So proud of myself! And DD - NIP

Old July 23rd 06, 10:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default So proud of myself! And DD - NIP

I've only been at this since last Monday, and I hadn't figured out how
to BF discretely yet. In the hospital was no big deal, I had no qualms
about ripping off my top. So we had our first outing today to Target.
Of course as soon as we arrived she decided she wanted to nurse again.
I had her in a sling, managed to latch her on (with a little help from
DH) and walk around and continue shopping!

Old July 23rd 06, 11:54 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Leslie

cjra wrote:
I've only been at this since last Monday, and I hadn't figured out how
to BF discretely yet. In the hospital was no big deal, I had no qualms
about ripping off my top. So we had our first outing today to Target.
Of course as soon as we arrived she decided she wanted to nurse again.
I had her in a sling, managed to latch her on (with a little help from
DH) and walk around and continue shopping!

Very impressive! Sounds like you are a pro already!

Leslie

Old July 24th 06, 01:17 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Cheri Stryker

cjra wrote:

I've only been at this since last Monday, and I hadn't figured out how
to BF discretely yet. In the hospital was no big deal, I had no qualms
about ripping off my top. So we had our first outing today to Target.
Of course as soon as we arrived she decided she wanted to nurse again.
I had her in a sling, managed to latch her on (with a little help from
DH) and walk around and continue shopping!

Awesome!
--
Cheri Stryker

mom to DS1 - 7 yrs, and DS2 - 3.5 months

Check out my new breastfeeding T-shirts on CafePress!
http://www.cafepress.com/dancingbones
Old July 24th 06, 03:08 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
arachne

cjra wrote:
I've only been at this since last Monday, and I hadn't figured out how
to BF discretely yet. In the hospital was no big deal, I had no qualms
about ripping off my top. So we had our first outing today to Target.
Of course as soon as we arrived she decided she wanted to nurse again.
I had her in a sling, managed to latch her on (with a little help from
DH) and walk around and continue shopping!

that's fantastic! i'm on baby #2 & i still can't get the hang of
breastfeeding in a sling. LOL.

--
elizabeth (in australia)
mum to DS1 "cheese" (almost 4 yrs) & DS2 "chalk" (almost 10 mths)

"Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children" - Classified Ad

"If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come
down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything." - Gregory Maguire,
"Mirror Mirror"
Old July 24th 06, 03:22 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Marie

"cjra" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've only been at this since last Monday, and I hadn't figured out how
to BF discretely yet. In the hospital was no big deal, I had no qualms
about ripping off my top. So we had our first outing today to Target.
Of course as soon as we arrived she decided she wanted to nurse again.
I had her in a sling, managed to latch her on (with a little help from
DH) and walk around and continue shopping!

Wowzers! I hadn't realized you were able to nurse already! I was thinking
you were still having some problems. Good for you
I didn't nurse a baby walking through the store until I had my third LOL
Marie

Old July 24th 06, 07:19 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

In article , "Marie"
wrote:

Wowzers! I hadn't realized you were able to nurse already! I was thinking
you were still having some problems. Good for you
I didn't nurse a baby walking through the store until I had my third LOL

LOL -- I never have. BFing time is coffee-and-magazine time IMO!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old July 24th 06, 08:51 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Wowzers! I hadn't realized you were able to nurse already! I was thinking
you were still having some problems. Good for you
I didn't nurse a baby walking through the store until I had my third LOL

LOL -- I never have. BFing time is coffee-and-magazine time IMO!

I wish! I never planned to nurse in odd places, but with number 2, she was a
bit random in her timings so a sling was a live saver for the first few
weeks.

Congratulations cjra, it must feel very liberating!

Anne

Old July 24th 06, 08:14 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

cjra wrote:
I've only been at this since last Monday, and I hadn't figured out how
to BF discretely yet. In the hospital was no big deal, I had no qualms
about ripping off my top. So we had our first outing today to Target.
Of course as soon as we arrived she decided she wanted to nurse again.
I had her in a sling, managed to latch her on (with a little help from
DH) and walk around and continue shopping!

EXCELLENT!!!

Good job. Nursing a newborn is tricky, slinging a newborn can be
tricky. Nursing a newborn in a sling, especially for the first time and
still walking around. PHENOM!

I had Lucy in my solarveil sling (BRIGHT turqoise, Maya-like) downtown
on Saturday. She (and the sling) drew lots of attn. Aside from the one
middle aged woman at the Alamo who came up to me all panicked, "HER
FEET ARE STICKING OUT!!!", the reactions were all positive.
At the zoo today I had a woman stop me, ask where I got it, and write
down the name of the company :-)

It's so funny, in CT, people would comment on the sling or the baby but
NEVER try and look in the sling. When I taught parenting classes I
would tell the parents that if they didn't want people touching their
babies in public to put them in a sling or front pack because while
strangers have no problem invading a babies personal space, they won't
invade yours to get close to a baby in a sling. Well, that held true up
where there is the 'New England Chill' but here in TX? Hah! I can't get
through a quick trip to HEB without someone coming up to me, opening up
the top of sling to try to see the baby better:-) I even had a man
holler from 2 lanes over to ask me how old the baby was. She was 5 days
at the time which freaked everyone out within earshot.

Old July 24th 06, 11:20 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

wrote:
cjra wrote:
I've only been at this since last Monday, and I hadn't figured out how
to BF discretely yet. In the hospital was no big deal, I had no qualms
about ripping off my top. So we had our first outing today to Target.
Of course as soon as we arrived she decided she wanted to nurse again.
I had her in a sling, managed to latch her on (with a little help from
DH) and walk around and continue shopping!

EXCELLENT!!!

Good job. Nursing a newborn is tricky, slinging a newborn can be
tricky. Nursing a newborn in a sling, especially for the first time and
still walking around. PHENOM!

Thanks! I am proud of myself! I kept saying that to DH, who was
impressed, but not sufficiently so IMO. I think he didn't get quite how
hard it can be!

I had Lucy in my solarveil sling (BRIGHT turqoise, Maya-like) downtown
on Saturday. She (and the sling) drew lots of attn. Aside from the one
middle aged woman at the Alamo who came up to me all panicked, "HER
FEET ARE STICKING OUT!!!", the reactions were all positive.
At the zoo today I had a woman stop me, ask where I got it, and write
down the name of the company :-)

I just came back from her first pedi appt (a clinic on the southside,
so packed full of people....I may not go back but that's another
story). Anyway, all the kids were fascinated by the sling, as were the
nurses. They kept saying 'there's a baby in there?!' The adults may
have been as well, but I think everyone freaked out when I started
nursing her - very modestly, but it was obvious that was what was being
done under that cloth. This time I could sit down though.

It's so funny, in CT, people would comment on the sling or the baby but
NEVER try and look in the sling. When I taught parenting classes I
would tell the parents that if they didn't want people touching their
babies in public to put them in a sling or front pack because while
strangers have no problem invading a babies personal space, they won't
invade yours to get close to a baby in a sling. Well, that held true up
where there is the 'New England Chill' but here in TX? Hah! I can't get
through a quick trip to HEB without someone coming up to me, opening up
the top of sling to try to see the baby better:-) I even had a man
holler from 2 lanes over to ask me how old the baby was. She was 5 days
at the time which freaked everyone out within earshot.

In SA especially, there is no such thing as personal space when it
comes to a baby....I like showing her off, but I'm a bit paranoid about
infection risks at the moment so have to say 'stay back'.

Old July 25th 06, 06:41 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Mum of Two

"cjra" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've only been at this since last Monday, and I hadn't figured out how
to BF discretely yet. In the hospital was no big deal, I had no qualms
about ripping off my top. So we had our first outing today to Target.
Of course as soon as we arrived she decided she wanted to nurse again.
I had her in a sling, managed to latch her on (with a little help from
DH) and walk around and continue shopping!

Good for you! :-) It gets easier once they've learnt to latch themselves.
(Until they're two that is, when they'll yell "I want booby milk!" in the
supermarket.)

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,