Sore Breasts

Old May 3rd 06, 09:04 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Sore Breasts

Hi, I am new to this group. I found you guys and I thought you would be a
perfect group to ask advice about a problem I am having. My nipples seem to
be completely bruised after my son breastfeeds. He has incredible mouth
strength. Has anyone else gone through this? And what did you do? I feel
like putting a heating pad on my aching breasts!
Oh, another question, my DH asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day a part
from the usual. I am so busy with baby these days I want to ask for
something like a day at the spa. Is that too much to ask of a new mother.
Any other suggestions?

Katie

Old May 4th 06, 12:12 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I believe we all feel sore breasts as long as we breast feed. Well, at
least I know I did. At one point I actually iced my nipples. Wonderful
motherhood.
Sister, as long as you want a spa visit for the day I say go for it and
demand it from your hubby. If you can be away from your son for a day,
take your best galpal and spend the day getting pampered you deserve it.
If you need another suggestion, I asked for a Scooba for Mother's Day.
One thing I hate to do is mop the kitchen floor and the Scooba does the
mopping for you. I saw a demonstration and knew instantly that I had to
have it. I have had to wait a few months, but it will be mine. And as
far as I am concerned, as much as my kids drop food on the floor there
will always be a need for it. ~Julian~
Old May 4th 06, 12:41 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Too much to ask!!! Not at all. You deserve it! I asked for it a a B-Day
present since it was so short after my baby's birth. I got it and loved
every minute of my hot stone massage (highly recommended) mani and
pedi.

For mother's day we are going to plant a tree to mark the year of my
son's birth and I can look at it outside my window everyday.
sherri

Old May 5th 06, 02:47 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Katie writes:
: Hi, I am new to this group. I found you guys and I thought you would be a
: perfect group to ask advice about a problem I am having. My nipples seem to
: be completely bruised after my son breastfeeds. He has incredible mouth
: strength. Has anyone else gone through this? And what did you do? I feel
: like putting a heating pad on my aching breasts!
: Oh, another question, my DH asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day a part
: from the usual. I am so busy with baby these days I want to ask for
: something like a day at the spa. Is that too much to ask of a new mother.
: Any other suggestions?

: Katie

Sounds like a latch problem. I would suggest learning the "C" grip an d
making a "taco sandwich" with the breast when you put it in his mouth,
then making sure he keeps a good latch. If none of this makes sense
to you, see an IBCLC certified lactation consultant.

Larry

Sore breasts aldee Breastfeeding 0 April 17th 06 04:57 PM
Sore breasts aldee Breastfeeding 7 April 15th 06 10:44 PM
Sore breasts Don and Lucille Pregnancy 5 June 26th 05 08:58 AM
sore nipples & breasts MonifromMarrs Breastfeeding 4 January 18th 04 10:42 PM
No Sore Breasts! Karen P Pregnancy 6 August 28th 03 08:17 AM