally he claimed that I
"Cater" to or the reason for my site is to help stalkers find those they
would like to stalk.

You should try reading for comprehension. He said it promotes
stalking. He didn't accuse you of anything untoward.

Precisely.

[...]

Anyone hunting a woman in the circumstances you describe knows how to
get around most barriers. Fortunately, we have never had a problem, most
likely because it is a small part of my business, and we prefer to
refuse the business. I report the contact to the police when I find that
there is an outstanding order of protection. I'll serve those for free.
Old July 19th 06, 07:24 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
cathy

I want to apologize sincerely to Mark, it was not you that said that I
"catered to stalkers" that was a statement made by RICH...

"user" wrote in message

I take it back. You don't just SOUND like an idiot, you ARE
an idiot, if you think you're actually making anyone believe
that you're not primarily catering to stalkers.

- Rich

That being pasted above, I knew I wasn't just jumping to conclusions. I did
get offended by the remark because I don't cater to stalkers and do not wish
harm against anyone for any reason. I am not ignorant to the fact that
people such as stalkers would try to abuse the service and use it for things
other than what it was intended for, however I believe does tons more good
than bad. As I stated before I am very careful and do interviews with people
and check them out before ever divulging any information. Unfortunately
there are always going to be people who abuse things, I can only do my best
to make sure I am no assistance. Again I would like to apologize to Mark
publicly, Mark said "promotes
stalking." it was infact RICH who made the statement as I have pasted above.

Deepest apologies Mark

Old July 20th 06, 04:08 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
user

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:24:43 GMT, cathy wrote:
I want to apologize sincerely to Mark, it was not you that said that I
"catered to stalkers" that was a statement made by RICH...

Didn't you claim that you were leaving, oh, about 15 messages or so ago?

- Rich
Old July 21st 06, 03:14 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
cathy

Default Nan and others Find anyone/anywhere People search website