Email problem//my emails get blocked

Old October 24th 03, 09:58 PM
Jill

Default Email problem//my emails get blocked

I use a free Yahoo email address because I got tired of losing stuff when I
change ISPs. The reply-to address is my valid email address with no spam
blocker.

However it is always shut down. 2x a day I sign in to check my mal and it
stays full of those fake Microsoft virus spams...they go automatically to
the trach can since I have them filtered but Yahoo only deletes the trash
once a month, I have to do it manually. It doesn't tale many of those emails
with their large atatchments to cause my account to fill up to its megabyte
limit and Yahoo temporarily suspens you from sending or receiving until you
delete back to under you account limit on storage.

Ugh! I can't stop these spams from flooding in and shutting my account
down...the filter only filters, there is no way to just block I should have
used a spam blocker, I'll edit my reply to address with one, but now it's
done I don't know how to get it to stop. This is a spare email for me, I
have another one, but like using this one. Oh well.

Old October 24th 03, 10:58 PM
Sue

I made a rule to take all mail that has attachments and delete it.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

m...

Old October 24th 03, 11:07 PM
JNJ

Jill wrote in message
m...
[...]

Wow! You must get a lot of spam! I have to empty my bulk and my trash at
least once a day, and that seems to take care of it for me. Also on my
yahoo account you can check all that are spam then click spam down at the
bottom by delete. Then it marks the message as spam and automatically
delets it and reports it as spam. But I don't know if it won't allow any
more messages from that addy or not. I use to get tons of spam and one day
I just sat and went the through the motions of emailing or clicking the
remove link. This is time consuming but it did work, and now I get less
spam. Also, you may want to run a virus scanner, not for the email but just
for your comp. One of our computers stared getting lots of spam and pop
ups. My husband checked it out and found that our comp was sending and
recieving information almost constantly(but we do have a cable modem so we
are always hooked up to the net.) and we had some kind of virus. Now we
have a firewall up too, but I don't think it helps spam, just pop-ups. Hope
you can get something to help you out.

Julie

Old October 25th 03, 03:52 AM
Coccinella

I have the same problem. I have to delete my SPAM folder few times a day. I
did the same . In the beginning I only reported the messages. Now I also
block them but I think the damage was done.
Hope you're luckier than me.

Nicky

Old October 29th 03, 12:46 AM
Em

"Jill" wrote in message
[...]

The hotmail account I use for posting here is a spare one for me as well. I
do have a spamblocker in it, but I still got flooded with those annoying
144k spam messages that have been going around. Anyway, no tips to share in
particular, just wanted to share that it happened to me too despite having a
spamblocker in my address!

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03