Exclusive BF is so awesome

Old October 28th 03, 06:49 PM
Akuvikate

Default Exclusive BF is so awesome

So far in the Bug's 4 and a half months on Earth, aside from mum milk
she's had nothing but a few doses of tylenol and mylicon, and perhaps
a bit of bathwater here and there. Last night as she was nursing off
to sleep I looked at her and realized that every molecule of this
little human being -- every fiber of her muscles, every brain cell,
all 10 fingers and all 10 toes (and even her little boogers) -- comes
from me. Everything but the DNA from her dad came either from my
bloodstream while I was pregnant or from the milk she's had since she
was born. Isn't that just mindblowing? I'll miss that when we start
her on solids.

Kate
and the Bug, June 8 2003

My DH and I have a little ditty about this -- daddy makes money to buy
the food that mommy eats to make milk that the Bug drinks to make a
bigger Bug which makes daddy (and mommy) happy.
Old October 28th 03, 06:59 PM
Dawn Lawson

Akuvikate wrote:

So far in the Bug's 4 and a half months on Earth, aside from mum milk
she's had nothing but a few doses of tylenol and mylicon, and perhaps
a bit of bathwater here and there. Last night as she was nursing off
to sleep I looked at her and realized that every molecule of this
little human being -- every fiber of her muscles, every brain cell,
all 10 fingers and all 10 toes (and even her little boogers) -- comes
from me. Everything but the DNA from her dad came either from my
bloodstream while I was pregnant or from the milk she's had since she
was born. Isn't that just mindblowing? I'll miss that when we start
her on solids.

Funny, was about the same point when I had these same thoughts. (less
the thot about the boogers, which is really funny!)

Dawn

Old October 28th 03, 07:43 PM
Belphoebe

"Akuvikate" wrote in message

So far in the Bug's 4 and a half months on Earth, aside from mum milk
she's had nothing but a few doses of tylenol and mylicon, and perhaps
a bit of bathwater here and there. Last night as she was nursing off
to sleep I looked at her and realized that every molecule of this
little human being -- every fiber of her muscles, every brain cell,
all 10 fingers and all 10 toes (and even her little boogers) -- comes
from me. Everything but the DNA from her dad came either from my
bloodstream while I was pregnant or from the milk she's had since she
was born. Isn't that just mindblowing? I'll miss that when we start
her on solids.

It's an amazing feeling, I agree!

Belphoebe, whose "little bug" gets bigger every day, nak

Old October 28th 03, 08:33 PM
New York Jen

"Akuvikate" wrote in message
[...]

I remember when I was nursing Laszlo exclusively and my DH would make fun of
how much I would be eating. I said, "take a look at that boy, every ounce
on him came from stuff going into this mouth, so lay off!" He was more
making fun of the amount I could pack away (a pound of roast beef in one
sitting) than my waistline - so it wasn't a nasty thing, more of a comment
of astonishment!

I can't wait for that feeling again. It is the best!

Old October 28th 03, 09:51 PM
Leann and Donald

It is "mindblowing". I know I felt very proud of this very same thing while
Lucy was exclusively bf.

Leann

Old October 28th 03, 10:27 PM
Nina

"Akuvikate" wrote in message
So far in the Bug's 4 and a half months on Earth, aside from mum milk
she's had nothing but a few doses of tylenol and mylicon, and perhaps
a bit of bathwater here and there. Last night as she was nursing off
to sleep I looked at her and realized that every molecule of this
little human being -- every fiber of her muscles, every brain cell,
all 10 fingers and all 10 toes (and even her little boogers) -- comes
from me. Everything but the DNA from her dad came either from my
bloodstream while I was pregnant or from the milk she's had since she
was born. Isn't that just mindblowing? I'll miss that when we start
her on solids.

I find it amazing too. That a child can be made 100% from YOUR body.

Old October 28th 03, 10:42 PM
Joy

I've had the same thought, though in fairness part of the oxygen in a baby's
molecules comes from respiration, not eating, so there's some tiny
percentage of a baby's total mass that came from breathing.

-Joy

"Akuvikate" wrote...

Old October 29th 03, 12:38 AM
azure

I felt the same, and that's why I was sad when we started other food. She's
no longer 100% me, minus half a cell from her Dad : ) I felt very nostalgic
as I "exclusively" fed her for the last time. Her Dad teased me that she
polluted after she had her first solid meal : )

"Akuvikate" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old October 29th 03, 02:34 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Akuvikate wrote:

Isn't that just mindblowing?

Yep! Every once in awhile, I just look at Caterpillar and
try and figure out how I *grew* that.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old October 28th 03, 10:10 PM
Nikki

Akuvikate wrote:
So far in the Bug's 4 and a half months on Earth, aside from mum milk
she's had nothing but a few doses of tylenol and mylicon, and perhaps
a bit of bathwater here and there. Last night as she was nursing off
to sleep I looked at her and realized that every molecule of this
little human being -- every fiber of her muscles, every brain cell,
all 10 fingers and all 10 toes (and even her little boogers) -- comes
from me. Everything but the DNA from her dad came either from my
bloodstream while I was pregnant or from the milk she's had since she
was born. Isn't that just mindblowing? I'll miss that when we start
her on solids.

That is awesome isn't it :-) Bask in the glow! I like that I can take
credit for the cute, cuddly, healthy chubby babies. I give dh credit for
the big mean toddlers - er - I mean those spunky, independent, learning a
mile a minute cute souls, Lol .

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

awesome day today Vicky Bilaniuk Pregnancy 13 July 13th 04 07:21 PM
getting back to exclusive breastfeeding Anne Rogers Breastfeeding 2 October 12th 03 11:02 AM
My awesome shower sher Pregnancy 3 September 25th 03 05:33 PM
Awesome breasts! OBs causing otitis media? (also: 'Osteopathic' v. 'Chiropractic' manipulation) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 September 17th 03 08:18 PM
Exclusive BF for big baby? Lana Breastfeeding 16 July 29th 03 02:42 AM