Opinions please - names

Old July 10th 03, 08:18 AM
Clisby Williams

Default Opinions please - names

Cheryl S. wrote:

It's been a while since I've seen a name thread, so what do you all
think of these names for a boy? What sort of personality traits come to
mind when you read each one?

Derek
Evan
Jaden
Jeremy
Rajan (rah-JAHN) - FIL is from India, so this isn't out of place with
our last name.
William
--

I'd never heard it before, but I like Rajan the best.

Clisby

Old July 10th 03, 06:00 PM
Cheryl S.

It's been a while since I've seen a name thread, so what do you all
think of these names for a boy? What sort of personality traits come to
mind when you read each one?

Derek
Evan
Jaden
Jeremy
Rajan (rah-JAHN) - FIL is from India, so this isn't out of place with
our last name.
William
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.
And a boy, EDD 4.Sept

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old July 10th 03, 06:03 PM
Denise

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
It's been a while since I've seen a name thread, so what do you all
think of these names for a boy? What sort of personality traits come to
mind when you read each one?

Derek
Evan
Jaden
Jeremy
Rajan (rah-JAHN) - FIL is from India, so this isn't out of place with
our last name.
William
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.
And a boy, EDD 4.Sept

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

I love Rajan and Evan. I know a lot of Jadens around here.. girls and boys,
tons of Jeremys. I don't think I've met a Derek since junior high though.

Old July 10th 03, 06:15 PM
Jennifer Rasmussen

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
It's been a while since I've seen a name thread, so what do you all
think of these names for a boy? What sort of personality traits come

mind when you read each one?

Derek
Evan
Jaden
Jeremy
Rajan (rah-JAHN) - FIL is from India, so this isn't out of place with
our last name.
William

William is my all time favorite boy's name. I think of someone strong
and kind of noble; for some reason I think of it as kind of medieval
sounding.

Jen
(having a girl, so no Will for her)

Old July 10th 03, 07:01 PM
Amy M.

Derek

An arrogant jerk! LOL! It was my former bosses name!

Jaden

I don't know why, but this always strikes me as a girls name.

Evan

This is a very nice name. I can see it on a baby as well as a man. That can
be hard to come by with a lot of names. Mine for instance, is great for a
baby/child, but just doesn't seem to fit a 70 year old woman, kwim?
--
Amy~
Tre' (6/92)

Old July 10th 03, 07:01 PM
Cheryl S.

Ali's Daddie wrote in message
Jaden - I like it, I prefer the spelling Jayden (the way my nephews
is spelled) But the name itself is nice. It is also unisex. However,
keep in mind that it too is becoming rather popular with Will and
Jada Pinkett Smith naming their child that

I did notice last night that Jaden/Jayden moved from the 100th most
popular in 1999 to 45th in 2002, so that did put me off of it a little.
I don't want anything too trendy. I also didn't realize until I read
your and Denise's posts that it's used for girls, which is something I'd
rather avoid for a boy's name. Glad I asked! (Who are Will and Jada
Pinkett Smith?)

Rajan - a really nice name. I can't remember what it means off the top
of my head.

It's of Sanskrit origin, and means "king" (according to the book I saw
it in anyway - you never know where they get this stuff).

William - Ohh I like this one. It's my middle name :-) (that alone

just put
it in your "do not use" list, huh? lol)

Nah. ;-) I wouldn't mind him sharing one of your names at all. You
seem very nice.

Now, I have changed that to Matthew Shaun (Jarrod's middle
name) for our first boy.

That's a nice name.

Then again, I named my child after an allergy medication, so
don't listen my opinions lol.

(thats not really where I got the name from btw)

LOL. I had Allegra on my list when picking names for Julie, and the
allergy medication didn't even occur to me until I posted a poll here.
It's so musical, and I associate the name more with the ballerina
Allegra Kent than with the medication, even though I've taken it myself!
I love the name and I'm glad to see someone use it.

Old July 10th 03, 07:07 PM
Jacqui

Cheryl S. wibbled

(Who are Will and Jada Pinkett Smith?)

Will Smith - Fresh Prince of Bel Air/Independence Day. Jada Pinkett -
Matrix Reloaded. She seems to have added the Smith only in the last
three years.

Jac
Old July 10th 03, 07:07 PM
Denise

"Cheryl S." wrote in message

(Who are Will and Jada
Pinkett Smith?)

Will Smith from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Bad Boys, Independence Day,
rapping fame... and his wife Jada Pinkett.

Old July 10th 03, 07:21 PM
Laurie

Cheryl S. wrote in message ...
It's been a while since I've seen a name thread, so what do you all
think of these names for a boy? What sort of personality traits come to
mind when you read each one?

Derek: Like it a lot. We considered it, but too rhymy with Eric. Very
masculine, athletic, handsome sounding to me.

Evan: I love this name. Hubby didn't like it. It's kind of sexy and
sensitive sounding to me.

Jaden: Too pretty for me, kind of feminine IMO

Jeremy: Very cute, boy next doorish.

Rajan (rah-JAHN) - FIL is from India, so this isn't out of place with
our last name.: It's not a name I'm familiar with, but it sounds nice to

be!

William: For some reason, I hvae always disliked this name, though it's a
perfectly good name.

My favorites from your list are Evan and Derek, jeremy a close tie.

I see you eliminated Coby. I wonder why?

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 27 months
and Christopher, 12 weeks

*This email address is now valid*

Old July 10th 03, 08:39 PM
Irish Marie

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
It's been a while since I've seen a name thread, so what do you all
think of these names for a boy? What sort of personality traits come to
mind when you read each one?

Obviously these are just my opinions so I hope I don't offend anyone.

Derek -reminds me of my boss and my first lost love ;-) so it wouldn't be

a name I personally would choose and it seems a little last generation for a
baby born now.

Evan - I really like this

Jaden - same name as my neighbour's son, and he is a cutie, still though I

think it is too 'made up' or modern for my likings.

Jeremy - nope, too pretentious and upper class.

Rajan (rah-JAHN) - FIL is from India, so this isn't out of place with
our last name. - totally different cultural name to what i would be used

to, but it seems nice enough.

William - I like this name, but then in my family it would probably be

shortened.

HTH

--
Marie
Mum to DD5, DS3 and due #3 July '03

Opinions on Theodore Bean & Maclaren Carriers Cynthia General 1 October 27th 03 08:25 AM
last names XOR General 1 October 15th 03 03:19 PM
Names of the children I went to school with Rosalie B. General 30 October 2nd 03 07:42 PM
Interesting local article on baby names sher General 292 October 1st 03 12:08 AM
Help--babysitting opinions needed Chive mynd General 6 September 17th 03 04:21 PM