Mirena IUD

Old June 16th 04, 11:03 PM
chelms72

Default Mirena IUD

Has anyone had any negative side effects using the Mirena IUD?

I've done a search on the internet and I've only found positive posts.

I had the procedure 3 months ago and have experienced quite a lot of
difficulty with excessive bleeding and debilitating cramps.

Dawn

Old June 16th 04, 11:40 PM
Clisby

chelms72 wrote:
Has anyone had any negative side effects using the Mirena IUD?

I've done a search on the internet and I've only found positive posts.

I had the procedure 3 months ago and have experienced quite a lot of
difficulty with excessive bleeding and debilitating cramps.

Dawn

I had one inserted in Jan., and have had no negative side effects.

Clisby

Old June 17th 04, 05:22 AM
Jennifer and Robert Howe

I didn't have a mirena I had a copper T and hated it for the simple fact I
had cramps to where i was in bed for almost the entire time not even tylenol
would help.
in fact I just had mine taken out not long ago.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
lkaboutparenting.com...

Old June 17th 04, 07:29 PM
Naomi Pardue

Has anyone had any negative side effects using the Mirena IUD?

I got mine put in 5 weeks ago. I've been bleeding ever since (ranging from
heavy spotting to period-type bleeding.) Not much cramping though, after the
first few days.

I went in for my one-month follow-up on Monday, and the doc said that it was
normal, and that I should expect to see it stop within a few months. Sigh....

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)
Old June 17th 04, 08:10 PM
Serenity

I had a rotten time with mine.
Lots of pain and bleeding.
Had it out at 6 months with a nasty infection.

Old June 18th 04, 03:58 PM
Circe

Naomi Pardue wrote:
Has anyone had any negative side effects using the Mirena IUD?

I got mine put in 5 weeks ago. I've been bleeding ever since
(ranging from heavy spotting to period-type bleeding.) Not much
cramping though, after the first few days.

I went in for my one-month follow-up on Monday, and the doc said
that it was normal, and that I should expect to see it stop within
a few months. Sigh....

Have you tried high doses (800mg or so) of ibuprofen? The anti-inflammatory
properties seemed to help me stop bleeding after insertion of my copper T.
(I'd been bleeding fairly heavily for several days, took 2-3 doses of
ibuprofen, and it stopped within another day and hasn't recurred
since--except for my periods, obviously).
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

Old June 20th 04, 04:21 PM
Zaz

I had no bleeding, no cramp, and no period for over a year with mine. This
is what I will get after my pregnancy, for certain!

However, everyone is different, and what you describe are among the possible
side effects described in the pamphlet. If it is your first IUD, cramps and
bleeding could be caused by a rejection reaction from your body, which I had
with my first copper IUD. It calmed within a few months (!), but did not
come back with Mirena.

Isabelle

lkaboutparenting.com...