Did I hold DS to long?

Old November 28th 04, 09:03 PM
Shelley

Default Did I hold DS to long?

Yesterday I took DS (almost 3) to the Christmas Parade. It was just the two
of us as DH was working. He really enjoyed it but I had to hold him almost
the entire time as the kids in front were too tall and he couldn't see. It
was really tiring for me as he is 35lbs and it was for about 45 minutes.
Today my baby doesn't seem as active as normal. Do you think that its just
a coincidence or could I have put some sort of stress on the baby by lifting
DS that long? I am ~23 weeks. I lift DS all the time but not usually for
that long. Any comments?

Shelley
Mom to Jacob (Jan/02)
edd Mar 30/05

Old November 29th 04, 06:01 AM
Nikki

Shelley wrote:
Yesterday I took DS (almost 3) to the Christmas Parade. It was just
the two of us as DH was working. He really enjoyed it but I had to
hold him almost the entire time as the kids in front were too tall
and he couldn't see. It was really tiring for me as he is 35lbs and
it was for about 45 minutes. Today my baby doesn't seem as active as
normal. Do you think that its just a coincidence or could I have put
some sort of stress on the baby by lifting DS that long? I am ~23
weeks. I lift DS all the time but not usually for that long. Any
comments?

I regularly carried by toddler around for when I was 23 weeks. He probably
wasn't quite that heavy but I carried him longer and more often. Every
thing was fine.

--
Nikki

Old November 29th 04, 06:46 AM
Mamma Mia

maybe you did over do it a bit, but if you are worried about your baby not
moving as much you should ring your doc or whoever

Old November 29th 04, 09:41 AM
Anne Rogers

depending on the position you were holding him in it might have caused the
baby to move into a position where you can't feel the movements as much

Old November 29th 04, 03:06 PM
Kaybee

I don't think that you over did it. There will be days that you wont feel
the baby move all the time. But then if you are worried about it call your
doctor. He may say you are ok or he may have you come in.

Hope all goes well for you

Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

Old November 29th 04, 03:51 PM
Welches

"Shelley" wrote in message
Yesterday I took DS (almost 3) to the Christmas Parade. It was just the
two
of us as DH was working. He really enjoyed it but I had to hold him
almost
the entire time as the kids in front were too tall and he couldn't see.
It
was really tiring for me as he is 35lbs and it was for about 45 minutes.
Today my baby doesn't seem as active as normal. Do you think that its
just
a coincidence or could I have put some sort of stress on the baby by
lifting
DS that long? I am ~23 weeks. I lift DS all the time but not usually for
that long. Any comments?

I doubt it. At 36 weeks I carried #1 across town for about 20 minutes. She
would have been about 35lb at the time and was tired so was flopped on me,
not holding herself up.
At 23 weeks I would have carried her around more than that.
Debbie

Old November 29th 04, 04:35 PM
Elle

"Shelley" wrote in message ...
Yesterday I took DS (almost 3) to the Christmas Parade. It was just the two
of us as DH was working. He really enjoyed it but I had to hold him almost
the entire time as the kids in front were too tall and he couldn't see. It
was really tiring for me as he is 35lbs and it was for about 45 minutes.
Today my baby doesn't seem as active as normal. Do you think that its just
a coincidence or could I have put some sort of stress on the baby by lifting
DS that long? I am ~23 weeks. I lift DS all the time but not usually for
that long. Any comments?

--

I don't know about the holding the toddler part but I think it is
quite normal for baby movements to wax and wane at 23 weeks -- they

Elle
Old November 29th 04, 05:21 PM
Shelley

Thanks for the responses. I felt the baby move a fair amount when I
went to bed last night. I think I will try to avoid carrying DS for
that long in the future though. My back was killing me by the end.

Thanks,
Shelley
mom to Jacob (2.75)
edd mar 30/05