Yikes... Good Idea. Bad Idea.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 8th 06, 08:47 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default Yikes... Good Idea. Bad Idea.

In *your* opinion, as always!
This kinda came up in another group, and since I feel it kinda has to do
with possibly experiences some *here* might have had, I thought I'd bring it
up.

Well, as it is...

I was talking to a girl friend a while back when I was wondering where on
earth another baby is going to go in this place. No extra bedrooms to make
it simple, of course, moving is not an option just yet or any time soon.
Friend suggested that I change rooms with the baby. The master bedroom is,
by far, the biggest room, and it does seem to make the most sense to put 2
babies in the biggest room - there will be room for 2 cribs, dressers,
change tables, clothes (it's a double sized closet), and all the baby stuff.
This is the plan I have and am going to go with.

Now my question is...
Should I change rooms around sooner or later? Before or after there's
another baby? I plan to keep the newborn in the room with me in a
basinette - probably the first 2 or so months, anyways, which will bring me
to around Christmas or so.

A is 13 months now. She'll be 15 months when the next one comes. At her
age, will she really care about what room she has? Will she notice a
difference in surroundings or anything like that? Is she old enough to even
understand anything? Would she currently be sensing any stress going on
around lately, and would changing rooms at this point (or soon) add to
anything?

I want to paint the master bedroom in the same way I painted her room
originally, as I really like it and think it might make it feel more
familiar to her. Should I give her the next 3-4 months or so to adjust to a
new room by herself or wait until I actually *need* to change rooms - or
would it be worst to not only change bedrooms on her, but also have her
basically out of nowhere have to share a room with someone else? Should I
leave things be? I think it would be a lot easier to paint a bedroom before
I have a second baby to deal with as well, and in the next little while, the
room can air out a bit and get sorted out. Should I change rooms and put
her crib in the master bedroom soon and also set up the second crib and
leave it in there empty or wait for that?

I'm just trying to figure out what the easiest way to do this would be
without causing her any headaches on top of anything around home already.
I'm sure she senses any stress, which I try to keep under control,
obviously, and I don't want to be adding to anything if possible.

What to do?