Vitamin C makes vaccination unecessary

Old January 18th 06, 07:51 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Vitamin C makes vaccination unecessary

snipped crossposting

Michelle J. Haines wrote:

I've had five, one of whom died of pneumococcal meningitis the year
before Prevnar was released, and two of whom have RAD. We vaccinate, on
schedule, and get yearly flu shots.

One small grave is more than enough.

Oh Michelle, I had no idea. I am so very, very sorry.

Amy

Old January 18th 06, 08:12 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Amy wrote:

Oh Michelle, I had no idea. I am so very, very sorry.

Thank you.

It's one of the reasons you find me on the pro side of the vaccination
argument. Well, and I'm an Ignorant Foot Soldier of the Medical Cartel
(as someone has in her .sig), given that I'm EMT trained, you know.

Michelle
Flutist
Old January 19th 06, 01:26 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Michelle J. Haines wrote:
Amy wrote:

Oh Michelle, I had no idea. I am so very, very sorry.

Thank you.

It's one of the reasons you find me on the pro side of the vaccination
argument. Well, and I'm an Ignorant Foot Soldier of the Medical Cartel
(as someone has in her .sig), given that I'm EMT trained, you know.

I'm on the same side as you are. All one has to do is look at pictures
of what people went through before vaccines, and the choice is clear.
Unfortunately some children do have abreactions to vaccines, but that
doesn't mean that we should stop vaccinating. Some people react badly
to penicillin, too, doesn't mean that antibiotics haven't saved
millions, if not billions, of lives.

The problem is that we've grown up in a time when the major childhood
diseases of the past (polio, mumps, measels, rubella, etc.) have been
mostly eliminated in the western world, so people of childbearing age
don't remember what it was like before vaccines. We never lived in
those times. We've forgotten that when our grandparents were kids,
having a childhood friend die was a common experience, almost
universally shared. All you have to do is look at all the small graves
(as you put it) in old cemetaries to be reminded, but idiots like John
(with acute cases of paranoia, and too much free time) can't be
bothered to think about the way things used to be.

But politics aside, you've suffered an unbearable loss. I wish there
was something I could say that wouldn't sound trite and stupid, but I
can't think of anything. Just know that I'll be holding my baby a
little bit tighter next time I hold her, and I'll be thinking of you
and your baby when I do.

Hugs,
Amy