Low amniotic fluid

Old September 10th 05, 01:48 AM
Me Myself and I

I know the worry of having low fluid levels. After my waters broke with DD2
I had a level of 3.0 for the 9 days it took for me to go into labour. Even
though she was early I really wanted her born because I was so worried about
having a cord accident with such low levels. Glad to hear yours are at an
ok level. Do you have a leak that you are aware of? Drink loads of water
and hopefully the level will remain constant.

Take care

--
Pip

My premmies :
Abby - 8 weeks early now 7 months old and what a flirt
Jasmine - 5 weeks early now 3 1/2 Favourite saying "I don't want to"

"To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the
world"

--
"Joybelle" wrote in message
So, we had our BPP and baby did well once again. A 10/10. But, my
amniotic fluid is lower. It is 6.24 and it's supposed to be 7.1. Not too
bad, so we're not doing anything immediate, but the induction talk was
really out there. If the level is lower than 4 it becomes a problem.

The doctor we saw today was very nice, and she basically said she wouldn't
let me go past 40 weeks. That would be putting an induction at the 26th

or
27th. I'm okay with that if it's necessary, but if things are still okay
then baby-wise and amniotic fluid-wise, I'm not going to consent. I'm

more
frightened of a failed induction that ends up in c-section than I would be
of scheduling a c-section. I don't know if that makes sense or not. It's
just that I've had my babies at 41+ weeks and if I'm going to consent to

an
induction, I sure as hell want it to work! Obviously, if there are

problems
or definite concerns, I'm not worrying about all that, I'll do what I have
to do.

I will continue to have an NST on Tuesday, and a BPP and OB visit on

Friday
of next week. We'll see a different doctor again, and we'll see what that
one has to say!

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old September 10th 05, 02:12 AM
Mary W.

Joybelle wrote:
So, we had our BPP and baby did well once again. A 10/10. But, my
amniotic fluid is lower. It is 6.24 and it's supposed to be 7.1. Not too
bad, so we're not doing anything immediate, but the induction talk was
really out there. If the level is lower than 4 it becomes a problem.

Make sure you drink plenty of water- I read somewhere that not
drinking enough can affect the fluid measurements. And I think
those fluid measurements can be off if they happen to miss a
pocket of fluid somewhere.

Good luck,
Mary W.

Old September 10th 05, 02:14 AM
alath

For what risk factor(s) are you getting fetal testing?

Old September 10th 05, 02:50 AM
Circe

"alath" wrote in message
ps.com...
For what risk factor(s) are you getting fetal testing?

Her baby has been prenatally diagnosed with spina bifida.
--
Be well, Barbara

Old September 10th 05, 02:54 AM
Ericka Kammerer

alath wrote:
For what risk factor(s) are you getting fetal testing?

If I'm not mixing up the details, spina bifida
and hydrocephalus and clubfoot.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old September 10th 05, 04:41 AM
Me Myself and I

Ahhh that GD! Baby sounds to be doing really well apart from the low
fluid levels which is really great. As you probably know, the risk with
very low fluid levels is the risk of cord compression which is certainly
something you don't want, but by the sounds of it your doctors are taking
good care of you and are well on top of things.

Hugs

--
Pip

My premmies :
Abby - 8 weeks early now 7 months old and what a flirt
Jasmine - 5 weeks early now 3 1/2 Favourite saying "I don't want to"

"To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the
world"

--
"Joybelle" wrote in message

"Me Myself and I" wrote in message
news
I know the worry of having low fluid levels. After my waters broke with

DD2
I had a level of 3.0 for the 9 days it took for me to go into labour.

Even
though she was early I really wanted her born because I was so worried

about
having a cord accident with such low levels. Glad to hear yours are at

an
ok level. Do you have a leak that you are aware of? Drink loads of

water
and hopefully the level will remain constant.

Thank you, Pip! I don't have a leak, but it sounds like it is quite

common
for levels to be lower with a baby with a defect or with diabetes (ahhh...
what you can find on google!). I have gestational diabetes, and I'm not
sure if it applies to that or not. So far, it looks like the level really
isn't that low, but they want to keep an eye on it and make sure the baby

is
getting plenty of oxygen. I am going to really make being diligent about
drinking loads of water my goal this week.

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old September 10th 05, 05:16 AM
Emily

Hi Joy,

Sorry to hear about the low amniotic fluid, but I'm
glad no one's panicking yet. I think I remember hearing
that even better than water, drinking lots of gatorade
or similar is supposed to help.

Emily

Old September 10th 05, 06:23 AM
Joybelle

"Mary W." wrote in message
link.net...

Joybelle wrote:
So, we had our BPP and baby did well once again. A 10/10. But, my
amniotic fluid is lower. It is 6.24 and it's supposed to be 7.1. Not

too
bad, so we're not doing anything immediate, but the induction talk was
really out there. If the level is lower than 4 it becomes a problem.

Make sure you drink plenty of water- I read somewhere that not
drinking enough can affect the fluid measurements. And I think
those fluid measurements can be off if they happen to miss a
pocket of fluid somewhere.

Thank you, Mary. I feel like I drink more than enough water (I'm going to
live on the toilet!), but I'm going to increase my intake. It certainly
can't hurt, right?!

--
Joy

Rose 1-99