I'd appreciate any wisdom on type of birth...

Old November 5th 08, 09:39 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Default I'd appreciate any wisdom on type of birth...

Just FWIW: you can bathe kids/adults in breastmilk and it's totally
awesome for the skin, so instead of wasting the milk, pour it into the
bathwater ;-)

I might try that, DS does have a bit of a tendancy to dry, itchy skin.
This stuff was mostly the early stuff with colostrum still mixed in, so
I'm not sure it kept as well in the freezer as plain milk would have
done and by the time it was obvious it wasn't going to get used, I think
some of it had started to turn.

Cheers
Anne
Old November 7th 08, 03:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

Anne Rogers wrote:

I might try that, DS does have a bit of a tendancy to dry, itchy skin.
This stuff was mostly the early stuff with colostrum still mixed in, so
I'm not sure it kept as well in the freezer as plain milk would have
done and by the time it was obvious it wasn't going to get used, I think
some of it had started to turn.

If your milk did not keep as well as it should have in the freezer, it
may have high lipase content. You may need to scald it before storing it.

--Betsy
Old November 7th 08, 11:28 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

If your milk did not keep as well as it should have in the freezer, it
may have high lipase content. You may need to scald it before storing it.

I had wondered about that, but given DD was refusing to take it even
fresh, she just wouldn't take anything but my breast I didn't have to
cross that bridge.

Do you know if that's something that women are likely to have every
time, of if it can appear in one breastfeeding cycle and not another, as
I was fine with DS.

There were an awful lot of reasons for it not keeping, like it being in
a freezer that was opened and closed regularly, it being a self
defrosting freezer and possibly too near the edges, also, I think by the
time I binned it it may well have been kept too long for that kind of
freezer anyway, I'm also extremely sensitive to the smell of milk, so
fresh milk smells and tastes off to me, so I'm a very poor judge of what
it was really like, but if I don't like the smell, I'm hardly going to
wash my kids in it! Even if it would have been fine to drink, she did
eventually take a small amount, but I think it was probably fresh.

Cheers
Anne

wisdom teeth woes PK Breastfeeding 12 March 6th 06 05:49 PM
birth/newborn momento-type advice Mary S. Pregnancy 34 September 6th 04 04:12 AM
need advice about wisdom teeth removal sungoddess General 16 June 30th 04 12:09 AM
OT Wisdom tooth extraction Andrea Breastfeeding 18 April 13th 04 04:17 PM
The merital wisdom of Walz Spider Eyes Solutions 2 April 7th 04 03:13 AM