Jealousy/Sharing

Old May 18th 06, 05:23 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Default Jealousy/Sharing

I have 18 mnth old twin girls. We are encountering two issues. First,
one of our daughters seems to be jealous of ur other daughter. When we
hug her she will come up and try to wedge her way in. We try to give
them both the same amount of time and attention. The other is that
they fight over everything! One daughter will ake a toy or pacifier or
blankie away from the other. Any suggestions? At what age are
time-outs appropriate? Any good books that deal with this kind of
stuff?

Old May 18th 06, 05:10 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Sorry I can't help much. My twins are 14 months old, and while they've
been taking toys from each other for some time, they're only recently
getting upset with each other about it. For now, redirecting them to a
different toy is working for us, but that can't last as I'm sure you'll
tell me. I'm interested to see what experienced parents have to say.

I am in the middle of reading the book Raising Twins by Eileen M
Pearlman and Jill Alison Ganon that may be helpful. According to what
I've been reading, it sounds like your twins are learning about their
sense of self and what's "mine".

As far as one being jealous of the other's time with you, I've found
that sometimes one of my twins needs more of my attention than the
other, so I give it to him. Next week, his sister is the one who needs
more attention, so it evens out in the end. I think their needy time
passes quicker when I give in to it. The days when they both need more
attention are the days I'm really happy to see my husband come home
from work.

Old May 27th 06, 11:50 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

i have read those two msgs up there and now i feel weired cos my fiance
is expecting twins a girl and boy but myself am already jealousy it
sounds silly in some way or what do you think? anyway is not only me
but her too but all this is because my heart is fallen for the girl and
her she says she cant wait to see that little man though am reading
books to convince myself that ababy is baby she says am kidding hey you
got 14 years looking after your twins what to i do to convince her that
am a father for both the kids but hang on what to i do when they fight
for toys? hey come on gossip they are coming july

Old June 2nd 06, 03:09 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

honestly i really like your idea to how you deal with your twins
because i think twins are kids who are more senstive when you got them
and the fact that of one them should be feeling might feel that way
that way but i think that you treat them is matter of understanding who
needs attention at first but is good experience though is only 14
months but for me from you my basket has got few ideas because my are
onthe way that's part of my preparation thnx bye