School supplies??

Old August 29th 05, 12:23 AM
Chris

Default School supplies??

Howdy! I'm looking for a bit of legal advice regarding child support.
My ex and I agreed to split the kids' secondary school related expenses
(such as year books, sports uniforms, and class trips) and I got an e-
mail today telling me that she HEARD that school supples were also
considered secondary expenses and is demanding half of what she laid
out. I thought that's why I'm paying her child support!?!?!

I know it sounds petty (rediculously so), but unless I take a stand on
this the next thing I'll get is a bill for half a pair of shoes because
the kids wear shoes to school or get a bill for half a box of tissues
because the kid gets a cold and we agreed to split out of pocket medical
expenses.

If ANYONE knows of an online link that determines whether basic school
supplies are considered "primary" or "secondary" expenses, PLEASE let me
know. I mean, it's not like pens & pencils are optional... LOL

--

Chris
http://www.choxnpinz.com
Old August 29th 05, 12:44 AM
Moon Shyne

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Wouldn't it be better for everyone if you and your wife simply supplied your
child with the school supplies he/she needs? Seems to me that sports is far
more optional, and a whole lot less of a necessity than school supplies.

--

Chris
http://www.choxnpinz.com

Old August 29th 05, 01:37 AM
Werebat

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I'd like to preface this with a warning to the OP that Moon Shyne is a
sociopathic kook who generally should not be listened to. If you don't
believe me, just run a short Google search using her name. You won't
find her original posts -- she X-No-Archives them -- but you will find
other women some time ago and decided to post their personal information
to "sex wanted" websites. She's a real sicko.

HOWEVER. In this case, the important thing really is your kids. I
think legally, you might be right, but you've got to look at the big
picture. What will happen if you refuse to give her the money? Will
she accept that, or get angry and use the kids to lash out at you (by
denying access, etc)?

At the same time, if you give an inch, she'll most certainly move on the
the NEXT thing she wants from you. You're in a tight spot, and it's a
tough balancing act for you because the law really isn't on your side.
No one will care if she stops "permitting" visitation. Oh, they'll SAY
it's illegal, but they won't DO anything. Not like they will if you
stop payments.

So, in the end, only you know your own situation. I'd risk taking a
stand, and with confidence, but if it becomes apparent that she is an
unbalanced kook -- don't let her take out her anger at you on your kids.
Do what you can to appease the mad grizzly bear who has them hostage
and remember that as long as you are looking out for your kids first,
you are doing the right thing.

- Ron ^*^

Old August 29th 05, 01:46 AM
Bob Whiteside

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

The government publishes an annual report titled Expenditures on Children by
Families. This report is used by CS administrators as a secondary source to
check on the reasonableness of CS awards generated by the Income Shares
Model and other CS calculation methodologies. You can find the report on
the USDA site located at:

http://www.usda.gov/cnpp/using2.html

The report defines categories of household expenditures on children. The
category you are asking about is defined as: "Child care and education
expenses include day care tuition and supplies; baby-sitting; and elementary
and high school tuition, books, and supplies."

If your income is 50% or more of the combined incomes for both parents, you
are already paying for more than half of the secondary education expenses
for the child. Any amount paid on top of the basic CS award is really a
duplicate payment for an amount considered included in the CS calculation.

Quite frankly, you are in the same position a lot of NCP's find themselves
in, i.e. caught between being generous for their children and having ex's
who are pushing to get money for "extras" on top of the CS money already
received. It's your call on how you handle this situation.

Old August 29th 05, 02:16 AM

"Chris" wrote in

I know it sounds petty (rediculously so), but unless I take a stand on
this the next thing I'll get is a bill for half a pair of shoes because
the kids wear shoes to school or get a bill for half a box of tissues

SO what she is saying that the CS money she receives is all spent on living
expenses for the child and there is none left over for the small things like
school supplies. That's really rediculous!

How much are we talking about?

Old August 29th 05, 02:33 AM
Chris

Thank you, Bob... That's exactly what I am looking for...

--

Chris
http://www.choxnpinz.com
Old August 29th 05, 06:07 AM
LLL

Guys to anwer any of this guys questions you have to know what state
the order issued from and what the order says.

Comment: it my be cheeper to pay than to litigate.