Up at night, stage 2

Old July 13th 03, 12:07 PM
dragonlady

Default Up at night, stage 2

So the phone rings at 12:15 AM; it's the sherrif's department,
wondering why one of our cars seems to be left overnight at a boat
launch. I explain that my 20 yo is supposed to be spending the weekend
jet skiing and camping with friends -- but the car isn't in the
campground, it's at the boat launch. Now I'm wide awake! Accidents do
happen!

However, the nice folks at the sherrif's office tracked her down, woke
her up to confirm it was her, and called me back. She's fine -- she
just abandoned the car in a weird spot.

She's sound asleep in a tent. I may be awake for hours.

sigh How old do you suppose your kids are before you can stop getting
up at night?

meh

Old July 13th 03, 03:00 PM
just me

"dragonlady" wrote in message
sigh How old do you suppose your kids are before you can stop getting
up at night?

Meh

I don't think it ever really stops. Haven't you noticed that the elderly
usually only sleep in naps at night? I think that is probably due to a
lifetime of things like what you describe.

[Glad your DD is ok, too.]

-Aula

---

Old July 14th 03, 08:15 PM
Penny Gaines

dragonlady wrote in
:

sigh How old do you suppose your kids are before you can stop getting
up at night?

I've always assumed when they leave home.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

Old July 14th 03, 09:11 PM
Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes Penny Gaines wrote:

dragonlady wrote in
:

sigh How old do you suppose your kids are before you can stop getting
up at night?

I've always assumed when they leave home.

I did stop waking up when I heard sirens then.

But I still remember the call we got about 2 am from ds when his
firstborn went into the hospital with 90% involved in leukemia.

grandma Rosalie

night potty 'training' cara General 27 February 2nd 04 10:35 PM
Night terrors/nightmares in 11yo girl Tai General 0 August 7th 03 11:03 AM
writhing and crying in night Nevermind General 6 August 5th 03 06:16 AM
Screaming in the night (similar to crying in the night post) Sue General 1 August 4th 03 08:53 PM
5.5 Week Old Slept Through Night... JoAnna General 4 July 31st 03 01:49 AM