Interesting visit.

Old March 24th 04, 11:12 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Default Interesting visit.

I pre-registered at the maternity center today where I'm planning on
having the baby. I had an interesting time signing a couple of forms on
the baby's behalf. One consented to medical treatment and the presence
of a nurse-in-training, another one acknowledged the receipt of the
HIPAA paperwork. Why the baby needs a special form acknowledging receipt
of paperwork he couldn't possibly read or understand I have no idea, but
I suppose for legal reasons I must now dutifully present him a copy of
the paperwork as soon as I see him, lol

I also found out that I am Group B Strep positive during today's 37 week
checkup. I have consented to penicillin during labor. I am happy with my
doctor's position on the matter; she says the only intervention she'd
want to take was if my water broke before I went into labor, and I did
not then start labor within a few hours. She says normally she would
give a good 24 hours or so after water breaking to see if labor would
start on its own before proceeding with induction, but with GBS she
would be more conservative and induce earlier.

Since it's more likely my water will not break until I am already in
labor, that shouldn't be a problem.

first Dr. visit tomorrow Christine Pregnancy 6 November 13th 03 07:37 PM
2 week post-op visit JNJ Pregnancy 5 November 2nd 03 09:41 PM
First ultrasound and second visit Joanna Kimball Pregnancy 11 September 25th 03 05:25 PM
First midwife/postnatal care nurse visit Elly Pregnancy 4 September 23rd 03 06:06 PM
Interesting Book on Homeschooling toto General 1 August 9th 03 01:20 AM