can't find link: bottle feeding the breastfed pls help

Old April 13th 04, 05:40 PM
Dagny

Default can't find link: bottle feeding the breastfed pls help

There was a link posted here, I'm pretty sure this is where I found it. It
was about how to bottle feed your baby when you want him to be able to
return to the breast easily or switch back and forth between bottle and
breast. It had a picture of the baby being fed upright. I think it was
more of a journal article than a standard web page. Anyone remember this?
I can't find it in the archives.

One of my not very close friends just had her baby 2 weeks ago. She said
the baby wasn't nursing productively at the breast so she has been pumping
and bottle-feeding hoping to phase back in to exclusive bfing asap. She
said they would weigh her after feedings and it would be less than an ounce
gain, but she will take bm in a bottle. She said she knows other people
this has happened to and so does the lactation consultant.

So I told her I would send her this link (when I found it) --

TIA,
Dagny

Old April 13th 04, 06:42 PM
PattyMomVA

"Dagny" wrote in message
. .. and I snipped:

There was a link posted here, I'm pretty sure this is where I found it.

It
was about how to bottle feed your baby when you want him to be able to
return to the breast easily or switch back and forth between bottle and
breast. It had a picture of the baby being fed upright. I think it was
more of a journal article than a standard web page. Anyone remember this?
I can't find it in the archives.

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.ilca.org/pubs/jhl/j18h1l10.pdf

HTH,
-Patty, mom to Corinne (6y) and Nathan (3.5y)
and stepmom to Victoria (nearly 14y)

Old April 13th 04, 07:07 PM
Jen in South Florida

Dagny wrote:
There was a link posted here, I'm pretty sure this is where I found it. It
was about how to bottle feed your baby when you want him to be able to
return to the breast easily or switch back and forth between bottle and
breast. It had a picture of the baby being fed upright. I think it was
more of a journal article than a standard web page. Anyone remember this?
I can't find it in the archives.

Is this it?

http://www.ilca.org/pubs/jhl/j18h1l10.pdf

One of my not very close friends just had her baby 2 weeks ago. She said
the baby wasn't nursing productively at the breast so she has been pumping
and bottle-feeding hoping to phase back in to exclusive bfing asap.

Has she considered using a SNS? I had a love/hate relationship with it.
Without it, I don't think my milk would ever have come in (it took
over 3 weeks due to my serious complications after their birth), but I
really hated dealing with formula/EMM, SNS tubes, tape, and two babies
for the 3 months that I used it.

Jen
twin boys born 11/26/03, fully breastfed/breastmilkfed since 7 weeks of age

Old April 13th 04, 10:07 PM
Dagny

"Jen in South Florida" wrote in message
ink.net...
Dagny wrote:
There was a link posted here, I'm pretty sure this is where I found it.

It
was about how to bottle feed your baby when you want him to be able to
return to the breast easily or switch back and forth between bottle and
breast. It had a picture of the baby being fed upright. I think it was
more of a journal article than a standard web page. Anyone remember

this?
I can't find it in the archives.

Is this it?

http://www.ilca.org/pubs/jhl/j18h1l10.pdf

YES, thanks!

One of my not very close friends just had her baby 2 weeks ago. She

said
the baby wasn't nursing productively at the breast so she has been

pumping
and bottle-feeding hoping to phase back in to exclusive bfing asap.

Has she considered using a SNS? I had a love/hate relationship with it.
Without it, I don't think my milk would ever have come in (it took
over 3 weeks due to my serious complications after their birth), but I
really hated dealing with formula/EMM, SNS tubes, tape, and two babies
for the 3 months that I used it.

I don't know -- I'll ask.

Thanks for the link!!!!

where to find this bottle nipple? toypup General 7 July 7th 04 04:01 AM
where to find this bottle nipple? toypup Pregnancy 6 July 1st 04 04:58 AM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
Reason for weaning from bottle at 1 yo? Truffles General 38 July 13th 03 09:18 AM