Hallelujah ... Presidental Debate on Vaccinations In Progress ! Two articles

Old March 1st 08, 07:38 PM posted to misc.legal,misc.headlines,misc.headlines,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids
Ilena Rose

Default Hallelujah ... Presidental Debate on Vaccinations In Progress ! Two articles

This is a joyous day for the Snake-oil Vaccination Team ... with a
Presidential wannna-be being brave enough to make such a statement ...
the PR machine is cranking away like crazy!
www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/snake-oil.htm

On this point alone, I agree with McCain:

McCain said, per ABC News' Bret Hovell, that "It’s indisputable that
(autism) is on the rise amongst children, the question is what’s
causing it. And we go back and forth and there’s strong evidence that
indicates that it’s got to do with a preservative in vaccines."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...ccain-ent.html

John McCain Enters the Autism Wars

February 29, 2008 7:11 PM

At a town hall meeting Friday in Texas, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.,
declared that "there’s strong evidence" that thimerosal, a
mercury-based preservative that was once in many childhood vaccines,
is responsible for the increased diagnoses of autism in the U.S. -- a
position in stark contrast with the view of the medical establishment.

McCain was responding to a question from the mother of a boy with
autism, who asked about a recent story that the U.S. Court of Federal
Claims and the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program had issued
a judgment in favor of an unnamed child whose family claimed
regressive encephalopathy and symptoms of autism were caused by
thimerosal.

"We’ve been waiting for years for kind of a responsible answer to this
question, and are hoping that you can help us out there," the woman
said.

McCain said, per ABC News' Bret Hovell, that "It’s indisputable that
(autism) is on the rise amongst children, the question is what’s
causing it. And we go back and forth and there’s strong evidence that
indicates that it’s got to do with a preservative in vaccines."

McCain said there’s "divided scientific opinion" on the matter, with
"many on the other side that are credible scientists that are saying
that’s not the cause of it."

The established medical community is not as divided as McCain made it
sound, however. Overwhelmingly the "credible scientists," at least as
the government and the medical establishment so ordain them, side
against McCain's view.

Moreover, those scientists and organizations fear that powerful people
lending credence to the thimerosal theory could dissuade parents from
getting their children immunized -- which in their view would lead to
a very real health crisis.

The Centers for Disease Control says "There is no convincing
scientific evidence of harm caused by the low doses of thimerosal in
vaccines, except for minor reactions like redness and swelling at the
injection site."

The American Academy of Pediatrics says"No scientific data link
thimerosal used as a preservative in vaccines with any pediatric
neurologic disorder, including autism."

The Food and Drug Administration conducted a review in 1999 -- the
year thimerosal was ordered to be removed from most vaccines -- and
said that it "found no evidence of harm from the use of thimerosal as
a vaccine preservative, other than local hypersensitivity reactions."

The Institute of Medicine’s Immunization Safety Review Committee
concluded "that the body of epidemiological evidence favors rejection
of a causal relationship between thimerosal-containing vaccines and
autism."

And a study of California Department of Developmental Services data
published last month indicated that there was "an increase in autism
in California despite the removal of thimerosal from most vaccines."

Yet there is a vocal, determined, passionate group -- including some
medical researchers and organizations -- who vehemently dispute what
the established medical community says about this wrenching issue. One
of the questions they ask is why would the thimerosal have been
removed from the vaccines if there was no real harm?

(The answer according to the Public Health Service, the American
Academy of Pediatrics, and vaccine manufacturers was "because any
potential risk is of concern.")

In any case, here we have a major political figure, the presumptive
Republican nominee, who stated that he at the very least isn’t as sure
about thimerosal as the medical establishment is.

Moreover, he made it sound as if the thimerosal is still in vaccines
-- though as I understand it, thimerosal is all but gone in almost
every childhood vaccine now, and has been for years.

This could be quite controversial.

- jpt

Old March 1st 08, 08:18 PM posted to misc.legal,misc.headlines,misc.headlines,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids
Peter Moran[_3_]

"Ilena Rose" wrote in message
[...]

America would be wise not elect a man who can say this (actually he said "a
preservative") in February 2008. Ilena knows no better, but even most of
the antivax crowd are being forced by the build-up of contrary evidence to
find some other way in which vaccines might cause autism.

PM

Old March 1st 08, 10:19 PM posted to misc.legal,misc.headlines,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids
[email protected]

On Mar 1, 3:18*pm, "Peter Moran" wrote:
"Ilena Rose" wrote in message

[...]

PM- Hide quoted text -

There is most often a combnation of factors that lead to a disease
state. That is why the "gold standard" double blind placebo controlled
studies are sometimes flawed. Mercury is neurotoxic. This is a fact.
Why inject a known neurotoxic agent into children? It simply does not
make sense.

"Complexity is
the new science; every
problem in the world is a
system. The disciplines
are classified by
people, but nature never
recognizes them"

C.S. KIANG
Founding Dean of the College of Environmental Sciences, Beijing
University
Old March 1st 08, 10:31 PM posted to misc.legal,misc.headlines,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids
[email protected]

On Mar 1, 3:18*pm, "Peter Moran" wrote:

America would be wise not elect a man who can say this (actually he said "a
preservative") *in February 2008. * Ilena knows no better, but even most of
the antivax crowd are being forced by the build-up of contrary evidence to
find some other way in which vaccines might cause autism.

PM- Hide quoted text -

Petey the Moron pontificated the above statement that McCain suggested
that a preservative in vaccines might be responsible for autism.
Thimerosal is that preservative. Aluminum is the adjuvent. Together
they produce a snyergism that is at least 100 times as toxic as either
is alone ( based upon sound scientific studies.) In addition, it is
not just one single dose that is critical, but mercury is known to
"accumulate" in the tissues to exert its effect over many, many
years. Add all this up, and the EPA is correct. Mercury is a
terribly accumulative neuro toxin. The AMA, FDA, CDC, and the AAP
really have their pants down and their heads in the sand on this
issue. We need to put it to them, meaning trials and prison terms.

Consider this Journal report Moron:

Journal of child neurology by M. DeSoto, et al.

In a new article published in the November 2007 issue of the Journal
Of Child Neurology M. Catherine DeSoto Ph D and Robert T. Hitlan Ph D,
both of the Department of Psychology at the University of Northern
Iowa, have gone back and reanalyzed previous data from an important
previous study and concluded that contrary to the original study the
data it reported did in fact support a connection between mercury and
autism.

In Blood Levels of Mercury Are Related to Diagnosis of Autism: A
Reanalysis of an Important Data Set DeSoto and Hitlan conclude that a
significant relation does exist between the blood levels of mercury
and diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder:

The average person is well aware of the neurotoxicity of mercury and
how it accumulates over time.
Why is it that only the MDs and the pharma shills are unaware of this
data and the effects of mercury? Even the EPA, made up of scientists,
not MDs, agree.

DrCee
You cannot secure nor restore health with pus or poisons.
Old March 1st 08, 11:13 PM posted to misc.legal,misc.headlines,misc.headlines,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids
D. C. Sessions

In message , Peter Moran wrote:
"Ilena Rose" wrote in message

At a town hall meeting Friday in Texas, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.,
declared that "there's strong evidence" that thimerosal, a
mercury-based preservative that was once in many childhood vaccines,
is responsible for the increased diagnoses of autism in the U.S. -- a
position in stark contrast with the view of the medical establishment.

America would be wise not elect a man who can say this (actually he said "a
preservative") in February 2008. Ilena knows no better, but even most of
the antivax crowd are being forced by the build-up of contrary evidence to
find some other way in which vaccines might cause autism.

Since John McCain's only guiding principle is "I should be
in office," it's not surprising that he would say *anything*.
Just a matter of running a quick survey to find out what his
audience of the moment wants to hear.

I'll give Hillary this: she wants power, but she at least
she has some idea of what she wants to do with it besides
admire herself in the mirror. Other than that, she and
McCain are a lot alike: both make residency decisions based
on where there's a Senate seat available.

--
| The most important exclamation in science isn't "Eureka!" |
| The most important exclamation is "What the BLEEP?" |
Old March 1st 08, 11:30 PM posted to misc.legal,misc.headlines,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids
[email protected]

On Mar 1, 2:38 pm, Ilena Rose wrote:
[...]

This is a bit disturbing. I, too, understood that thimerosal is
gone...at least that is what my doc tells me. If there is any hope
for more funding, we need a president who is knowledgable on the
topic. Looks like we need to spread the word.
On another note, but similar...I agree about the neurotoxicity of
vaccines, and have read that children can be tested to see if their
immune system can handle such early vaccinations without doing
damage. Does anyone out there know what the blood test this is?
Old March 2nd 08, 03:48 AM posted to misc.legal,misc.headlines,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids
[email protected]

On Mar 1, 6:30*pm, wrote:
[...]

damage. *Does anyone out there know what the blood test this is?- Hide quoted text -

You are greatly mislead.
The level of mercury in vaccines has been "reduced" in some vaccines
while still existing at full strength in other vaccines like the flu
vaccine.
I find it horrific that the medical moguls are recommending that
pregnant women get flu shots while the EPA recommends pregnant women
avoid fish due to the mercury. ( fish at less than 1 ppm and the
vaccines at up to 100 ppm. Go figure). Then the infant is to be shot
up every six months.

No mercury in vaccines?? This is an obvious propaganda move by big
pharma.

If you do poison your kid with mercury there is a porrhyrin test that
can determine the level. However, you can't get the test in the US.
Go figure.