Maine DHS rape case may be revived frm 60's

Old December 26th 03, 11:39 PM
Kane

Default Maine DHS rape case may be revived frm 60's

On 26 Dec 2003 21:07:49 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

And it's obscene for you to post this to the spanking ng only. I have
cross posted to more appropriate NG venues, you Sap Dripping Stinking
Laurel.

Watch the abusive name calling on this NG. Straus says this practice

is REALLY
damaging, Cain.

I watch it very carefully, Cauliflower. You apparently do NOT. Take a
look at how I never abusively namecall nor am misleading
with......parents that come here in trouble. Unlike you and your phony
baloney cronies that want them to fail.

...You do take Straus as your Guru, do you not?

How could I do that? I've always said I do not place a lot of faith in
studies of most kinds concerning the subject of Straus' study. Embry I
respect and think his work is crucial to one issue, how to effectively
parent without pain and humiliation. Want to argue with me on that?

Then quit being a hypocrite and practice what you accuse others of.

Learns some English, Elencampe putrestri.

There is a world of difference in being offensive to children, like
you and your cronies encourage and defend, and being offensive to the
offensive....you and your cronies.

Greg kindly posted about child sexual abuse......Hmmmmm.......don't

hear any
epithets directed toward this SYSTEM ABUSE OF A CHILD:

Your defense of child abuse and your malicious attacks on real
families are one of the reasons such things as this below happen. YOU
are the obscentity, Plant. Every day you live.

As is Greegor the Whore who lives off a single mother he apparently
has conned into thinking she will get rich off suing the state....
RRR$RR

As for the article below, I've said it before in such cases. If
someone is guilty of a sex offense against a child, hang'em high.

The fact he was a foster parent and CPS worker shouldn't matter one
way or another. Would you have let him off if he were her biological
father because of his rights?

Why should I ask.....you've been seen to insist that just such vicious
abuse of children be excused because everyone is lying but the perp,
as long as it's the father. After all, he's got rights and CPS
shouldn't even take the child for an investigation....right
ASSHOLE...RIGHT?

So I ask you, Astilbe, why aren't you suggesting in this case that
everyone is lying but the perp...eh?

What a pack of dumb asses you are, the lot of you. You deserve each
other's company.

Kane

Subject: Maine DHS rape case may be revived frm 60's
From:
(Greg Hanson)
Date: 12/25/2003 11:02 AM Eastern Standard Time
http://www.centralmaine.com/news/local/252105.shtml
Woman hopeful her case will be resolved
By DOUG HARLOW Staff Writer
Blethen Maine Newspapers, Kennebec Journal and Morning Sentinel

WATERVILLE -- A woman who claims her former foster father and state
case worker sexually molested her and twice got her pregnant when

she
was a teenager in the 1960s, still hopes her case will be resolved,
despite a recent vote against her by a legislative committee.

Germaine Bell, 54, said this week she is trying to bring a lawsuit
against the state Department of Human Services and the man she said
raped her, then sent her from central Maine to California to have a
baby in 1965. Two years later, she said she became pregnant again by
the same man, who as her foster father, arranged for her to have an
illegal abortion.

Bell said the man brought her into his home after pulling strings as
her DHS child welfare worker.

"They said they were afraid of opening a can of worms if they let

this
go through," Bell said of the Joint Standing Committee on Legal and
Veteran Affairs. "Everybody and their brother would want to get on

the
bandwagon. They voted 6-5 not to allow the bill to go to the
Legislature."

The Legislature is looking at the case because state law forbids
someone from suing the state without first getting approval from the
state's ruling body, according to state Sen. Kenneth T. Gagnon,
D-Waterville who sponsored the bill to allow Bell to bring a law

suit.

Gagnon also is chairman of the Legal and Veterans Affairs committee.

"People just can't sue the state," he said. "They actually have to
have permission to sue the state and that takes the form of a bill.
Then the Legislature has to pass the bill."

Gagnon said the committee vote went against Bell because the state
statute of limitations on such crimes has expired, but there still

is
hope for a resolution that would satisfy Bell. He said that because
the vote was so close, the matter will go to the floor of the
Legislature anyway.

"We're still hoping to settle with the state -- even financially,"

he
said. "We're hoping something will be resolved with the Attorney
General before the bill reaches the floor.

"Then I'm hoping the AG can switch hats and go after this guy."

Other possibilities include a bill to lift the statute of

limitations
on child sex cases and to seek possible charges related to the

illegal
abortion, for which there is no time limit on prosecution, Gagnon
said.

Newell Auger, DHS director of legislative and public affairs,
confirmed last year that the man named by Bell indeed was a DHS

child
welfare worker from June 1960 until October 1966.

Contacted last year at his home in Cottonwood, Minn., the man, now

65
and a retired novelties salesman, denied ever having had sexual
relations with Bell. He described Bell as a troubled girl from a
family riddled with mental illness.

The Morning Sentinel is not naming the man because no charges have
been filed. Bell said she wants to find the child, a woman now 37,

and
wants accountability on the part of DHS.

Auger this week agreed with Gagnon, saying the statute of

limitations
does not allow Bell to proceed with civil or criminal complaints
against the man, but there may be another route the state can take.

"That is something we're definitely looking at, along the lines of
destruction of state property or state records," Auger said. "At
several times during her stay in foster care (he) showed her her
records -- removed records from DHS. That would certainly be

contrary
to department policy then and now."

Bell said 16 years of her DHS records are missing. DHS records for

her
sister Marie Theresa also are missing, she said. She said despite

DHS
assistance with Children's Services in California, she has not been
able to find the child born to her so many years ago.

"It was not just a case of rape," she said. "But forcing me to give

up
my daughter and forced to have an illegal abortion."

Auger said if there is a pattern of missing documents and records,

DHS
will try to find other people for whom the man was a case worker in
the 1960s. He said if Germaine Bell is able to sue the state it

would
put DHS in an awkward position while trying to help Bell find her
daughter and bring her former foster father to justice.

"We do not dispute anything Germaine has said," Auger said. "We
testified neither for nor against this bill. If Germaine Bell was to
sue the state, that would put DHS in a very unenviable position --

on
the same side as her former foster father."

Old December 27th 03, 12:04 AM
Banty

Default Maine DHS rape case thread may be revived frm 60's, and crossposted all over heck

In article , Kane says...

.... stuff we really don't need to hassle about all over USENET...

Old December 30th 03, 12:44 AM
Jack

This NG if filled with so much hate and sarcasm that it wasnt even worth the
time to take a look at all the garbage spewing from everyones fingertips.
And by the way...Dont bother to try and reply to my ramblings because I wont
be back in to read any of this crap.
om...

From:
(Greg Hanson)

Old December 30th 03, 01:30 AM
Col. RJ

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:44:19 GMT, "Jack"
wrote:

This NG if filled with so much hate and sarcasm that it wasnt even worth the
time to take a look at all the garbage spewing from everyones fingertips.
And by the way...Dont bother to try and reply to my ramblings because I wont
be back in to read any of this crap.

So leave and don't let the cyber door hit you on the ass as you leave.

--

* All quotations from the Encyclopedia Galactica here
reproduced are taken from the 116th Edition published