Excuse me????????????

Old November 14th 05, 04:36 PM
DB

Default Excuse me????????????

What the hell is this all about?

Much of the problem can be traced to the arithmetic used to caclulate the
payments. Back in the 1980s, Robert Williams was hired by the federal
government to come up with a formula to figure how much fathers in various
income brackets would have to pay. Then Williams created his own company,
Policy Studies, Inc., to track down the deadbeats and receive a cut of the
take.

But there's a basic conflict of interest at work here -- the higher the
guidelines that Williams sets, the bigger the profits that flow to his
company. That's like telling the IRS that they can increase their agency's
budget by jimmying the tax rate charts.

So Jim Taylor of Richmond, Virginia, who earns a respectable $5,000 a month,
is saddled with payments of $2,000. Even though his 3 sons spend half their
time with him, Taylor's child support burden remains the same. As a result,
he does not have the money to buy clothes for his kids or take them on a
vacation.

So Taylor faced the essential dilemma of divorced dads: Should he put in
more hours at work -- and devote less time with his kids -- in order to make
ends meet? Or should he spend more time, and thus more expenses, with his
kids, thus risking the poorhouse and even the jailhouse?

Taylor opted for the second choice. He eventually had to file for bankruptcy
and moved in with his grandmother.

When the Office of Child Support Enforcement was first established in 1975,
its advocates justified this intrusive experiment with the promise that dads
would now stay involved with their children.

But in reality, it is forcing fathers to choose between the workhouse vs.
the jailhouse. That is a choice that no parent should have to make.

Old November 14th 05, 08:20 PM
Dusty

"DB" wrote in message
et...
What the hell is this all about?

No idea, DB. Since you failed to include a link to the site you found this
at, none of us can check it out and give you proper response.

Old November 14th 05, 10:39 PM
DB

http://www.krightsradio.com/crDeadbeatdadsdilemma.php

Old November 14th 05, 11:55 PM
Trial Run

But in reality, it is forcing CP, the mother, to choose between the
workhouse vs.
the jailhouse. That is a choice that no parent should have to make!

This is no different then what my choices are day after day, month
after month, not recieving any childsupport?
My 2 young children spend more time alone then children should have
too. I can't afford to take a day off due to the fact that I have to
pay for everything.
I do not get to take my kids anywhere fun, but there dad gets to
because he works for cash and rarely pays CS.
He is $10,468.00 behind on CS.
I make a respectable $2,600.00 a month ) yeah that is all!! I am
saddled with spending 100% of that on our basis needs!! NCP spends 4
days a month with the kids. He also does not ever just buy them
something when he has them besides food or a motel room while being out
of town with them.
I am not on any state run freebie programs, I work very hard keeping
what we have and I choose not to go bankrupt and have my kids living in
the street. Somedays I would LOVE to give up and give in, but my kids
deserve at least one parent to show them how the world works.

I am not dismissing that the article that you posted above does not
happen, it happens to frequently.
But it is no different then CP who are faced with the same issues!

Old November 15th 05, 12:43 AM
DB

"Trial Run" wrote in

I am not on any state run freebie programs, I work very hard keeping
what we have and I choose not to go bankrupt and have my kids living in
the street. Somedays I would LOVE to give up and give in, but my kids
deserve at least one parent to show them how the world works.

So if you didn't have the kids, would you have to work just as hard not to
be on the street?
Life is tough for everyone, (except for the fat cats in power) we all have
our crosses to bare!

Old November 15th 05, 01:04 AM
Dusty

"Trial Run" wrote in message
oups.com...
But in reality, it is forcing CP, the mother, to choose between the
workhouse vs.
the jailhouse. That is a choice that no parent should have to make!

[ emotional b.s. snipped]

How is it that it's the CP that has to choose between jail and work??? This
I gotta hear...

Old November 15th 05, 01:18 AM
Trial Run

Nope if I didn't have the kids, I wouldn't need my house. I would be
able to move in with my BF, who's house is too small for all of us,
(full time) as it was intended as a lake home for his wife and kids
before he got divorced.
I wouldn't have property taxs, house ins., 100% of the heat, electric,
water bills not to mention all the costs to keep everything running
like buying a new pump for my well and keeping the lawn mower in
working order.
I wouldn't use as much laundry detergent or toothpaste, toilet paper,
paper towels, shampoo and conditioner, food cost would be cut by more
then half, hair cuts, TV's running 24/7, an extra computer running,
running kids to and from different sport practices and to walmart to
buy the treats for school, school photo's, halloween costumes, man the
list of things I would not have to pay for is amazing!!
I used to have to drive my kids to school for 3 years, with those great
school cuts we had, I spend $200 a month in gas just driving the kids
to and from school each day. I had to start work late and stop work
early during the school years. Just this one thing alone cost me in
gas and lost income over $365.00 a month!!!
Yeap I can honestly say without a doubt, I would not have to work as
hard as I do now and I would have a lot more money at the end of the
month.
I would even be able to put some money away for retirement so that when
I get older I might have a little nest egg.
I figured it out one time and if I made him take the kids and I paid
him what I am suppose to get, I would have over $1600 extra every
month!!
I would then have the same expenses he has now. Free Rent and food, no
household bills, I will just help mow the lawn and do dishes. I would
have a car payment and car ins....oh and my cell phone bill....that's
all I would have to pay for!!
Of course I would then be the good mommy, because I would be the one
who could take my kids on vacations and go do the fun things, kids
somehow don't understand that running water was worth the $400.00 new
pump!!
God willing someday they will know and understand and that is the only
thing that keeps me going day in and day out!!
Ok I gotta run get DD from sports practice... ;o)

Old November 15th 05, 03:30 AM
Chris

"Trial Run" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

If you can't afford to care for your children, then you shouldn't have
chosen to have them in the first place. Don't complain.

Old November 15th 05, 03:52 AM
Trial Run

Chris, Dusty, I was comparing what DB posted about the fathers having
to choose between jail and work! Read the first post on this thread.
I changed the wording as it fits for the CP in my case also. Meaning it
is gender equal/CP or NCP equal dumb ****s!!

And you're right, I can afford my child and so can the NCP! So why
doesn't he help pay for them? He is the one who begged on bended knee
for me to give birth to his child. My other 2 kids were already 10 & 7,
I really didn't want or need to have more children at the age of 29!

You guys are making me dislike men really fast!! LOL
Glad my BF is thankful for the help I can offer him in his case!! He
wouldn't think to highly of you guys either, and that you are the ones
who screw it up for the decent NCP's. Just like the rad fems I guess
are the ones who make it so you feel the way you do towards me the CP.

Someone please with an intelligent response, what makes it so that a
NCP just doesn't FEEL like paying?
He can pay, he works, he loves his kids...he knows that I will not take
him back to court to get more...why...because I am just not like that!

Why don't you two try reading everything I wrote instead of only
choosing to comment on whatever you feel is negative!

Old November 15th 05, 04:36 AM
Trial Run

Well I bet if I don't pay my monthly bills sooner or later, I would go
to jail!!
It has nothing to do with being a CP or a NCP, an adult with expenses
has to pay them.
Are some of them unfair...hell yes CS being the most unfair of all
expenses.
I know all the hog wash about our government and how it rules a life
style. But that same
governement rules my life also...
So if you try really hard not to read between the line in what I am
saying is the fact that
I have to pay 100% of the childrens cost of life, the unfair burden is
throw unto my plate alone.

I was just making a comparison, between the two situations...

Excuse me, Mary????? laurie Pregnancy 18 January 30th 04 12:41 PM
can someone give me some advice? Krystle N Pregnancy 42 January 21st 04 03:38 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane Foster Parents 3 December 8th 03 11:53 PM
Researchers admit spanking behavior not rigorously tested Fern5827 Spanking 6 August 2nd 03 06:43 PM
Excuse Me???? Researchers admit spanking behavior notrigorously tested Doan General 0 July 10th 03 06:21 AM