questions about the mirena

Old April 4th 06, 02:25 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default questions about the mirena

So, since I am close to getting an IUD, I'd like a little assurance that it
really is the way to go. I've heard alot of people say they loved it, but I
feel a little uneasy about having semi-permanent hardware hanging out in my
insides... The things I am most worried about are pain/discomfort, being
able to feel it, partner being able to feel it, more severe or irregular
cycles (cramps or heavier bleeding), changes in milk production and safety
long term.

Please share any good or bad experiences...

Betsy

Old April 4th 06, 04:03 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"oregonchick" wrote in message
So, since I am close to getting an IUD, I'd like a little assurance that
it really is the way to go. I've heard alot of people say they loved it,
but I feel a little uneasy about having semi-permanent hardware hanging
out in my insides... The things I am most worried about are
pain/discomfort, being able to feel it, partner being able to feel it,
more severe or irregular cycles (cramps or heavier bleeding), changes in
milk production and safety long term.

Please share any good or bad experiences...

Bliss. Utter bliss, except for that one cycle a week after.

Pop two ibuprofen before you get it installed, and if your partner stubs his
toe, let your doctor know so the strings can be trimmed.

Otherwise, bliss.

Jess

Old April 4th 06, 04:26 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"oregonchick" wrote in message
So, since I am close to getting an IUD, I'd like a little assurance that
it really is the way to go. I've heard alot of people say they loved it,
but I feel a little uneasy about having semi-permanent hardware hanging
out in my insides... The things I am most worried about are
pain/discomfort, being able to feel it, partner being able to feel it,
more severe or irregular cycles (cramps or heavier bleeding), changes in
milk production and safety long term.

Please share any good or bad experiences...

Hate mine, getting it out this month. I've had it more than a year, with
more than a year of problems. Couldn't seem to get in to see the OB
earlier, that's why it's been so long. I don't know if it's not in
properly, but at this point, I don't care to have it fixed. I just want it
out. Problems? 1)Spotting for two weeks straight each time after s*x for a
year. That part just started to get better. 2)DH can feel it in certain
positions. He said it's like hitting a needle. 3)Cramping the day after
s*x. I have to take Aleve. 4)Once, I felt like I could feel it moving
inside me while we were in action. It could have been my imagination, but
the pains are sometimes sharp now, rather than crampy. Cramps are more
frequent now, not related to periods or anything.

Old April 4th 06, 10:17 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

totally happy with it, I'd definitely recommend taking some kind of mild
pain relief before having it inserted, not because the insertion is painful
or anything, but it can cause some cramping, heck if I was a uterus and
someone shoved a coil into me, I'd cramp!

DH has never said anything about feeling it, so I presume that side of
things is fine.

Anne

Old April 4th 06, 10:53 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Pop two ibuprofen before you get it installed, and if your partner stubs
his toe, let your doctor know so the strings can be trimmed.

um, what? stubs/toe/strings??? is that sneaky talk for something else?

chris

Old April 4th 06, 11:32 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

oregonchick writes:

So, since I am close to getting an IUD, I'd like a little assurance that
it really is the way to go. I've heard alot of people say they loved it,
but I feel a little uneasy about having semi-permanent hardware hanging
out in my insides... The things I am most worried about are
pain/discomfort, being able to feel it, partner being able to feel it,
more severe or irregular cycles (cramps or heavier bleeding), changes in
milk production and safety long term.

Please share any good or bad experiences...

I know someone IRL who got pregnant with one (a mirena, specifically) in,
since you ask. She was very happy with it until then, as I understand it.

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

Old April 4th 06, 01:03 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Nina Pretty Ballerina" wrote in message
u...

Pop two ibuprofen before you get it installed, and if your partner stubs
his toe, let your doctor know so the strings can be trimmed.

um, what? stubs/toe/strings??? is that sneaky talk for something else?

I think Jess means if he takes a trip to Bangkok they should trim the
luggage labels.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old April 4th 06, 04:34 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I know someone IRL who got pregnant with one (a mirena, specifically) in,
since you ask. She was very happy with it until then, as I understand it.

but then anyone posting on here at thr relevant times knows someone who got
pregnant after sterilisation (by an implant procedure, of which I forget the
name), what's crucial is to look at the rates, I'm fairly sure it's better
than the correct use of either the combined, or mini pill, and that's not
allowing for the fact that 100% correct use is rare.

Cheers

Anne

Old April 4th 06, 08:57 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Mum of Two" wrote in message

I think Jess means if he takes a trip to Bangkok they should trim the
luggage labels.

Hehehehehehehe!!!!

--
Pip

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - 21 March 02 -
"I'm a big girl cause I go to school kindy"

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - 3 Feb 05 -
Took her first steps on her 1st Birthday.

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

Old April 4th 06, 10:51 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
I think Jess means if he takes a trip to Bangkok they should trim the
luggage labels.

****.

Years reading newsgroups, and you're the first person *ever* to make me
spew. *LOL*

Jess

Mirena questions Emily Pregnancy 10 November 5th 05 09:06 AM
Misc.kids FAQ-Potential Pediatrician Questions [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 July 31st 05 05:24 AM
Another child killed in kincare Kane Spanking 26 February 17th 04 05:30 PM
Misc.kids FAQ-Potential Pediatrician Questions [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 February 16th 04 09:59 AM
Another child killed in kincare Kane General 39 February 12th 04 06:55 PM