She called off the epidural...

Old January 7th 06, 05:43 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default She called off the epidural...

SHE CALLED OFF THE EPIDURAL...

Bryna wrote:

"...The hospital environment ma[d]e me feel more tense
immediately and I was not happy about having to lie down. *The
contractions started to feel unmanageable. *I told the nurse that I
wanted an epidural. *DH tried to intervene, reminding me that I wanted
a low-intervention labor, but I was feeling quite panicky. *I asked to
be taken off the monitor and got out of bed. *I immediately felt more
in control and called off the epidural..."
http://groups.google.com/group/
misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/827e2fee68064378

TODD REMARKS: From a biomechanical perspective, lying down is OK until the
baby gets to the pelvic outlet. One does not need to allow the pelvic
outlet to open until the actual delivery...

Bryna wound up on her back for the actual delivery...

She wrote:

"...AND YES, I THOUGHT OF TODD"...

"...Pretty soon the contractions got really painful and I
started feeling like I couldn't handle them. *I felt like I had to
use the bathroom, and sitting on the toilet helped the pain a bit. *I
started bearing down with the contractions because that also helped the
pain. *I got back on the bed and the midwife said I was completely
dilated. *I was really dreading the contractions by now, and saying
things like, 'I just can't do this!' *I pushed for a few minutes
(although it actually felt much longer at the time) on my hands and
knees, until the midwife asked me to roll over on my side. *She was
worried that the baby would come out too quickly otherwise, and that I
would tear. *It was so hard to move at that point! *In the end, I wound
up on my back (and yes, I thought of Todd) and with a few more pushes,
which seemed to take every ounce of strength I had, the baby's head
came out..."
http://groups.google.com/group/
misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/827e2fee68064378

TODD REMARKS for the benefit of new readers who may not know why Bryna
mentioned me...

Bryna's reference to me is a reference to my persistent protests regarding
the fact that placing women on their backs closes their birth canals up to
30%.

My usual prefatory note...

I too was born with my mom on her back - i.e. - I too was born through a
birth canal closed up to 30%.

MOST of us were born with our moms on their backs - birth canals senselessly
closed up to 30%.

Most of us did fine.

But an estimated 4.6% of "healthy" babies are born with unexplained brain
bleeds.

QUESTION: How much FINER could many of us have been?

We can't know.

One thing we CAN know though...

It is simply criminal for birth attendants to turn women onto their backs at
delivery thereby closing pelvic outlets up to 30% even as babies are
coursing pelvic outlets...

WORSE: Birth attendants routinely KEEP birth canals closed the "extra" up to
30% when babies get stuck...

The latter didn't happen at Bryna's birth - but keeping the birth canal
closed the "extra" up to 30% when babies get stuck DOES happen - in an
estimated 1 in 10 births...

See ACOG's 2005 edition: How NOT to birth
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3606

See also: RNs: 'Stitches, episiotomy, and postpartum complications'
(Maternal care learning needs)

Sometimes obstetricians pull so hard with forceps that spinal nerves are
ripped out of tiny spinal cords.

Some babies die...

Some "only" get paralyzed...

Most babies (subjected to birth with the birth canal senselessly closed the
"extra" up to 30% - which is most babies) "only" have their spines
gruesomely wrenched.

ALL spinal manipulation (pushing violently/chemically with oxytocin or
pulling with hands, forceps) is gruesome with the birth canal closed the
"extra" up to 30%.

OBSTETRICS AMOUNTS TO "UNCONTROLLED EXPERIMENTATION"

In 1989, prominent British obstetrician Richard J. Lilford noted that
obstetrics "amounts to uncontrolled experimentation."
*[Lilford RJ. State of the obstetric art. The Lancet (Nov18)1989:1205-1207.
*Reviewing Chalmers I, Enkin M and Keirse MJNC (eds.). Effective Care in
Pregnancy and Childbirth Oxford: Oxford University Press 1989 Pp 1516 (2
vols) ISBN 0-192615580]

UNNECESSARY EPISIOTOMIES/UNNECESSARY C-SECTIONS...

JUST THINK...

Obstetricians are slicing vaginas and abdomens en masse
(episiotomy/c-section) - surgically/fraudulently inferring they are
doing/have done everything possible to open birth canals - even as they
close birth canals the "extra" up to 30%.

To be sure, compelling obstetricians to allow birth canals to open the
"extra" up to 30% will not prevent all episiotomies, c-sections and forceps
deliveries - it's just that MD-obstetricians have no business closing birth
canals the "extra" up to 30% with dorsal lithotomy and semisitting delivery.

In 1992, I published the simple, grisly birth-canal-closing biomechanics of
semisitting delivery. [Gastaldo TD. Letter. Birth. 1992;19(4):230-1].

Also in 1992, I informed American obstetricians (ACOG) that they were
senselessly closing birth canals the "extra" up to 30%.*

An ACOG committeemet and considered my concerns - and wrote back saying they
knew they were closing birth canals the "extra" up to 30% - because when
shoulders get stuck (shoulder dystocia) they offer the "extra" up to 30%...

It turns out that American obstetricians are actually keeping birth canals
closed the "extra" up to 30% when shoulders get stuck.

See OB Lie #4 in Dents in babies' skulls...

It is now 2005 and ACOG is STILL closing birth canals the "extra" up to 30%.

See again: ACOG's 2005 edition: How NOT to birth
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3606

See also: RNs: 'Stitches, episiotomy, and postpartum complications'
(Maternal care learning needs)

ANOTHER SENSELESS/ILLEGAL THING OBSTETRICIANS DO...

This did not happen in Bryna's birth but...

According to retired obstetrician
George Malcolm Morley, MB ChB FACOG, every cesarean baby and most "cord
blood banked" babies are immediately clamped - asphyxiated, denied umbilical
oxygen, forced to breathe with their lungs before they are ready.

THE KICKER: In the process of immediately clamping their cords, these babies
are robbed of up to 50% of their blood volume.

Instead of reporting the obvious mass baby asphyxiation/baby blood robbery
child abuse to authorities, Dr. Morley recommended that his fellow
obstetricians perform a TEMPORARY baby asphyxiation experiment to help
demonstrate to themselves that they should not rob babies of massive amounts
of blood.

^^^Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but Dr. Morley's temporary baby
asphyxiation experiment was taken off the web after I publicly reported it
as child abuse to Oregon Atty Genl Hardy Myers...

For those who missed it, here is Dr. Morley's temporary baby asphyxiation
experiment again (note the word "asphyxia"):

"[T]he umbilical cord [is] immediately closed between finger and thumb...The
[fetal heart rate/FHR] will decelerate quickly to about 60 bpm...the color
will change from purple-pink (normal at birth) to pallid blue
(vaso-constriction and asphyxia.)...Few midwives or obstetricians will be
able to observe, without interference, a deep, prolonged FHR deceleration on
a non-breathing newborn for a period of 60 seconds.* Common sense will soon
release the finger and thumb."
http://www.cordclamping.com/acog-cp.htm --LINK DOESN'T WORK (see above^^^)

For further details about umbilical cord clamping...

See Dr. Morley's TEMPORARY baby asphyxiation experiment in: Water birth and
breathing without lungs...

My congratulations to Bryna and a hearty welcome to the world to her little
one. Again, most of us were born through birth canals closed the "extra" up
to 30% - and most of us did fine - and it sounds like Bryna's little one did
fine too.

To those who may criticize me for responding as I have here to seeing my
name mentioned in Bryna's birth story...

Bryna apparently knew - and likely discussed the matter with at least one of
her birth attendants - and she still ended up on her back for the actual
delivery!

Birth attendants who let this happen are setting the stage for letting worse
things happen...

Please remember - in an estimated 1 in 10 births obstetricians are KEEPING
birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30% when babies get stuck - that is -
it is routine for obstetricians to keep women on their backs (or
semisitting) when babies get stuck and forceps or vacuums are used.

Like a broken record, I am, I know...

But these are helpless little ones.

Yes most do fine - but what monumental arrogance for birth attendants to
blithely close birth canals the "extra" up to 30%...

And KEEPING birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30% when babies get stuck
during vaginal births (which did not happen in Bryna's case) - this broken
record is wondering why there aren't more broken records protesting...

Is there ANYONE (besides Larry McMahan) who thinks obstetricians knowingly
KEEPING birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30% when babies get stuck is
not criminal? (Larry says it's just standard "substandard care" - even
though it's obvious that obstetric experts are lying to cover-up.)

Steve B. Harris, MD knows that MDs get away with crime (and their lies)
simply because law enforcement is looking the other way - which is why Steve
so arrogantly boasted (regarding another obvious MD crime):

"Without enforcement, there is no
law. Without law, there is no crime. *These are elementary principles. Get
an adult to explain them to you."
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....866f3384801ae9

Attention law enforcement (Oregon Atty Gen'l Hardy Myers via
)...

MD experts are LYING - and the lies are WHOPPERS...

See again OB Lie #4 in Dents in babies' skulls...

Women shouldn't have to ASK for the "extra" up to 30%...

Most women don't KNOW to ask.

Law enforcement should step in finally.

As usual, I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. As medical students,
MDs are TRAINED to perform obvious felonies.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo