Update on 2 broken arms, and cool side-benefit!

Old October 2nd 03, 04:12 PM
Robyn Kozierok

Default Update on 2 broken arms, and cool side-benefit!

Matthew got his casts off Tuesday afternoon. (yay!) He's as good as new.

Wednesday I was volunteering in the boys' school. I got to work with Matthew
on his reading, and after he read to me he had to add something to his
reading journal. I noticed that he picked up the pencil the correct way
and began writing with the proper grip. When I commented on it, he said
that he hadn't been able to hold it his usual contorted way (fist minus
pinkie) with his casts on. So, 4 weeks in a cast has fixed his pencil grip!
cool! (He tried to show me his old grip and couldn't even remember how he
used to do it!)

--Robyn
~

Old October 2nd 03, 09:30 PM
Karen G

When my (then) two year old broke her arm last year, I asked the doctor
in the ER if we would have to do physical therapy. She laughed and
said, no toddlers seem to move around enough on their own.

Karen G

Old October 2nd 03, 10:04 PM
Jayne Kulikauskas

"Robyn Kozierok" wrote in message

Matthew got his casts off Tuesday afternoon. (yay!) He's as good as new.

Great!

Wednesday I was volunteering in the boys' school. I got to work with

Matthew
on his reading, and after he read to me he had to add something to his
reading journal. I noticed that he picked up the pencil the correct way
and began writing with the proper grip. When I commented on it, he said
that he hadn't been able to hold it his usual contorted way (fist minus
pinkie) with his casts on. So, 4 weeks in a cast has fixed his pencil

grip!
cool! (He tried to show me his old grip and couldn't even remember how he
used to do it!)

Now I know what to threaten my children with if they don't hold their
pencils properly. g

Jayne

Old October 2nd 03, 10:59 PM
just me

"Robyn Kozierok" wrote in message

Matthew got his casts off Tuesday afternoon. (yay!) He's as good as new.

Wednesday I was volunteering in the boys' school. I got to work with

Matthew
on his reading, and after he read to me he had to add something to his
reading journal. I noticed that he picked up the pencil the correct way
and began writing with the proper grip. When I commented on it, he said
that he hadn't been able to hold it his usual contorted way (fist minus
pinkie) with his casts on. So, 4 weeks in a cast has fixed his pencil

grip!
cool! (He tried to show me his old grip and couldn't even remember how he
used to do it!)

Now that sure is one way to cure poor grip! Don't carry it out to any poor
posture issues, though jk!

-Aula