C-sec/BPI birth trauma: MOTHERS to show juries?

Old March 12th 04, 09:53 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default C-sec/BPI birth trauma: MOTHERS to show juries?

An English woman named Clare recently asked if she should mention to her
solicitor that she was delivered on her back,

"[My] daughter (12 weeks old now)....suffered a right erbs palsy due to
shoulder dystocia...I have been reading all of your e-mails and think they
are great. Keep it up! Do you think I should mention that I was delivered
on my back to my solicitor?"

Clare, thanks for that encouragement! Congrats on the birth of your
daughter!

YES! Do show this post to your solicitor - please see MOTHER'S TO SHOW
JURIES at the very end of this post...

PREGNANT WOMEN: MDs and MBs and CNMwives are closing birth canals up to 30%
by using semisitting and dorsal (woman-on-her-back) deliveries...

It's EASY to allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up to 30% - just
roll onto your side as you push your baby out - or kneel or hands-and-knees
or stand - use virtually ANY delivery position EXCEPT semisitting or dorsal
and you will allow your birth canal to open the "extra" up to 30%. Talk to
your obstetrician or midwife today. WARNING: Some obstetricians and
midwives will let you "try" an "alternative" delivery position but will move
you back to semisitting or dorsal (close your birth canal!) for the actual
delivery!

MOTHERS: WAS THAT CESAREAN NECESSARY?

See MOTHER'S TO SHOW JURIES at the very end of this post.

MOTHER'S: WAS YOUR CHILD INJURED AT BIRTH?

MDs and MBs and CNMwives are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals!

Incredibly, when babies' shoulders get stuck (inside mom), MDs, MBs and
CNMwives are KEEPING birth canals closed (using BAD McRoberts maneuver)!

For my BAD McRoberts maneuver discussion...

See Silent Dr. Nath: BPI malpractice suits as prevention
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2357

KEY POINT FOR ATTORNEYS/SOLICITORS...

It is likely that MDs and MBs and CNMwives do not *want* to close birth
canals - but they must - because stopping the crime would be tantamount to
admitting it.

For this reason, MOTHERS may have to show juries how OBs are closing their
birth canals.

GOOD NEWS! It is likely that most mothers can EASILY demonstrate the grisly
biomechanics of semisitting and dorsal delivery to a jury after just 5 min
of instruction using a plastic model pelvis.

See my addendum to my Open Letter to Attorney Anthony Mancini below....

ATTORNEY ANTHONY MANCINI wrote:

"Todd...I would be very interested in obtaining more information from you
regarding the closed birth canal theory. In order to present this theory to
a jury, I would need a credible OB/Gyn who subscribes to the theory. The
OB/Gyn would be the expert witness. I welcome any information that you can
provide."
--Anthony Mancini
Law Offices of Anthony Mancini, Ltd.
www.mancinilaw.com

OPEN LETTER (instantly archived for global access at:

Anthony Mancini
Law Offices of Anthony Mancini, Ltd.
www.mancinilaw.com

Anthony,

The closed birth canal theory is fact. It is simple biomechanics: Dorsal
lithotomy closes the pelvic outlet - up to 30% according to radiographic
studies. (See below my OBGYN-List posts from 1997, before I was censored.)

Dorsal lithotomy is also known as the dorso-sacral position.

See Dorland's: Preventing VS by educating OBs (also: New defn of chiro in
Dorland's)

Sacral indicates sacrum. If the mother is placed ON her sacrum, it can't
move back like it's supposed to - it's THAT simple. Semisitting just puts
the mother on her sacrum with MORE FORCE.

As for credible OB/GYNs...

The authors of Williams Obstetrics are SORT of credible...

At my request, they printed "my" biomechanics but they left in their text
(in the same paragraph!) the "dorsal widens" bald lie that first called my
attention to their text.

"Incidentally, the authors of Williams Obstetrics started telling their
'dorsal widens' bald lie in the 70s when Ohlsén pointed out that they were
erroneously claiming that the pelvic diameters don't change! [Ohlsén H.
Moulding of the pelvis during labour. Acta Radiol Diag
1973;14:417-434]...This bizarre obstetric behavior is REALLY bizarre when
one realizes that it was J. Whitridge Williams, MD of Johns Hopkins - the
ORIGINAL AUTHOR of Williams Obstetrics - who first called attention to the
fact that the pelvic diameters DO change - massively in some women."

"My" biomechanics as stated in Williams Obstetrics (without attribution) are
reproduced below.

You might try Jason Gardosi, MD of England...

As the director of the British National Health
Service/NHS West Midlands Perinatal
Institute/WMPI/Jason Gardosi, MD, Director writes of the semirecumbent
delivery position (semisitting):

"...the weight of the mother is in part taken on the sacrum which is
therefore pushed upwards, thus decreasing the antero-posterior diameter of
the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.wmpi.net/reviews/oe/oe_shoulder_dystocia.htm

The funny thing is, Jason also *recommends* semisitting (closing the birth
canal) - or used to!

Jason and his fellow British OB pal Malcolm Griffiths once got me censored
from an international OB/GYN listserv - but fortunately not before two of my
posts were archived thereon:
http://forums.obgyn.net/forums/ob-gy...9707/0128.html
http://forums.obgyn.net/ob-gyn-l/OBGYNL.9707/0153.html

If you are ever interested in some entertaining obstetric reading, check out
Jason's 1989 Lancet "randomised controlled trial of squatting" - where
nobody squatted!

THE PACIORNIKS

Of course, women do NOT have to squat to get the "extra" up to 30% of pelvic
outlet area - but if you are interested in THE squatting delivery
aficionados - contact Brazilian obstetrician Claudio Paciornik, MD and his
father, Prof. Dr. Moyses Paciornik - also an obstetrician. I mentioned the
Paciorniks in my two OBGYN-List posts, just cited. Incidentally, when The
Lancet published Samra, Tang and Ohbrai's echo of Gardosi's temporary
insanity that sedentary women can't squat well enough to deliver in the
squatting position - Moyses sent The Lancet a report of 20,000 squatting
deliveries - and The Lancet rejected it! So I advised Moyses to submit it
to Birth and it was published alongside my description of the grisly
biomechanics of semisitting delivery. See Paciornik and Gastaldo letters in
Birth 1992;19(4):230-31.

BTW, Moyses pointed out that OBs are closing birth canals before I did; and
many people did so before him.

In 1913, Harvard obstetrician Arthur B. Emmons, MD wrote:

"[M]oving backward of the tip of the sacrum...enlarges the available space
not merely directly in proportion to the distance backward, but more nearly
by the square of that distance." [Emmons, AB. A study of the variations in
the female pelvis, based on observations made on 217 specimens of the
American Indian squaw. Biometrika 1913; 9:34-47.]

In 1993, at my request, the authors of Williams Obstetrics noted the grisly
biomechanics of semisitting and dorsal delivery:

"[i]ncrease in the diameter of the pelvic outlet occurs **only** if the
sacrum is allowed to rotate posteriorly, that is, only if the sacrum is not
forced anteriorly by the weight of the maternal pelvis against the delivery
table or bed."
[Cunningham, MacDonald, Leveno, Gant and Gilstrap - at Gastaldo's request -
without attribution - Williams Obstetrics. Appleton-Lange 1993:285,
**italics in original - see also subsequent editions including the 2001
edition]

BUT...

They left in their text - in the
same paragraph (!) - the "dorsal widens" bald lie that first called my
attention to their text!!
http://home1.gte.net/gastaldo/part2ftc.html

FACT: Dorsal (and semisitting) deliveries CLOSE the birth canal up to 30%!

Most American OB/GYNs are affiliated with the American College of
Obstetricians and Gynecologists/ACOG...

In ACOG's Shoulder Dystocia Drill video, American MDs purport to tell each
other how to allow birth canals to open maximally when shoulders get stuck -
which means MDs know they are CLOSING birth canals most of the time.

THE KICKER...

ACOG's method of allowing the birth canal to open actually
keeps it closed!

See ACOG birth crime video evidence
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2300

Anthony, the biomechanics are truly simple. I think what you really need is
a BRAVE OB/GYN.

I don't think OB/GYNs *want* to ignore the medical literature (and simple
biomechanics) and close birth canals.

I think they HAVE to close birth canals because it's such obvious criminal
negligence that stopping it will be tantamount to admitting it.

So what you need, Anthony, is a BRAVE OB/GYN - a man willing to speak up and
render his whole profession susceptible to criminal prosecution and massive
civil liability.

I would be glad to testify, but I'm just the lowly doctor of chiropractic
who caught the OB/GYN authors of Williams Obstetrics in their "dorsal
widens" bald lie (see above) - and unfortunately they didn't have the common
decency to mention my name!

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS Anthony, I am responding in this Open Letter in hopes it will be
forwarded around and hopefully a suitable "credible" OB/GYN will pop out of
the woodwork for you.

Have you asked anyone in your "elite nationwide network of consultants
including physicians, who are nationally recognized experts in such fields
as obstetrics..."?
http://www.mancinilaw.com/site/epage/13378_413.htm

Just a thought. Again, good luck!

As noted above, this email will be instantly archived for global access at:

Within 24 hours it will be in the Google groups archive. Search
http://groups.google.com for "Attorney looking for 'credible' OB/GYNs..."

I subsequently wrote in another post...

The guilty party is the SYSTEM that has attorneys and juries needing a
CULTURAL AUTHORITY OB/GYN before they can recognize an obvious lie.

BTW, I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. MDs are just academic
prime cuts forced through this culture's most powerful mental meatgrinder -
medical school. That's how they become CULTURAL AUTHORITIES.

Pardons in advance for MDs will allow them to keep working so they have
money to pay the massive civil damages that are inevitable if Attorney
Mancini ever finds his "credible" OB/GYN. : )

ATTORNEY MANCINI...

Years ago when I went before the California Medical Board with the simple
grisly biomechanics, Richard Ikeda, MD, then-Medical Director of the Medical
Board had told me that he agreed with my biomechanics but there was nothing
he could do because closing birth canals up to 30% was the "community norm."
(!)

I don't think *any* OB/GYNs are "credible" if they remain silent as their
fellow OB/GYNs knowingly close birth canals up to 30%.

Anthony, I hope you don't go silent like Dr. Nath....

See Silent Dr. Nath: BPI malpractice suits as prevention
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2357

If no OB/GYNs will speak out - and that's been the medico-"legal" game for
years - then you might see if a jury will consider the obvious lie in a
certain paragraph in Williams Obstetrics mentioned in my initial post to
you [see above]. Dorsal delivery cannot possibly both open and close
the birth canal. Dorsal delivery CLOSES the birth canal - [so does
semisitting] - and the
biomechanics are SIMPLE - self-evident - res ipsa loquitur - the thing
itself speaks (did I spell/translate that right?)... If you cannot find a
"credible" OB/GYN to demonstrate the simple biomechanics to a jury using a
plastic model pelvis - I would be glad to do so. Actually, I am confident
that ANY doctor of chiropractic could do so. Actually, I think any MOTHER
could do so - after about 5 minutes of instruction.

Copied to: Anthony Mancini
Law Offices of Anthony Mancini, Ltd. via

MOTHERS TO SHOW JURIES?

To Clare and other mothers of babies with permanent birth injuries: If you
gave birth on your back - if you and your baby were subjected to BAD
McRoberts (see URL above) - please DO show this post to your
solicitor/attorney. Clare, I am so sorry your baby was injured. The sooner
juries are shown the ghastly birth-canal-closing truth about medical birth -
the sooner the mass obstetric travesty can end. There is no GUARANTEE that
allowing the birth canal to open maximally would have prevented your child's
injury - but WHY are we letting obstetricians BLAME BABIES for being too big
as they senselessly make some pelvic outlets so much smaller - up to 30%
smaller?

Sometimes brachial plexus injury happens after CESAREANS performed because
of "cephalopelvic disproportion"...

According to Bhat et al. [Indian J Pediatr. 1995 Mar-Apr;62(2):207-12,
PubMed abstract],

"Injuries to brachial plexus and facial nerve were seen even in babies born
by caesarean section, when it was performed for obstructed labour caused by
cephalo-pelvic disproportion and abnormal presentations."

LADIES: If you had a cesarean and the OB/GYN said there was "cephalopelvic
disproportion" - REMEMBER - the baby's head ("cephalo") is just one part of
the equation! They don't call it cephaloPELVIC disproportion for nothing!
WHY are we letting obstetricians CAUSE cephalopelvic disproportion then
peform cesareans BEcause of cephalopelvic disproportion? If your
attorney/solicitor cannot find a "credible" OB/GYN to testify as a jury
considers compensation for your baby - please consider showing the jury
yourselves. The biomechanics are SIMPLE! If you don't believe me, take
this post to most any DC/doctor of chiropractic. Most DCs have a life-size
plastic pelvis model for demonstration purposes. In 5 minutes, YOU can
learn how to demonstrate to a jury how obstetricians are closing birth
canals. It's EASY!