so, did everyone defect from usenet?

Old April 11th 09, 01:29 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Default so, did everyone defect from usenet?

this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did Google
Groups really kill another group off?
lee
Old April 11th 09, 05:47 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

enigma wrote:
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did Google
Groups really kill another group off?
lee

All the ads didn't help. I think a lot of people are leaving usenet for
other social networking.

Jeff
Old April 11th 09, 06:14 PM posted to misc.kids
Kat

"enigma" wrote in message
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did Google
Groups really kill another group off?
lee

Yea, I dunno! I'm still around but haven't seen anything lately It used
to be sooo busy around here until the last month or so?

Old April 11th 09, 08:09 PM posted to misc.kids
dejablues[_4_]

"enigma" wrote in message
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did Google
Groups really kill another group off?
lee

I look in every couple of days to see if there's anything besides spam and
random suspicious intros.
How's your son and your critters, lee?

Old April 11th 09, 09:13 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

"Kat" wrote in
:

"enigma" wrote in message
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did
Google Groups really kill another group off?

Yea, I dunno! I'm still around but haven't seen anything lately
It used to be sooo busy around here until the last month or
so?

yeah, i have crossposts to over 2 groups killfiled, so if anything
is coming in, it's crap & i'm not seeing it.
how's the baby? and your other 3 as well...
lee

Old April 11th 09, 09:20 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

"dejablues" wrote in
:

I look in every couple of days to see if there's anything
besides spam and random suspicious intros.
How's your son and your critters, lee?

he's still a bit too perfectionist, but he's getting better. he's
doing really well in the new school he started this year. it confirms
my suspicions that he was the class scapegoat at the old school.
he has a few things he doesn't like to do in the classroom, like
spelling, so he can take that & go to the office to work alone. he's
reading on a 9th grade level now... i've dug out a lot of my older
sci-fi & fantasy books for him.
the critters are good. we're debating getting more chickens, as we
have an aging population & eggs are a bit sparse (& the stupid rat
that eats eggs isn't helping)
lee
Old April 11th 09, 09:22 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Jeff wrote in
:

enigma wrote:
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did
Google Groups really kill another group off?

All the ads didn't help. I think a lot of people are leaving
usenet for other social networking.

i'm on facebook, twitter & ravelry, but i check in on Usenet a couple
times/day. unfortunately, it doesn't take long
lee
Old April 12th 09, 12:55 AM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

Default Migraines was so, did everyone defect from usenet?

enigma wrote:

Jeff wrote in
:

enigma wrote:
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did
Google Groups really kill another group off?

All the ads didn't help. I think a lot of people are leaving
usenet for other social networking.

i'm on facebook, twitter & ravelry, but i check in on Usenet a couple
times/day. unfortunately, it doesn't take long
lee

Some of the other newsgroups I'm on are much more active than this
one. - like rec.travel.cruises and rec.boats.cruising.

I've been joined to Facebook by my second daughter who apparently sent
out joining requests to everyone in her address book. I like it
because my children check in more often than they would otherwise call
me, and my nieces (4 of them - both sides of the family) are on there
and three of my grandsons and one cousin who are all about the same
age, and I can see what they are doing without having to ask

My oldest daughter (who will be 48 this year) called me a couple of
nights ago and says that she is getting migraines again. I didn't
realize that she had any migraines after 7th grade. At that time the
symptoms were mostly throwing up.

Now, she said that she normally just gets the visual manifestations of
a migraine (which I get sometimes too- but her visuals actually block
her vision whereas I can see past mine which means that she can't
drive until they go away). She says she gets one every two or three
years. She had a physical the next day and she's now been to a
neurologist and they want her to do an MRI and MRA which she will do.
She runs 3 miles about 3 x a week, and is in good shape otherwise, but
she's got a lot of stress at work. She thinks that in her case it's
just a migraine. Although I wonder whether she was downplaying it
because she didn't want me to be upset and whether I should be more
aggressive about asking her about it. My mother would have had a fit,
so we often didn't tell her about things like that - I don't want to
go that far.

My husband just had some endocrine blood tests and the endocrinologist
says his thyroid is low and wants him to have an MRI also. My husband
thinks that the low pituitary is because of almost zero testosterone
but he's an engineer and not a biology or medical person.

I OTOH have been feeling nauseated off and on, and I don't know
exactly why although in the past it has either been pregnancy (not a
possibility anymore) or tension. I have days when I'm miserable, and
then other days when I feel fine. I have so many various ailments
(arthritis, intermittent vertigo, nerve damage around the fourth rib
where I had shingles) that it isn't always easy to tell whether it is
something new or just the same old same old. II haven't told anyone
about it except the lady that I go to for Pilates. I am going to talk
to a lawyer on Wednesday about making a will.

Old April 12th 09, 09:10 AM posted to misc.kids
Kat

"enigma" wrote in message
"Kat" wrote in
:

"enigma" wrote in message
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did
Google Groups really kill another group off?

Yea, I dunno! I'm still around but haven't seen anything lately
It used to be sooo busy around here until the last month or
so?

yeah, i have crossposts to over 2 groups killfiled, so if anything
is coming in, it's crap & i'm not seeing it.
how's the baby? and your other 3 as well...
lee

I don't have that happening with the killfile - I use simple OE for news lol
Buuuut... my blocked senders list is about 4 miles or so long... and I have
enough "rules" to just about make me sick, so very little garbage gets
through, which makes for very little action around here since the spam is
mostly blocked.
Everyone is doing alright... DD3 is finally sleeping and I was thinking of a
shower, but then I decided to wait til the morning (and just gamble with my
luck of a shower in the morning) but flew out of bed when I remembered the
stupid Easter Bunny is supposed to come tonight... I believe it was DS'
third Easter - when he would have just turned 2 - that the Easter Bunny
forgot to come... Grandma called first thing in the morning to ask him what
the darned bunny brought him and he said nothing - the Easter Bunny didn't
come! I thought the darned rabbit came on SUNDAY night to have stuff left
for Easter Monday... Apparently things are left for Easter Sunday morning -
oops... IIRC I didn't bother with really anything for his first Easter (he
was just maybe 2 or so months old for his first, and didn't bother with much
for his second Easter, seeing as he was just barely 1 for that one...) So...
I couldn't forget and had to spring out of bed just a few mins ago...
So but anyways, the kids are quite excited about the Easter Bunny... DD1 has
been "EASTER RABBIT! EASTER RABBIT!" for a little more than a week now.
DD2 follows like monkey see, monkey do with the Easter Bunny thing. DS
knows better but wants candy - he'll be quite disappointed as I kept it
simple to a few small candies and a small toy - Barbies for DD1&2, a little
stuffed bear for DD3 and a Nerf football for DS. Plus I bought that "Bolt"
movie, which I've heard is pretty good, so the kids have a new movie that we
can all enjoy (hopefully!) and then the usual little, somewhat useful things
like bubbles and bath things.
Luckily DD3 has been pretty good... so far. She seems to have some issues
come the evening, though. She seems to be alright as long as I'm carrying
her around. The wrap is definitely getting well used! She HATES the
stroller - I was given a very old Gendron pram thinking it would be awesome
to use for her to walk to the park with the kids and I guess it's a no-go.
She hates it. Loves the wrap, though, so I guess I'll deal with it! Still
nursing great and gaining weight very well. I'm a little concerned about
her belly button, though, which looks a little "off". Hard to explain, but
it looks kinda reddish, shiny a little and kinda sticky-outie, like an
actual button you could push. My mom said it almost looks herniated?? I
don't know... But it doesn't seem to be bothering her, as far as I can tell,
and it is something I'll be asking about at her 2 month checkup - which is
right away as she was 2 calendar months old yesterday and will be 9 weeks
old on Wednesday already - wow, time flies.
But anyways, I think I'm far too tired and really need to crawl into bed...
Arg... After 2am now... What happened to the time!?!??!
How are things going for you??

Old April 12th 09, 04:01 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

"Kat" wrote in
:

How are things going for you??

when i was small (up until all 3 of us left home actually), the
Easter Bunny hid jelly beans all over the house. my dad was a very
devious hider of jelly beans, we'd find jelly beans for *months*...
since we have dogs, the Easter bunny hides the jelly beans (& a few
Peeps) inside of plastic eggs, & one egg always has a Hot Wheels or
Matchbox car inside.
Boo is asleep by 9:30pm at the latest, so i have time to hide stuff
& still get to bed at a reasonable time. i'm sure that'd be different
if i had more kids though.
we're doing well. Boo really likes his school & teacher this year,
although they tried out a new second teacher in the class & he had a
personality conflict with her. apparently another parent disliked her
as well, because she's gone & another teacher came in...
my cancer is all taken care of. i'm on maintainence meds now, but
all is well.
lee

Genetic defect found in a few kids with autism Jeff Kids Health 0 January 10th 08 12:27 AM
UseNeXT offers very fast, anonymous and uncensored access to the Usenet - the mother of all file sharing services. With UseNeXT's unique software you get an easy-to-use access to the Usenet, which used to be so complicated that only internet experts [email protected] Twins & Triplets 0 September 6th 07 01:00 PM
Act could turn the tide on common birth defect Mark Probert Kids Health 2 August 21st 06 03:09 AM
Baby's heart defect meee Kids Health 2 October 19th 05 11:54 PM
Unborn baby with heart defect needs adoptive home [email protected] Pregnancy 0 September 5th 03 09:33 PM