What's happening?!!!

Old November 9th 03, 11:21 AM
Andrea

Default What's happening?!!!

Hi all,

As you know I found out I was pregnant last week. On Friday I got a strong +
with clear blue, but I tested Saturday and the same test is a BFN!

I really don't understand, i'm still feeling crampy and haven't had any
spotting or bleeding. This hasn't happened before. I had a few sharp niggles
on one side last night as well as the cramping, but today it's just cramping
again.

I have a dr's appointment tommorrow, but I feel too silly to go now.

Any ideas?

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 5 months 20lbs

Old November 9th 03, 01:42 PM
Carol Ann

:: As you know I found out I was pregnant last week. On Friday I got a
strong +
:: with clear blue, but I tested Saturday and the same test is a BFN!

What is BFN?

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge

Old November 9th 03, 01:54 PM
Carol Ann

"Andrea" wrote in message

:: Hi all,
::
:: As you know I found out I was pregnant last week. On Friday I got a
strong +
:: with clear blue, but I tested Saturday and the same test is a BFN!
::
:: I really don't understand, i'm still feeling crampy and haven't had any
:: spotting or bleeding. This hasn't happened before. I had a few sharp
niggles
:: on one side last night as well as the cramping, but today it's just
cramping
:: again.
::
:: I have a dr's appointment tommorrow, but I feel too silly to go now.
::
:: Any ideas?

Can you take another at home test just to see if perhaps the BFN was due to
an error?

Old November 9th 03, 02:01 PM
Andrea

"Carol Ann" wrote in message ...
"Andrea" wrote in message

:: Hi all,

::
[...]

I did re-test and still -, and I have got my positive test as well, so
strange. Last time this happened it was a miscarriage but I bled, wheras now
I haven't.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 5 months 20lbs

Old November 9th 03, 02:19 PM
Carol Ann

:: I did re-test and still -, and I have got my positive test as well, so
:: strange. Last time this happened it was a miscarriage but I bled, wheras
now
:: I haven't.
::
:: --
:: Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 5 months 20lbs

I'm so sorry to hear about your test. It is good that you are seeing your
doctor. Then you will know for sure what is happening.

Happy healthy vibes being sent your way!

Old November 9th 03, 04:21 PM
dw

"Andrea" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

As you know I found out I was pregnant last week. On Friday I got a strong +
with clear blue, but I tested Saturday and the same test is a BFN!

I really don't understand, i'm still feeling crampy and haven't had any
spotting or bleeding. This hasn't happened before. I had a few sharp niggles
on one side last night as well as the cramping, but today it's just cramping
again.

I have a dr's appointment tommorrow, but I feel too silly to go now.

Any ideas?

Andrea,

First - you should still keep your dr.'s appt. He/she can confirm
whether or not you are pg. However, jusy FYI the same thing happened
to me last year, and it turned out to be what some refer to as a
'chemical' pg. Not all fertilized embryos are capable of forming
life, and what can happen is that the fertilized egg simple 'dies off'
rather than implant and grow. This usually means there was some sort
of genetic malfunction, and is actually a good thing. It is nature's
way of saying this life was not meant to be. I know this is probably
not comforting or what you want to hear, but I just though I would
share my experience. Another thought is that the second test may be
'bad' - this can happen with hpt's. Perhaps try another one - maybe
even a different brand - just to see what result you get. In any
event, you should discuss it with your dr. Good luck.....

Deidre
Mom to Ryan 'almost 3'
edd #2 4/3/04
Old November 9th 03, 08:15 PM
Andrea

"dw" wrote in message...
"Andrea" wrote in message ...

Hi all,

As you know I found out I was pregnant last week. On Friday I got a

strong +
with clear blue, but I tested Saturday and the same test is a BFN!

I really don't understand, i'm still feeling crampy and haven't had any
spotting or bleeding. This hasn't happened before. I had a few sharp

niggles
on one side last night as well as the cramping, but today it's just

cramping
again.

I have a dr's appointment tomorrow, but I feel too silly to go now.

[...]

Deidre,

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering if maybe I had an early ectopic? I have
tested again still negative, which is so strange after 9 positive tests.
I will go to my docs tomorrow.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 5 months 20lbs

Old November 9th 03, 08:37 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Given several positives and then two negatives, it is unlikely that the
tests are at fault. I'm afraid that especially given that your first
positives were faint this is probably failed implantation, i.e. very early
pregnancy loss. If you got your positives at say 10dpo, you would not
expect to bleed until your period would normally have been due, e.g. 14dpo,
even if you get negative tests in between.

I'm sorry, Andrea. It's probably no consolation that this is extremely
common - some very high proportion of fertilised eggs do not properly
implant, generally because of some chromosomal problem that means they
could not have developed into babies.

Sidheag

Old November 9th 03, 08:47 PM
Anne Rogers

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering if maybe I had an early ectopic? I have
tested again still negative, which is so strange after 9 positive tests.
I will go to my docs tomorrow.

yikes, how much are you spending on tests?

as far as I understand it, you can get false negatives, but not false
positives, so there is something going on.

Good Luck