Loss....

Old September 4th 04, 03:53 AM
Cele

Default Loss....

I want to tell you about somebody really wonderful who died today.

She was my dearest friend's Mum. We all called her Muffin, and my kids
called her Grandmuffin. I've known her since I was 13, and that's
about 32 years. That's as long as I had my sister.

She was always laughing. She could find humour in every corner, but
she was never unkind. She was one of the most empathetic,
compassionate people I've ever known. If ever I have half her love of
life and of people and most of all, of her family and dearest friends,
I will have learned more than most ever do from life. She was a fierce
defender of her children and a woman of character and courage.

When I was married, Muffin was there.

When my children were born, Muffin was at all the showers, and was
among the first to admire my babies.

When I needed support, she was there for me, even though I wasn't her
child. When I had an ectopic pregnancy, and came home from surgery and
ten days' hospitalisation, my husband went to work. My mom had to
work. But Muffin and Karen were there for me. They came a considerable
distance at their own expense and stayed with me until I got strong
enough to be on my own all day.

When I was divorced, whenever things were down, when bad things
happened, she was there with a card or an email or a phone call of
encouragement. Sometimes, she would sense that we just needed
encouragement for no particular reason, and she would send some along.

We spent Christmas at her home one year, and were included as members
of the family. It took all day to open all the presents, because so
many people had wanted to show her their love with this or that little
gift.

She let me cry on her shoulder many times after my sister's death. She
cried for my daughter, who was so badly brutalised. She supported all
of our efforts and cheered our successes and felt our griefs.

She was a joyous, loving, compassionate, giving human being. She gave
life everything she had, lived with all her heart, and loved with her
whole soul. Not just her own children, although, especially them. Not
just her own family, although, especially them. Her heart was big
enough for so many, many, many people. In that little 4'10" body she
had a heart the size of the cosmos.

I miss her deeply. My children miss her deeply. The world has lost a
beautiful human being.

And I needed somebody to tell - that she lived, and that she has died.
So thanks for listening.

Cele
Old September 4th 04, 02:42 PM
Joelle

I'm sorry for you loss. What a gift that you had someone like that in your
life.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old September 4th 04, 04:11 PM
Louise

Just from your description I feel saddened that the world has lost such a
warm and loving person. However, her spirit is still around and will be for
as long as those she blessed with her presence, love and laughter remember
her and pass her legacy on.

Louise

Old September 4th 04, 05:01 PM
lm

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 02:53:38 GMT, Cele
wrote:

[...]

What a lovely generous person.

lm
Old September 4th 04, 10:37 PM
CME

"Cele" wrote in message
[...]

Aww I'm sorry to hear that Cele. Her life certainly had meaning, at least to
you and I would die happy knowing I had that affect on people.

Christine

Old September 4th 04, 10:47 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Cele" wrote in message

I want to tell you about somebody really wonderful who died today.

snip

I miss her deeply. My children miss her deeply. The world has lost a
beautiful human being.

It certainly sounds that way. :-(

And I needed somebody to tell - that she lived, and that she has died.
So thanks for listening.

It's what we're here for.

My thoughts go out to everyone who knew her and are grieving for her loss at
this time.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 5th 04, 12:05 AM
Tiffany

Hugs to you and your family.

Old September 5th 04, 04:05 AM
Cele

Thanks so much to all of you for your thoughts.

She was indeed an extraordinary person and I am deeply grateful to
have had her in my life. She certainly had a life well lived.

All of us here shall miss her very much. Thanks so much, you guys.

Cele
Old September 7th 04, 12:25 AM
Istara

Cele wrote:

[...]

I wish there was something one could do to ease the sense of loss... My
hearfelt condolences to you.

Dor

Old September 7th 04, 01:45 AM
slykitten

I am terribly sorry for your loss.... When my grandma died, I had to keep
reminding myself that she will live forever in every generation.... and she
lives in me, my siblings, my mom, my kids.... Grandma danced at my wedding
but held me as I cried when I left the abuse and she told me I deserved
better. She met my children (her great grandkids) and she lived a full life.
Her quality of life was amazing and it sounds as if your friend had a great
quality of life too. Thanks for at least sharing a little (as I'm still new
and trying to learn a little more as I read on) and hang in there. Grief is
a long journey and sometimes a tedious one but it's both painful and
rewarding. the growth is amazing and the strength is a blessing. Hang in
there....

--
"Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."