OT flying again

Old March 18th 04, 09:46 AM
Anne Rogers

Default OT flying again

I rang the airline to day to check a few details, basically that we can
gate check the carseat and pushchair (we are still using the car seat as
the pushchair on a 3 wheel frame). At first the assistant was unhelpful,
you'll have to check the pushchair, you can take the car seat to the
plane, but only if there is a spare seat and you'll have to pay for it! I
asked how I was supposed to get the infant to the plane without a
pushchair and pointed out that other airlines will take it from you at the
gate and put it in the hold. She put me on hold to find out about that and
came back to be to say yes we could take the pushchair to the gate. So
that is one thing solved.

However it does look likely there will be spare seats (they are still
available to book), I'm wondering if there is anyway to get the carseat
onto the plane without paying for the seat, it seems silly to me that if
there is a spare seat you can't use it without paying, after all, if there
happens to be a spare seat next to us ds would sit in it part of the
flight anyway without the car seat, makes more sense for him to be safe an
in the carseat. Any ideas?

-----------
Anne Rogers

Old March 18th 04, 03:20 PM
Nikki

Anne Rogers wrote:

I'm wondering if there is anyway to get the
carseat onto the plane without paying for the seat, it seems silly to
me that if there is a spare seat you can't use it without paying,

That is a bummer :-( I was able to put the car seat in the spare seat
without paying. On the flights that were full they stored it somewhere for
me. I also sent it with the luggage a couple of times. You just have to
tape the straps down. I didn't have stroller so checking the convertible
seat as luggage was definitely the easiest route for me.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old March 18th 04, 07:30 PM
toypup

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
am.ac.uk...
However it does look likely there will be spare seats (they are still
available to book), I'm wondering if there is anyway to get the carseat
onto the plane without paying for the seat, it seems silly to me that if
there is a spare seat you can't use it without paying, after all, if there
happens to be a spare seat next to us ds would sit in it part of the
flight anyway without the car seat, makes more sense for him to be safe an
in the carseat. Any ideas?

Are you sure you will have to pay for spare seats? Which airline is this (I
won't want to fly it)? Maybe you could ask again at the gate. We've flown
lots with DS and they've always let us have the spare seat. In fact,
they've rearranged seating when there were spare seats just so we can have
it without paying.

Poorest of the Poor and Flying Doctors of America Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 May 2nd 04 01:15 AM
Flying with toddler Libby General 14 January 14th 04 05:41 PM
Flying with toddler Jenn General 0 January 12th 04 08:46 PM
Flying with toddler? Carole MacDonald General 46 September 11th 03 03:07 PM
Flying in a small plane... Captain Wubba Pregnancy 0 July 27th 03 09:33 PM