Man shoots at noisy teenagers, killing one

Old February 23rd 04, 05:13 PM
jaybird

Default Man shoots at noisy teenagers, killing one

"karen" wrote in message

Well you're crazy

how so

and your grammar sucks.

im not here for grammar lessons

I'm really surprised that you
people took that as a literal translation.

im surprised that a decent parent/person would blab such crap

I thought it was quite expressive.

The point was to express that a
child, no matter what age, shouldn't even think about talking to their
parents like that.

my point is children should be treated with respect and many times react

they they are treated/raised.
treat with respect and they learn how to treat others with respect. you
wanna point fingers, then point them towards the parents where the blame
belongs the vast majority of the time

I completely agree that respect is one of the most important aspects.
Respect is taught and earned and is given by both the parents and the
children. The problem is when incidents of disrespect occur. That's when a
parent has to step in and be a parent. The blame of failing to correct
behavior is on mom and/or dad.

--
---
jaybird

Old February 23rd 04, 09:23 PM
P. Tierney

"jaybird" wrote in message

"P. Tierney" wrote in message

"jaybird" wrote in message
news

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
jaybird wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message

No kidding. I'd have knocked him smooth out if he had talked

back
to me
like that. That's what I'd have gotten at that age.

AND

I agree. Beating, torturing, and abusing children does cause long

term
damage. However, discipline is an essential element to the growth of

child.

I think that the "I'd have knocked him out smooth", from your
first post, falls under the "beating" category that you say, in
your latest post, causes "long term damage". And I agree.

Wow... you took that literally?

Wow... you've not read these newsgroups much, have you? ;-)
A lot of people think that way. This thread is old, so I'm going by
memory, but I'm fairly sure that some of the posters have written
something similar, and meant it. But you didn't. Point taken.

It was meant more as a way of expressing
that a kid should never talk to their parents the way that one did no

matter
what age they are.

I agree. Nearly everyone would, in fact. But how it should be
dealt with, when it doesn't happen as it should, is the point of
much contention.

P. Tierney

Old February 23rd 04, 09:29 PM
P. Tierney

"jaybird" wrote in message

"karen" wrote in message
No kidding. I'd have knocked him smooth out if he had talked back to

me
like that. That's what I'd have gotten at that age.

im obviously missing a lot of posts. i jsut did a google and read the

story
about the above header.
some comments...
1. no body has a right to shoot at noisy teens or anybody else for being
noisy.
2. no adult should ever consider knocking a kid smooth out for talking

back.
3."thats what i'd have gotten at his age"...looks like you would have
learned from your parents mistakes rather than continuing the ****ed up
cycle. thats why kids are the way they are today, for the most part,

parents
suck and are clueless, imho

Well you're crazy and your grammar sucks. I'm really surprised that you
people took that as a literal translation.

You've gotten the reaction that you've received from some
because people express comments like that, literally, all the
time. You didn't. Fine. But winks and nudges don't come
across very well on the usenet, so I'm not surprised at all
that some took you literally. Lots of people think that kids
should be "knocked around" when they act in certain ways.

P. Tierney

Old February 23rd 04, 09:30 PM
jaybird

"P. Tierney" wrote in message

jaybird wrote:

[...]

Ok, I think I understand now. You're right, I haven't read these newsgroups
much; I came in from the crosspost to alt.law.enforcement. My original post
about knocking the kid out was just an expression of my shock if my kid said
that to me and the mental picture, not describing a literal reaction.

--
---
jaybird

Old February 24th 04, 01:27 AM
Harry K

"Steve Furbish" wrote in message ...
"P. Tierney" wrote in message

I think that the "I'd have knocked him out smooth", from your
first post, falls under the "beating" category that you say, in
your latest post, causes "long term damage". And I agree.

P. Tierney

The original poster said her son was 21 and not employed by choice, but then
later figured out the meaning of life when he had to start actually going to
work and earning a living. Looks like he learned his lesson in respect for
others only after it adversely impacted him. Too often that's the case these
days and it's usually the parents fault, IMO.

Steve

Yep, if you wait until the teen years to try teaching stuff they
should learn at 6 it is a hopeless project.

Harry K
Old February 24th 04, 03:26 AM
R. Steve Walz

jaybird wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message

No kidding. I'd have knocked him smooth out if he had talked back

to me
like that. That's what I'd have gotten at that age.

jaybird
--------------
You would have gotten your face smashed and your ass kicked, and
that's what you'd get nowadays if you tried it. Kids don't put up
with that **** anymore, they beat the crap out of you or burn your
house down. Good ****ing riddance to **** like you!
Steve

Views like that are why so many kids grow up to be turds.

-----------------
Nope, your sort cause that. You have a simplistic view of people,
especially kids only a few years younger than YOU surely are.
These are full-grown adults who can kill you. Be nice or be dead.

It may seem simplistic to you, but it results in well behaved
kids for me.

----------------
Until they self-destruct and kill you. It's like winding your toys
too tight, you dip****.

It's true that if
kids grow up thinking they can get away with doing whatever they want
including talking back like these kids did, then you have a point.

------------------
The point is cause and effect. Torture a child, make a monster.
If you beat a kid, he will either beat you until you are humiliated,
or he will destroy society as hard as he can and destroy his own
children. Monsters are CAUSED by abuse, abuse is NOT the remedy.

I agree. Beating, torturing, and abusing children does cause long term
damage. However, discipline is an essential element to the growth of a
child.

----------------
The meaning of the Latin word "disciplina", from which it derives,
is a practice or effort of one's own, like yoga. The use in western
English to mean abuse to control is a mis-use.

"Discipline is never conducted upon another person, but by the
person upon themself." Cicero

Kids put up with what you tell them they will put up with; that's
why they're kids and the adults are parents.
jaybird

--------------------
You're an idiot simpleton and you have no kids, we can tell.
I'm 54 with two kids now in their late twenties and early thirties.

Congratulations.

-------------------
And I do know better than you do, like it or not.

Kids will punish you and destroy your life ten-fold over anything
you do to them that is cruel or ignores their rights and their
requirement that you respect them as equals. It's like trying to
catch a hand grenade and paint it while it's exploding. It will
expand every crime against it into your worst nightmare.

Cruelty has no place in raising a child.
Allowing them to do whatever they
want whenever they want is

-----------------
Socratic. Responsible. The lesser stupidity a parent can pursue.

just as cruel since that's not how it is once
they hit the real world.

------------------------
Nope. Letting them experiment before they are reliant upon their
efforts is how they learn what works. That is what homelife with
parents is for, not to experience being abused, humiliated, and
dishonored by the inhumane insult of a larger person trying vainly
to control them like a robot to please an immature adult's vanity
and superstitions.

If you carry your stupidity into a marriage your life will turn
to ****.

Really? I seem to be doing just fine.

-------------------------------
Self-destruction takes time for both people to get to the end of
their rope.

I am not the cause of your problems.
My actions are the result of your actions.
Your life is not my fault.

-------------------
Not true at all. You must be stupid to believe such hogwash!
Followed carefully that philosophy will land you in prison!

The truth is, we are each other's problems, we are all the
results of each other on an ongoing basis, and you're at fault
for each and every injustice you permit, and they will kill
you faster than even your own solitary stupidities, and you'll
say, "but I didn't..." as you die.
Steve

You're either really deep, or have a few mental issues.

---------------
Think: Former.

There seems to be a
facination with death and destruction in your posts.
jaybird

--------------------
Historicity is the normal human preoccupation for those of us
with most of a life behind them. We see all life dramas for
the vitally important and meaningful epics they are. Life is
a matter of each character's development of character, wisdom,
and their loyalty to the demands of love.
Steve
Old February 24th 04, 03:31 AM
R. Steve Walz

Steve Furbish wrote:

"P. Tierney" wrote in message

I think that the "I'd have knocked him out smooth", from your
first post, falls under the "beating" category that you say, in
your latest post, causes "long term damage". And I agree.

P. Tierney

The original poster said her son was 21 and not employed by choice, but then
later figured out the meaning of life when he had to start actually going to
work and earning a living. Looks like he learned his lesson in respect for
others only after it adversely impacted him. Too often that's the case these
days and it's usually the parents fault, IMO.

Steve

---------------
What causes kids to resist learning important lessons till later is
being bullied about it all early by an idiot parent with a defective
sense of cause and effect. Dishonoring a person will always cause
them to hate and distrust you. Respecting their decisions is the
only way to get kids to turn around and face the twisting road to
their future and learn from it, instead of turning around with their
hand on the wheel of their life to try to scream insults at you for
insulting and dishonoring them, and smashing into parked cars.
Steve
Old February 24th 04, 03:35 AM
R. Steve Walz

jaybird wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message

No kidding. I'd have knocked him smooth out if he had talked

back
to me
like that. That's what I'd have gotten at that age.

AND

I agree. Beating, torturing, and abusing children does cause long term
damage. However, discipline is an essential element to the growth of a
child.

I think that the "I'd have knocked him out smooth", from your
first post, falls under the "beating" category that you say, in
your latest post, causes "long term damage". And I agree.

Wow... you took that literally? It was meant more as a way of expressing
that a kid should never talk to their parents the way that one did no matter
what age they are.

--
---
jaybird

-------------------
They SHOULD speak to their parents any ****ing way they WANT to, since
anything they say to their parents, and any manner in which they say
it, is most CERTAINLY DESERVED by their parents in response to THEIR
PARENTS' MISDEEDS!

If you would be respected, honored, and loved, do those things to
those you expect it from, especially if you're the only ones who
are raising them!!!! If you don't GET it, you didn't DESERVE IT!!!
Steve
Old February 24th 04, 03:36 AM
R. Steve Walz

jaybird wrote:

[...]

------------
It's every bit as offensive as racism and Nazi-ism.
Steve
Old February 24th 04, 03:36 AM
R. Steve Walz

jaybird wrote:

"karen" wrote in message
I agree. Beating, torturing, and abusing children does cause long term
damage. However, discipline is an essential element to the growth of a
child.

since when is knocking a kid to the ground discipline?

LOL. Since when has a comment like that been taken literally?
jaybird

By every child ever born, thou ignorant fool!
Steve