How can I tell if I ripped my stitches?

Old January 5th 05, 12:44 AM
PregoNoMore

Default How can I tell if I ripped my stitches?

I had a vaginal birth 11 days ago. This is my first child so I am
completely clueless about everything. A couple of days ago I went to the
rest room and while I was wiping I accidently tugged on one of my stithes.
The next day there was a quarter length stitch on my leg. I am not in any
extra pain... but I just wanted to be sure that I didnt rip my stitches.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx,
Amber

Old January 5th 05, 12:56 AM
Anne Rogers

I had a vaginal birth 11 days ago. This is my first child so I am
completely clueless about everything. A couple of days ago I went to the
rest room and while I was wiping I accidently tugged on one of my stithes.
The next day there was a quarter length stitch on my leg. I am not in any
extra pain... but I just wanted to be sure that I didnt rip my stitches.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx,

this is about the time soluble ones would fall out, so given you are in no
extra pain, you probably just encouraged one to fall out a little sooner

if you are really concerned you could look down there with a mirror, however
I was warned you might get a fright, it's never the most beautiful of places
at the best of times

Old January 5th 05, 02:29 AM
Jamie Clark

Also, remember that most of the time when stitches are put in, your tissues
are swollen. As you heal, the tissues go back to normal non-swollen size,
and the stitches are easier to take out. Add to that the are soluble, AND
you aren't in pain, you are probably fine!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest