ADHD drugs linked to violent crime

Old May 28th 07, 09:31 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
David Wright

Default ADHD drugs linked to violent crime

In article , JOHN wrote:
-=-=-=-=-=-

"stalker" wrote in message
roups.com...

Actually nothing in this story links the drugs to crime. One judge
said he started seeing some increases in the number of people in his
court who took the drugs. That is hardly a scientific study by any
stretch of the imagination. He said he has questions and would like to
get some answers. He is a long way from proving anything.

In 1986, The International Journal of the Addictions published a very
important literature review by Richard Scarnati. It was called "An
Outline of Hazardous Side Effects of Ritalin (Methylphenidate)"
[v.21(7), pp. 837-841].

Of course, these side effects are, in general, due to the abuse of the
drug, not taking it as prescribed for ADD. But why bring that up?

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"Only George Bush could start a war for oil and not get any."
-- Bill Maher

Old June 3rd 07, 11:35 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Robert Schumann

It is worse than this article tells; my own research laboratory
indicates that ADHD drugs increase violent crime by a factor that
unfortunately has to remain a very guarded secret, because of its
alarming implications! But suffice it to say that ALL young people
on these zombie-like drugs MUST be taken off them immediately! There
are natural cures that should be tried at the very beginning of
treatment of this often-misdiagnosed spin-drome.
Even the prestigious Institute of Scientific Medical and Psychiatric
Research (ISMPR) agrees with this assessment whwholeheartedly. And if
it is good enough for them, it is good enough for everybody!

Jan Drew wrote:
http://www.2gb.com/index.php?option=...3&Ite mid=204

ADHD drugs linked to violent crime
NSW District Court Judge Paul Conlon is standing by his claims there's a
link between ADHD drugs and violent crime.

He says an increasing number of young people who come before his court
charged with violence were prescribed drugs like Ritalin at a young age. The
drug is used to treat attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder.

Despite assurances from doctors, Judge Conlon has told 2GB's Ray Hadley he's
concerned we're not getting the full story, and kids are being adversely
affected.

"Do we know all we need to know about the long term medical and mental
health effects on these young persons prescribed these drugs? I'm not sure
that we do," he said.

"If the medical profession, which indicated to me last week now know some of
these things, why are they not out there telling them to us?"

Old June 3rd 07, 06:09 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Jeff

Robert Schumann wrote:
It is worse than this article tells; my own research laboratory
indicates that ADHD drugs increase violent crime by a factor that
unfortunately has to remain a very guarded secret, because of its
alarming implications!

Yeah right.

But suffice it to say that ALL young people
on these zombie-like drugs MUST be taken off them immediately!

These are not zombie-like drugs. Drugs like Ritalin and Adderal enable
people with ADHD to focus better. The drugs don't make the kids like
zombies at all.

There
are natural cures that should be tried at the very beginning of
treatment of this often-misdiagnosed spin-drome.

Citations for these natural cures, please.

Even the prestigious Institute of Scientific Medical and Psychiatric
Research (ISMPR) agrees with this assessment whwholeheartedly. And if
it is good enough for them, it is good enough for everybody!

The institute is so prestigious that they don't even have a website
listed in Google.

Perhaps you can share some information that would make us think this
organization is worth listening to.

Jeff
Old June 4th 07, 07:18 AM posted to misc.kids.health,alt.support.attn-deficit,sci.med,alt.alt
Robert Schumann

"Jeff" I am taken aback that you would challenge my credentials on
these very serious matters! Rest assured that the research is 100%
accurate and fact-based, the Institute isthe finest in the world AND
everything I have ever posted and will ever post is rock solid and
should not be questioned!! Good day to you, Sir,

Sir Arthur

Old June 4th 07, 07:40 AM posted to misc.kids.health,alt.support.attn-deficit,sci.med,alt.alt
J. Clarke

Robert Schumann wrote:
"Jeff" I am taken aback that you would challenge my credentials on
these very serious matters! Rest assured that the research is 100%
accurate and fact-based, the Institute isthe finest in the world AND
everything I have ever posted and will ever post is rock solid and
should not be questioned!! Good day to you, Sir,

So you're saying that zombies are likely to commit crimes?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old June 4th 07, 11:35 AM posted to misc.kids.health,alt.support.attn-deficit,sci.med,alt.alt
Robert Schumann

The facts prove that being a zombie is a crime, against nature and
humanity! Zombies have no soul and no conscience, thus they have the
ability to commit crimes and not feel remorse. That explains pretty
accurately the Cult on these very newsgroups. Now you see why we have
to be extra diligent! Thank you for your mostintriguing question!

Old June 4th 07, 12:35 PM posted to misc.kids.health,alt.support.attn-deficit,sci.med,alt.alt
J. Clarke

Robert Schumann wrote:
The facts prove that being a zombie is a crime, against nature and
humanity! Zombies have no soul and no conscience, thus they have the
ability to commit crimes and not feel remorse. That explains pretty
accurately the Cult on these very newsgroups. Now you see why we have
to be extra diligent! Thank you for your mostintriguing question!

But don't zombies tend to move so slowly that they can't win fights and
can't get away with theft?

Old June 4th 07, 01:00 PM posted to misc.kids.health,alt.support.attn-deficit,sci.med,alt.alt
Jeff

Robert Schumann wrote:
"Jeff" I am taken aback that you would challenge my credentials on
these very serious matters!

So your credentials only matter in light matters?

Rest assured that the research is 100%
accurate and fact-based, the Institute isthe finest in the world AND
everything I have ever posted and will ever post is rock solid and
should not be questioned!! Good day to you, Sir,

Sir Arthur

I am sorry, but I don't believe you.

Until you can provide real evidence, you don't have a claim.

Until you are able to back your claims, I won't waste my time replying
to you in this thread.

You and the Institute are not worth my time.

Jeff

Old June 5th 07, 04:46 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

Robert Schumann wrote:
It is worse than this article tells; my own research laboratory

Comprised of the toys from McDonald Happy Meals.

indicates that ADHD drugs increase violent crime by a factor that
unfortunately has to remain a very guarded secret, because of its
alarming implications!

Sure, fArtie. Only in your damaged brain.

But suffice it to say that ALL young people
on these zombie-like drugs MUST be taken off them immediately! There
are natural cures that should be tried at the very beginning of
treatment of this often-misdiagnosed spin-drome.

OH? Do list them.

Even the prestigious Institute of Scientific Medical and Psychiatric
Research (ISMPR) agrees with this assessment whwholeheartedly.

That institute does not exist. Just like your brain.

And if
it is good enough for them, it is good enough for everybody!

Good enough for a non-existent entity.
Old June 5th 07, 06:34 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

"Mark Probert" the liear when he stated he was a kinder and gentler poster
wrote:

Robert Schumann wrote:
[...]

http://www.torah.org/learning/pirkei...apter1-6b.html

G-d's Justice System

When we judge others, we are setting our own personal justice system. If I
am constantly finding fault and criticizing others, I send a message to G-d.
Shortcomings should be noticed and highlighted; there's no room for mercy
and tolerance. And G-d allows us to fashion the very justice system with
which He views us. If we see only the bad in others, we bring upon ourselves
the very judgment we, in our minds, visit upon others daily.

http://www.yeshiva.org.il/midrash/shiur.asp?id=338

In the next portion of the midrash, the sages teach that it is fitting for
people to speak in clean, appropriate language:"

The words of Hashem are pure'...In the Torah, God chose to write eight extra
words in order to avoid using terminology which was not 100% 'clean. In the
Book of Berei****, for instance, Noach is told to choose for the ark from
among 'the pure cattle and from the cattle that is not pure...' [- instead
of referring to the latter group using the Hebrew term for ritually impure
beasts, "Tameh." ] In disqualifying the rabbit as a pure animal, the Torah
does not say that the impurity derives from the fact that the rabbit does
not have split hooves, [though this is true] but rather that the rabbit is
impure because it [only] chews its cud. (Vaykira 11)" The clear message of
the midrash: when unpleasant things are uttered, they must be expressed in
the cleanest, most honorable manner possible.

When we talk about being careful about speech, we're talking about two
different issues. What to say, and how to say it.

First of all, it is important not to say things that need not be said. When
something is in need of being said, it should be expressed using clean,
appropriate language. I've mentioned on several occasions that Rav Tzvi
Yehuda Kook (of blessed memory) was very cautious with his words, always
carefully weighing what he had to say before he said it. He would never say
things in the negative, but would always couch his ideas in positive terms.