ADHD drugs linked to violent crime

Old April 28th 07, 04:49 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Jeff

Default ADHD drugs linked to violent crime

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
t...

http://www.2gb.com/index.php?option=...3&Ite mid=204

One would think that you can do better than a four-paragraph radiostation
commentary from a judge apparently with as much medical training as Jan
(i.e., no medical training).

The OP's post was totally useless and lacks any type of validity.

Jeff

Old April 28th 07, 05:26 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

http://www.2gb.com/index.php?option=...3&Ite mid=204

ADHD drugs linked to violent crime
NSW District Court Judge Paul Conlon is standing by his claims there's a
link between ADHD drugs and violent crime.

He says an increasing number of young people who come before his court
charged with violence were prescribed drugs like Ritalin at a young age. The
drug is used to treat attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder.

Despite assurances from doctors, Judge Conlon has told 2GB's Ray Hadley he's
concerned we're not getting the full story, and kids are being adversely
affected.

"Do we know all we need to know about the long term medical and mental
health effects on these young persons prescribed these drugs? I'm not sure
that we do," he said.

"If the medical profession, which indicated to me last week now know some of
these things, why are they not out there telling them to us?"

Old April 28th 07, 07:09 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

"Jeff" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
t...

http://www.2gb.com/index.php?option=...3&Ite mid=204

One would think that you can do better than a four-paragraph radiostation
commentary from a judge apparently with as much medical training as Jan
(i.e., no medical training).

One would think you don't respect a judge's job or value his experience of
those who appear in the court room.

Then...you certainly did not like his words....

[...]

Send your complaints to Google Alert: ADHD......

Old April 28th 07, 01:33 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Jeff

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
t...

http://www.2gb.com/index.php?option=...3&Ite mid=204

One would think that you can do better than a four-paragraph radiostation
commentary from a judge apparently with as much medical training as Jan
(i.e., no medical training).

One would think you don't respect a judge's job or value his experience of
those who appear in the court room.

One would be wrong. His experience is in the court room, but on the medical
clinic.

Jeff

Old April 28th 07, 03:27 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

On Apr 28, 8:33 am, "Jeff" wrote:
"" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message
> [...]

"" wrote in message
. net...

http://www.2gb.com/index.php?option=...ew&id=1733&Ite...

One would think that you can do better than a four-paragraph radiostation
commentary from a judge apparently with as much medical training as Jan
(i.e., no medical training).

One would think you don't respect a judge's job or value his experience of
those who appear in the court room.

One would be wrong. His experience is in the court room, but on the medical
clinic.

One wonders why these anti-medication assholes who constantly whine
about that massive increase in the number of people-adults and kids-
who are taking SSRIs, Stimulants, etc. cannot explan why there has not
been a concomitant increase in the number of violent crimes?

Could it be that the violence is not related to the medication but to
the underlying medical condition? Of course not, they would say, as it
does not fit into their model of the world.

Old April 29th 07, 05:56 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A.

Jan, there you go again stating FACTS, scientific documents and
absolute proof. Don't you know by now
that the pro Medical-Industrial Complex minions hate that? Expect
silly hit-pieces by the
Iron-Fist Lobby, which is Proby and company.

There can be no question now that these drugs DO cause violent crime,
and lots of it. So the medical
complex takes a health kid, forces powerful drugs down their throats
Gulag-style and surprise,
surprise, because of the drugs, the kid turns violent!! Sometimes
lives are taken.

These are the kind of actions that the Cult that infiltrates these
newsgroups support! We must be
united in our stance against the force-feeding of Americas youth.
Either we stop it NOW,
or it could very well be the end of all civilization!! That is NO
exaggeration!

Old May 8th 07, 08:30 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
stalker

On Apr 27, 11:26 pm, "Jan Drew" wrote:
[...]

Actually nothing in this story links the drugs to crime. One judge
said he started seeing some increases in the number of people in his
court who took the drugs. That is hardly a scientific study by any
stretch of the imagination. He said he has questions and would like to
get some answers. He is a long way from proving anything.

Old May 19th 07, 04:04 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
john

"stalker" wrote in message oups.com...

Actually nothing in this story links the drugs to crime. One judge
said he started seeing some increases in the number of people in his
court who took the drugs. That is hardly a scientific study by any
stretch of the imagination. He said he has questions and would like to
get some answers. He is a long way from proving anything.

In 1986, The International Journal of the Addictions published a very important literature review by Richard Scarnati. It was called "An Outline of Hazardous Side Effects of Ritalin (Methylphenidate)" [v.21(7), pp. 837-841].

Scarnati listed a large number of adverse affects of Ritalin and cited published journal articles which reported each of these symptoms.

For every one of the following Ritalin effects, there is at least one confirming source in the medical literatu

.. Paranoid delusions
· Paranoid psychosis
· Hypomanic and manic symptoms, amphetamine-like psychosis
· Activation of psychotic symptoms
· Toxic psychosis
· Visual hallucinations
· Auditory hallucinations
· Can surpass LSD in producing bizarre experiences
· Effects pathological thought processes
· Extreme withdrawal
· Terrified affect
· Started screaming
· Aggressiveness
· Insomnia
· Since Ritalin is considered an amphetamine-type drug, expect amphetamine-like effects
· Psychic dependence
· High-abuse potential DEA Schedule II Drug
· Decreased REM sleep
· When used with antidepressants one may see dangerous reactions including hypertension, seizures and hypothermia
· Convulsions
· Brain damage may be seen with amphetamine abuse.

Old May 20th 07, 07:07 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Robert Watson

JOHN wrote:

"stalker" wrote in
message oups.com...

Actually nothing in this story links the drugs to crime. One judge
said he started seeing some increases in the number of people in his
court who took the drugs. That is hardly a scientific study by any
stretch of the imagination. He said he has questions and would like to
get some answers. He is a long way from proving anything.

In 1986, The International Journal of the Addictions published a very
important literature review by Richard Scarnati. It was called “An
Outline of Hazardous Side Effects of Ritalin
http://www.whale.to/a/ritalin.html (Methylphenidate)” [v.21(7), pp.
837-841].

What makes it a "very important literature review?" Was it that it is
quoted by authoritative sources? (The whale site doesn't count ;-) ).
Did it show something that was not on the package insert or not known to
science, yet?

Doodoo deleted.

Jeff
Old May 20th 07, 09:57 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
john

"Robert Watson" wrote in message

Doodoo deleted.

Jeff

Who is Robert watson? Is this another of your aliases?