But It's Sooooo Expensive...!

Old May 23rd 04, 06:31 PM
bob

Default But It's Sooooo Expensive...!

Rabbit wrote:

They want to pass a law up here that children too big for baby seats, but
too small for regular seatbelts, will need a booster seat when riding in a
car.

One of the opposition parties went on TV to argue against it. The main
reason? "These seats aren't twenty or thirty dollars! In most stores these
seats are ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! We don't want people to have to spend that
much money!"

Their way around it? "If we lead the government, we'll work toward people
having fewer collisions!"

The most precious thing in the world, until ya gotta reach in your pocket
and pay for them ...

Rabbit

Old May 23rd 04, 06:57 PM
Clisby

bob wrote:
Rabbit wrote:

They want to pass a law up here that children too big for baby seats, but
too small for regular seatbelts, will need a booster seat when riding in a
car.

One of the opposition parties went on TV to argue against it. The main
reason? "These seats aren't twenty or thirty dollars! In most stores these
seats are ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! We don't want people to have to spend that
much money!"

Since I always sympathize with the desire not to spend too much money,
I'll point out that you can indeed get car booster seats for $20 or $30
in the U.S.

Clisby

Old May 23rd 04, 07:05 PM
Banty

In article , Clisby says...

bob wrote:
Rabbit wrote:

They want to pass a law up here that children too big for baby seats, but
too small for regular seatbelts, will need a booster seat when riding in a
car.

One of the opposition parties went on TV to argue against it. The main
reason? "These seats aren't twenty or thirty dollars! In most stores these
seats are ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! We don't want people to have to spend that
much money!"

Since I always sympathize with the desire not to spend too much money,
I'll point out that you can indeed get car booster seats for $20 or $30
in the U.S.

And I'll point out that this thread was lifted (although this time not
crossposted to) the alt.support.childfree 'group. For someone's amusement, I
guess.

Banty

Old May 23rd 04, 08:56 PM
Clisby

Banty wrote:
In article , Clisby says...

bob wrote:

Rabbit wrote:

They want to pass a law up here that children too big for baby seats, but
too small for regular seatbelts, will need a booster seat when riding in a
car.

One of the opposition parties went on TV to argue against it. The main
reason? "These seats aren't twenty or thirty dollars! In most stores these
seats are ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! We don't want people to have to spend that
much money!"

Since I always sympathize with the desire not to spend too much money,
I'll point out that you can indeed get car booster seats for $20 or $30
in the U.S.

And I'll point out that this thread was lifted (although this time not
crossposted to) the alt.support.childfree 'group. For someone's amusement, I
guess.

Banty

Yep, I noticed that too.

Clisby

Old May 24th 04, 03:51 AM
Nan

On Sun, 23 May 2004 22:56:11 -0400, "TOE"
wrote:

Clisby, Guess what? I got a fever and the only prescription is more
cowbell:

Since I always sympathize with the desire not to spend too much money,
I'll point out that you can indeed get car booster seats for $20 or $30
in the U.S.

It very easy to find a free seat as well. The company
I work for gave away a free seat for anyone who
showed up for a 10 minute lecture on automotive safety.

-TOE

Many local Health Departments also do this.
The parent is required to attend a half hour class on car seat safety.

Nan